• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

G&GR Fantasy Super Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Also worth noting that we are top of the League of Leagues table, which is a great achievement.

I find fantasy can be a blessing and a curse, as it sometimes inhibits my enjoyment of the overall game of footy as I am too busy heckling my one fantasy player to get involved. For example the Crusaders score a cracking length of the field try, but I end up pissed off because Israel Dagg had no involvement in it and Ice Toeava missed a tackle. But it certainly makes games in which you have no emotional stake worth watching.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
Also worth noting that we are top of the League of Leagues table, which is a great achievement.

I find fantasy can be a blessing and a curse, as it sometimes inhibits my enjoyment of the overall game of footy as I am too busy heckling my one fantasy player to get involved. For example the Crusaders score a cracking length of the field try, but I end up pissed off because Israel Dagg had no involvement in it and Ice Toeava missed a tackle. But it certainly makes games in which you have no emotional stake worth watching.

all forms of gambling do that. fortunately, this one only costs time

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
okay guys i need some help with my team.

my lineup:

1. Weeks
2. Moore (settled)
3. Slipper (settled)
4. Simmons
5. Sharpe (bye needs to be transfered or subbed)
6. Kaino (settled)
7. Pocock (bye, needs sub/transfer)
8. McCalman (ditto)
9. Genia
10. Cooper
12. C. Smith
13. Mortlock
14. Ashley Cooper
15. Muliaina
11. JP Peterson (DNP)

bench

Smit
Edmonds
Byrnes
Todd
Jimmy Cowan
Colin Slade
Mark Gerrard

I need my starting 15 to all be playing next weekend, from this list of not playing

sharpe
pocock
mccalman
JP peterson

And I want to trade mortlock for beale.
any advice?
use wildcard?

This was my first week of fantasy as you can see... only got something like 210 points this week.

The Mayor of Perth

Ted Fahey (11)
Latest points update looking likely! they've dropped Mitchell down a couple of points :eek:

As a newby to this, I don't understand how it takes so long to finalise the points. I couldn't work out how Salvi was on -2 when I went to bed Sat night, Drew's been 75 all weekend and now he's 68 or whatever, and the points for Poey, Sharpie and Rabs all look a bit light on compared to others who played the same positions???

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I'd save your wildcard.

If Todd starts again for the 'Saders, I'd swap him for Pocock, giving you a spare sub and keeping Pocock, who should be a big earner in the future...hopefully. Wait till later in the week and see who from your team is starting - eg JP Peterson didn't play last week. I'd transfer out the injured / long term non-starters first (eg Weeks and Smit may ride the pine a lot of the season), plus transfer McCalman. You can swap Byrnes for Sharpe if you need the second transfer.

Over the next few weeks you can also weed out the underperformers, eg Mortlock, but only when you have a spare transfer. In the meantime, you could sub Mortlock for Slade.

So I'd probably :
- transfer out McCalman
- transfer out JP Peterson or Gerrard (if JP Peterson isn't returning this week)
- sub Mortlock for Slade
- sub Pocock for Todd (if Todd is starting again)
- sub Sharpe for Byrnes
- maybe use last transfer to get a starting prop (over Weeks/Smit), if one is left

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
@spikhaza transfering to / from your bench doesn't use any substitutions

Even if Todd ends up on the bench, he could get half a game as they manage Richie's return.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
As a newby to this, I don't understand how it takes so long to finalise the points. I couldn't work out how Salvi was on -2 when I went to bed Sat night, Drew's been 75 all weekend and now he's 68 or whatever, and the points for Poey, Sharpie and Rabs all look a bit light on compared to others who played the same positions???

Well the points scoring system is so intricate that it takes multiple watchings of each game to accurately score the players. Because there is probably only one or two guys running it (ie taking the stats and uploading the data), they tend to put up very basic info straight after the game (tries, conversions, line breaks, etc), then more detailed info after a day or so (after another watching one presumes). But to get the true number of tackles, runs, penalties conceded, lineout takes etc it takes multiple watchings, which they normally complete by Monday or Tuesday.

Generally the initial scores are most innacurate for backrowers like Salvi whose work is mainly in tight and thus not easily seen on first viewing.

Most players int he Reds/Force game scored low because it was such a scrappy affair, with few linebreaks and even fewer tries. Also with all of the stoppages the ball wasn't in play for as long. Most players would have racked up a couple of errors, and throw in heaps of penalties and a few yellow cards and hardly anyone gets above 20.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Looks like points are finalised and I'm second. The guy in 1st had a cracking team, considering he didn't have Shmoo as captain he's done bloody well.

Anyone know what happens if the winner is not an Australian resident? They don't qualify for the money, so does the prize go to second?

Edit: Beers could still be on! The bloke who beat me is in the "NEW ZEALAND" global league, I think this is set off the place of residence dropdown in the user profile. Since he's a Kiwi resident, he doesn't qualify for the prize, and if I read the T&Cs correctly, it may be given to the highest placed Australian resident, who I happen to know is a worthy recipient

T&C said:
8. In the event of a tied result for a Weekly Prize or the Overall Prize, the winner will be the participant who was the first to register their details for the Promotion on the FOX SPORTS website, as determined by the Promoter.

10. If a prize is unclaimed by 5:00pm AEDT on 13 October 2011, it will be awarded to the participant with the next highest number of points, subject to the written directions from State regulatory bodies. The unclaimed prize winners, if any, will be notified in writing on 14 October 2011 and their names will be published in the public notices section of The Australian newspaper on 21 October 2011.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Don't forget that Pocock also gave away a few penalties, which are very costly. Pretty sure Pocock only got 2 or so turnovers, but also gave away 2 penalties.

BTW, I'm always open for feedback on my jersey colours. I reckon it's rather dashing.

The Mayor of Perth

Ted Fahey (11)
Don't forget that Pocock also gave away a few penalties, which are very costly. Pretty sure Pocock only got 2 or so turnovers, but also gave away 2 penalties.

BTW, I'm always open for feedback on my jersey colours. I reckon it's rather dashing.

The sageful seer Moses told all weeks ago about not picking Nonu 'cause he gets sent off. So penalties are costly as well. Makes it hard to pick a number 7 then. So that's why Richie never gets pinged - all the refs are playing fantasy. Thanks also Ash.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
McCaw's always been good value, cause he's everywhere. Makes well over 10 tackles a game, often shows up in the loose and takes the ball to the line (runs), and scores as many tries as any other openside from pick and drives etc. Plus, when he's fit he's an 80 minute player.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
It was an interesting week. Big guns like Cooper, Steyn, Nonu, Genia, Pocock, Messam and Spiers all put up disappointing scores in relation to last year's averages.

I only have Pocock on byes this week. 475K is alot to have on the bench and I need to upgrade Nonu to maybe Beale for an extra 75K.

Bullrush

Geoff Shaw (53)
Team of the Week had 11 NZ, 3 Aus and 1 SA.

If you were picking a real team, I wonder if Romana Graham, Mark Reddish and Waylon Murray would be names that readily pop into your head....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.