• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

G&GR Fantasy Super Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
I'm only down one player - K Reid or J Lam :(

As most have commented, this really isn't the most important issue - my family in Christchurch had a lucky escape...a broken arm being the worst injury. Nice to see the large amount of assistance between Aus and Nz. Its good to have great neighbours..

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
Making trades early in the week is a trap for new players (what were you thinking Reg?). More often than not they will come back to bite you in the arse.

yeah i don't trust luck enough to make my picks earlier. only drawback is the people that go early will drive the prices on players that you get stuck with. for instance nonu's sell back price has fallen cuz he's getting dropped and cowan has gone up a little.

chiefs team got all flipped around this week. top scoring lock romana graham ain't even on the bench and nanai-williams lost his run on spot. what are the chances delany ever does anything outside of NPC?

stormers coming back against the lions could be good for some points. frans loew earns way more than the other locks with similar prices since he's a backrower.

shame that weekes is still on the bench too....

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
oh and another thing.... what was going on with the bulls??

wingers only got 1 run all game between them (though kirchner did get a few). van der heever scored a try and was lucky to get 30 points off the day. he could have easily ended up with <10 if not for that.

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
I think fox sports should make it so that this week transfers for crusaders and hurricanes don't count towards your limit..

not that that is the main issue right now

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Bulls seemed to be scored particularly harshly - I thought FdP had a pretty good game, some pundits even picked him in their team of the week, yet he comes out with -7!

I'm putting a lot of thought into this weeks transfers, tending to sell Hurricanes as they don't play for two weeks. Also gearing up for the three way bye in two weeks - at this stage looking at Tahs / Reds / Bulls the same and not overpopulating any position.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Agree totally Moses, I am forcing myself to wait until Friday to enter all tips and fantasy trades. Then I can look at all the teams, who is in and who is out, as well as look at who that bloke who does the main page Round Preview is putting his money on, cos he is a genius.

Making trades early in the week is a trap for new players (what were you thinking Reg?). More often than not they will come back to bite you in the arse.

I should just scrape a starting 15 this week, although I will rely on a few rough Higlanders and Lions players scoring some points. I'm looking at you Kade Poki...

I guess I trying to sell high before their prices plummeted once the injuries and suspensions were formalised. I sold them pretty much right after their games.

Probably needed more faith in my bench.

Have never been good at this fantasy stuff...

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Think Kade Poki is a great buy at $75k - is a starter and potential point earner for the Clan. I have him on my bench, and foolishly had Rooney over him in week 1. Not doing that again.

I got lucky by only having 1 Crusader (Dan Carter), and 1 Cane (Eaton on the bench) in my final squad for round 1. Dan Carter will cost one transfer, but I'm happy enough with that.

Might be be transfering out big Victor Matfield, which means he'll probably score big this week. I have a problem heading into week 4 as I have 2 Bulls, 2 Reds and 2 Tahs, so Matfield is the first to go, and I might strengthen my bench with money from Matfield and Carter to prepare for the Reds, Tahs and Bulls having a bye round 4.

I reckon I might take a Stormers inside back as they might rip the Lions a new one - although the Lions are improved, I'm not yet sure they can swing two good defensive performances back to back. I am thinking either Grant, Fourie or de Villiers. I reckon Fourie and de Villiers are better options, but can't choose between 'em. Anyone have any suggestions? Need to know by about 4pm tomorrow when I do my transfers :) <edit> Peter Grant is on the bench for Gary van Aswegen, who is not even on the damn list, so no bargain buy there. So, Fourie v de Villiers?

I already own Thomson; got lucky on that one I reckon. I like Thomson as a player as he can play like a second 7 plus take a few lineouts, and does lots of work. Reckon that sort of player can earn big points, when he's not a penalty magnet that is.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Isn't Francois Luow still a lock for the Stormers and Pieter Luow is the loosie? Can any Saffas clarify?

<edit> I am wrong; Francois Luow is named at 7 (blindside) for the Stormers; Pieter Luow is on the bench.

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
Ash, the stormers have been posted....

1. CJ van der Linde
2. Deon Fourie
3. Brok Harris
4. Rynhardt Elstadt
5. Andries Bekker
6. Schalk Burger
7. Francois Louw
8. Duane Vermeulen
9. Ricky Januarie
10. Gary van Aswegen
11. Bryan Habana
12. Jean De Villiers
13. Jaque Fourie
14. Danie Poolman
15. Conrad Jantjes
Reserves
16. Siyabonga Ntubeni
17. Frans Malherbe
18. De Kock Steenkamp
19. Pieter Louw
20. Dewaldt Duvenage
21. Peter Grant
22. Juan de Jongh

grant is starting out from the bench after just getting back from japan. tough call on the other ones though. i'm thinking jdv might see more ball but fourie will do more with what he sees of it. smart to start planning for the big bye round too.

Gooch

Fred Wood (13)
Fox are slow at updating some players. I noticed Clint Newland is still in the system but is playing with Leinster. Not that it bothers me, my opponent has him along with a few Saders this week. With the Force bye (pocock out), injury (Fritz Lee), Keiran Read out, Fruean and Jane out, it has put my planned moves out. Not happy, but I totally understand they Saders not playing. Thoughts with all of Chch.

OzSash

Allen Oxlade (6)
I guess I trying to sell high before their prices plummeted once the injuries and suspensions were formalised. I sold them pretty much right after their games.

This is the tradeoff ... if you make subs early on in the week, or even at the weekend, you avoid the price movements either way. Alternatively, the smart money, as has been previously mentioned a couple of times, finalises transfers once all teams have been announced which is normally late Thursday, but sometimes Friday morning for the Sunday games.

Gotta feel for the guys who are getting dudded by the match cancellation in fantasy, but my heart really goes out to the quake victims.

GO THE REDS!

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
The two Louw's at the Stormers always confuse me, one was awesome in Fantasy a year ago and I always pick the other one.
Apparently Fox Sports are also confused, considering the Stormers have F.Louw at Openside yet Fox have him as a Lock

Reactions: Ash

Bullrush

Geoff Shaw (53)
Well....made my transfers for Round 2.

Was royally stuffed as I had Hosea Gear and Israel Dagg at out side backs with Julian Savea & David Smith as back-ups. Not to mention David Pocock and Keiran Reid on the starting team along with Tana Umaga who Ian Foster has dropped right out of the 22 for Saturday.....FAAARRRRK!!

I think I'm gonna drop down from my 470th global position....lol....oh well....my first year and I'm enjoying it so far....hehehe

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Well....made my transfers for Round 2.

Was royally stuffed as I had Hosea Gear and Israel Dagg at out side backs with Julian Savea & David Smith as back-ups. Not to mention David Pocock and Keiran Reid on the starting team along with Tana Umaga who Ian Foster has dropped right out of the 22 for Saturday.....FAAARRRRK!!

I think I'm gonna drop down from my 470th global position....lol....oh well....my first year and I'm enjoying it so far....hehehe

Come join me, I'm in the low 2000's.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Gotta use my wildcard for this week.

Have Gear, Reddish, Lam, Fruen plus Pocock on bye and Nonu who was suspended anyway. Plus my ploy of forking out 300K for Strauss being listed as a prop has backfired with him being injured for 6 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.