• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

G&GR Fantasy Super Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I've already got more points this week than last week in total. Although the option to change my skipper from Gits to Morne Steyn has not paid off as expected.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Morne hasn't been scoring well at all so far. I think I will be dumping him for someone cheaper next week.

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
yeah he may be a casualty for me too. especially with the tahs and reds also on the bye in week 4. that's all my inside backs at the moment....

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Gits as my caption oh yeah. Had a good feeling about him this week. I just hope there ain't too many adjustments. The league is doing very well

Go the force!!!!

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
I totally forgot to make any changes to my team.
My back row consisted of a Force, Crusader and a hurricane.
Plus I gave two other Hurricanes and Dan Carter.

Needless to say I have currently dropped 100 places.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
I had kade poki on my bench. Listening to too much saffer press I persisted with bjorn basson. His 6 points don't compete with pokis 44. #fuckwit

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
First time in and going OK, but Fantasy is the right word. TPN scores 14 points against the Reds, Douglas 14, Baxter 9, Mowen 14 Burgo 14. Contrast that with the Reds - Slipper 13, Darwin 9, S Fainga'a 20!!!, Simmons 19, Higgers 18!!, Genia 19!!. Based on that you would think the Tahs would have been beaten by plenty!

A new scoring system is needed. Dominant tackles should get extra points for starters, runs >10 metres should rate higher and clearly dominant scrums that don't produce tight heads should score to the tight 5 too. Then there'd be a bit more balance.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
League does dominant tackles but that's because the ref actually calls a dominant tackle. It would hard to judge what a dominant tackle really is.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I am amazed they don't have a winning bonus. 5 points if its by less than 12, 10 points if its 13+. Rewards players like Mowen who are great players but score less because they don't have to single handedly drag their side through the match a la Adam Thompson.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I don't think points are finalised yet are they? There is usually some movement for a few more days.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I saw this post on TSF and thought it was too good not to share...

Got to hate these Aussie comps. Running a family comp as well and managed to encourage my 25 year old son into playing with the family... Told me he wouldn't be able to follow the...blah, blah, blah. Anyway... after the first round he is first... out of everybody and the comp says that's $1,000 (Oz money)... He's quite happy until he finds out the prizes are for Oz residents only. He's pissed and c'mon... how do they expect an Oztralian to win a comp like that anyway... :)

Ahhh the cruel injustice!!!

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I had to make some quick changes to my team before the prices go to shit. Bit of a gamble, but dropped Phil Waugh for Adam Thomson and Big Kev for Wilhelm Steenkamp. Now I've just one transfer remaining, and my bench already has 3 Canes on it...

Status
Not open for further replies.