• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

G&GR Fantasy Super Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullrush

Geoff Shaw (53)
I hope he's on fire cos I sold Hosea Gear and Israel Dagg and bought him and Lelia Masaga.

Sold David Pocock and bought Adam Thompson and put Keiran Reid on the bench for my sub - Julian Salvi (is he in the starting line-up this week??....oh shit).

Unfortunately I have to wear Tana Umaga still in my outside backs......Ian Foster is an incredibly massive dick.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I'm assuming Salvi will be starting, as I'm keeping him in. I have Pocock on the bench for Saffy - that one is going to cost me big time, I suspect.

If I complete my transfers later today, then my team is looking like:
Props: Ben Alexander, the Myth; Hooker: TPN, Locks: F. Louw, Steven Sykes; Backrow: Adam Thomson, Julian Salvi, Jarrod Saffy (ouch)
Scrummy: Genia, Inside backs: Morne Steyn, Quade, Fourie; Outside backs: AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Schmoo, Kade Poki

I also have "Hollywood" Jimmy Cowan on my bench, ready to sub for Genia in round 4, leaving Mitchell, TPN, Quade, TPN needed to be subbed in round 4. Might have to sub one earlier just in case.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
@Ash why is Saffy and ouch?

For some reason I'm quite keen on picking Giteau this week. Means I can't afford Thomson though so it's looking like Schalk.
And I'm dropping Nanai-Williams for another long term favourite - Lelia Masaga

Edit: This is getting far too much, I just checked the weather forecast for Dunedin tonight... 12 degrees and dry sounds great for the Chiefs backs to carve up the relatively unknown Highlanders backs

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Yeah Moses I was torn between Masaga and Fainifo. In the end I think Fainifo will have more space and scoring opportunities, as Highlanders/Chiefs games tend to be scrappy affairs.

My other changes were bringing in Ben Mowen for Pocock- I think with a tighter game this week he wills score big points, I was impressed with him last week. I also subbed Reddish for Francois Louw, who is starting at 7 for the Stormers but listed as a lock.

I am relying on my starting XV to remain fit because I have a few Crusaders still on the bench that I couldn't get rid of.

Gooch

Fred Wood (13)
I am getting Cory Jane out has he has the bye next week and bringing Franky Fainifo in. Was going to go for Schmoo but need to keep in mind the triple bye next week as I have Cooper, Steyn and Beale as my inside backs, Savea as reserve. I'm hoping there is plenty of low scores the next 2 weeks because mine certainly will be.

Bullrush

Geoff Shaw (53)
Edit: This is getting far too much, I just checked the weather forecast for Dunedin tonight... 12 degrees and dry sounds great for the Chiefs backs to carve up the relatively unknown Highlanders backs

This makes me happy and sad.

Happy that I took Masaga.
Sad that Tana isn't even in the 22.

Have I mentioned what a dick Ian Foster is??

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Finalised my team for this week,

Woodcock / McIntosh
Ralepelle
O'Neill / Horwill
Waugh / Messam / Burger
FdP
Kurtley / Gits / Steyn
Sivi (c) / Mitchell / Masaga

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
Im like a protective coach with my fantasy team, I want to give them all a chance to redeem themselves this week. But Daniel Braid had to go

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Finalised my team for this week,

Woodcock / McIntosh
Ralepelle
O'Neill / Horwill
Waugh / Messam / Burger
FdP
Kurtley / Gits / Steyn
Sivi (c) / Mitchell / Masaga

Not good that I have the exact same except Mealamu for Chillyboy and you're 100 points in front.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
@Ash why is Saffy and ouch?

For some reason I'm quite keen on picking Giteau this week. Means I can't afford Thomson though so it's looking like Schalk.
And I'm dropping Nanai-Williams for another long term favourite - Lelia Masaga

Moses; getting to weather reports to determine which outside backs (or tight forwards) may wrack up the points - I love it!

Saffy is a bit of a wildcard - never seen him play, first start in a Super game since a long stint in League. I reckon it's a real gamble and I would prefer not doing it, but I don't want to waste a transfer by selling and re-buying Pocock. I reckon I even got lucky on Saffy starting. Hope he plays a blinder.

Gits could be a good play, as he has a habit of ripping up weaker defences with his running game if they give him the space. Now you've tempted me - Gits v Fourie? <edit> 6k short on Gits - Fourie it is.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I think Horwill may be an astute pick too for you guys, as he could earn a few more points at blindside than he would at lock.

Bullrush

Geoff Shaw (53)
I have:

Woodcock, Mealamu, Steenkamp
Isaac Ross, Dannie Rossouw
Kaino, Thompson, Salvi
Cowan
Steyn (C), Beale, Toeava
Habana, Umaga, Masaga

Reserves:
Kepu, Freier, H MacDonald (Injured), Read, Kerr-Barlow, Savea & David Smith.

Fingers crossed there are no injuries....lol

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Looking for an inside back between 300K and 425K not named Kurtly Beale.

I have Steyn and Giteau so far. Maybe Wynard Oliver ?

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Hench; I picked a Stormer, as I thought they might get a few more points vs the Lions. Or, you can choose a Chiefs player, as they MAY get a few v the Clan, depending on the style of game the Clan plays (last year it seemed to change week to week).

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member

There's plenty of quality backs available, just avoid picking any from the Canes, Bulls, Reds or Tahs if you can - they've all got byes coming up. Also if you can get one who kicks for poles that can help.

Bullrush

Geoff Shaw (53)

I'd probably go for a Blues player like Stanley (makes plenty of tackles) or Toeava.

Shit...with $425K who can't you pick??

Gooch

Fred Wood (13)

Olivier or Gits I reckon, based on the match ups. Stanley and Toeava will be good but I'm not sure their game will open up for any big scores.

Status
Not open for further replies.