• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

G&GR Fantasy Super Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
The points system will really suit SBW IMO. Offloads, line break creates etc. But the Tahs defensive should be onto it for this weekend.

He might be worth keeping so you have him against the Brumbies. Coleman did OK against Nonu in the trial but I'm not sure he mightn't get smashed that week.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Good pick for a cheapy is Sean Treeby of the Highlanders.

Won't put up a massive score but in the midfield he'll get runs and tackles.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Who is the duck?

Stephen Donald, from the Chiefs. He's starting this week ahead of Delany. If the Chiefs score plenty vs the Rebs then I think the Duck will collect a few points, assuming he brought his kicking boots. Plus he's not too exxy. Couldn't think of a reasonable replacement that doesn't have a bye within 2 - 3 weeks.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Have made my three changes. Ben Mowen goes out for Ashley Johnson, Israel Dagg out for Sivi, Jimmy Hilgendorf out for Toeava.

Spent ages deciding who to bench from my midfield of Coleman, Steyn, Ioane and Toeava. Have gone with Digby, which is a call I can see coming back to bite me when Digby scores 5 tries and kicks 15 droppies.

Sivi takes on the captaincy, as I can see him running through Lachie Mitchell all day long.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Just took one brumby off for another and only just realized. Fuck. Now i have too make 5 changes next week instead of a less painfully four.

Might be wild card time next week

Go the force!!!!

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Just took one brumby off for another and only just realized. Fuck. Now i have too make 5 changes next week instead of a less painfully four.

Might be wild card time next week

Go the force!!!!
Brumbies are playing next week, they're bye is week 5

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I have confirmed my transfers: Fourie for the Duck, Mitchell for Sivi, J'OC for Morne Steyn. Sivi takes over as captain from the Earl. $28k left in the bank.

My tips of the week, therefore, are Morne and Schmoo - now that I've dumped 'em they'll score plenty.

My team:
Ben Alexander, Myth, Weeks (bench)
TPN, Chilliboy (bench)
Francois Luow, Sykes, O'Neill (bench)
Pocock, Thomson, Salvi, Saffy (bench)
Genia, Cowan (bench)
J'OC, Quade, the Duck, Corne Uys (bench)
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Sivi (c), Poki, Rooney (bench)

Only question left is, should I sub Saffy for Salvi? And O'Neill for Sykes?

The Rebs might (will problably?) get plenty put on them by the dangerous Chiefs backs, but Saffy may still wrack up a nice score, and Salvi has been a big fail so far. But Salvi will probably play 80, as Hooper should sub for Finger Jnr.

I am spending waaaaay too much time, and am reading too much into this! :)

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I moved up 1124 spots last week. Hopefully I can do that this week too :p

My team

McIntosh, Woodcock
Chilliboy (Mealamu is coming off the bench this week)
Bekker, Louw
Thomson (captain), Spiers, Messam
Mathewson
Giteau, Oliver, Steyn
Sivi, Dwayne Sweeney, Jared Payne

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Actually, I could've subbed the Earl for Masaga (instead of Mitchell for Sivi to free up a transfer next week when the Tahs have a bye). Might end up regretting not doing that.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I subbed out Mitchell and will be hoping the Crusaders keep him from scoring since 42% of people have him.

Gooch

Fred Wood (13)
Just finalised my team. Weeks out for Macintosh, Franky Fainifo out for Sivi (who gets captaincy), and a big punt, Quade out for Andries Strauss.
Props: Woodcock, Macintosh (Slipper)
Hooker: Flynn (Robinson)
Locks: Sykes, O'Neill (Reddish)
Back Row: Spies, Latimer, Kaino (Lee)
Half: Genia (Eaton)
I/B: Steyn, Beale, Strauss (Savea)
O/B: Payne, Fruean, Sivi capt (Chambers)

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Just finalised my team. Weeks out for Macintosh, Franky Fainifo out for Sivi (who gets captaincy), and a big punt, Quade out for Andries Strauss.
Props: Woodcock, Macintosh (Slipper)
Hooker: Flynn (Robinson)
Locks: Sykes, O'Neill (Reddish)
Back Row: Spies, Latimer, Kaino (Lee)
Half: Genia (Eaton)
I/B: Steyn, Beale, Strauss (Savea)
O/B: Payne, Fruean, Sivi capt (Chambers)

Payne and Fruen gave you over 100 points between the 2 of them.

I'm angry that I went matchup based with Sweeney and forgot completely about Fruean who is 100K cheaper. At least Payne outscored Mitchell by a bit.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
SBW will be the "most transferred in" player next week. Once he gets rid of the rustiness in his game from not playing for 3 months, the errors will go but the line break creates and tries will stay.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Duck to Sivi try! My team needs more of that.

Sivi has made at least 4 mistakes so far. That is going to cost lots of points.

Status
Not open for further replies.