• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

G&GR Fantasy Super Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I am not normally one to blow my own trumpet, but to pull a post from way back on page 3...

I reckon the value pick this week is Reddish from the Canes- starting at 6, listed at lock on Foxsports and only $75K. Yes please.

Too bad my prediction skills were totally shithouse for the other 14.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
According to Fox, last week Ita Vaea didn't play, record any stats or anything. What don't I understand? I'm considering him for this week, but if he's not going to be scored its a bit dodgy to say the least.

Match cancellation has royally stuffed up my team and changes. Instead of unloading Force players and Tahs and Bulls before the bye and ditching poor performers, I am now unloading Saders and Canes. The three change limit is sure making life difficult.

One thing has become obvious to me. You need to look very carefully at who a player has to play against. Take Fruean. He scored the same number of points as Shepherd, who played poorly. Fruean, because he was playing against a top team, scored poorly even though he played very well. This week Brumbies and Bulls players look very attractive.

dudebudstud

Ward Prentice (10)
The Crusaders/Hurricanes game cancellation as messed up my team for this round - I had four players between those two teams. I wonder why they made the decision to cancel the game instead of reschedule it as a mid week game later on in the season?

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
I doubt a couple of days is going to give the 'Saders players and staff enough time to get over what just happened and then expect them to turn around and play against the 'Tahs a few days after that.

Bullrush

Geoff Shaw (53)
The Crusaders/Hurricanes game cancellation as messed up my team for this round - I had four players between those two teams. I wonder why they made the decision to cancel the game instead of reschedule it as a mid week game later on in the season?

Perhaps there are some things more important than Super Rugby and our Fantasy Rugby teams....FFS

dudebudstud

Ward Prentice (10)
I doubt a couple of days is going to give the 'Saders players and staff enough time to get over what just happened and then expect them to turn around and play against the 'Tahs a few days after that.

I meant postpone the game for much later in the season. Obviously helping with the recovery and rescue is the most important thing right now.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Terrible tragedy in Christchurch, if they want to cancel the rugby that's perfectly understandable. Postponing in such a tight season was never going to work.

Re your fantasy teams, consider benching Saders and dropping Canes - Canes have a bye next week.

Bullrush

Geoff Shaw (53)
I didn't mean it like that! Sheesh, I'm not completely heartless.

Sorry mate...I had just finished watching some of the vids from the quake and just coming back from home on Monday nite I was a little bit raw and read your comment the wrong way.

For the record, I'm thinking fantasy rugby should make any transfer of Hurricane and Crusader players free this week......

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
it won't happen it seems:

ALERT: Due to the Christchurch earthquake, the Crusaders vs Hurricanes match this weekend has been called off. Unfortunately we cannot change the game rules so you still only have three transfers. Make sure you choose wisely!

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
yeah, I was able to replace Andrew Hore, but only with Cory Flynn.

Then I had Jack Lam in my starting side with Matty Hodgson on the bench.

Had already ditched Nonu, in anticipation of his suspension as well as Hilgendorf knowing he was injured and Vuna, as I thought he'd be injured too.

I'm screwed.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Have been holding on to my transfers, thinking about it all week but not actually making them until Friday when the teams are announced. Often training injuries can lay havoc to the best plans...

I'm looking pretty good for this week, with Chillyboy starting and my other bench players I can transfer out all Canes / Saders and Force with 2 transfers.

I like the look of Adam Thomson, he's pricey though!

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Have been holding on to my transfers, thinking about it all week but not actually making them until Friday when the teams are announced. Often training injuries can lay havoc to the best plans...

Agree totally Moses, I am forcing myself to wait until Friday to enter all tips and fantasy trades. Then I can look at all the teams, who is in and who is out, as well as look at who that bloke who does the main page Round Preview is putting his money on, cos he is a genius.

Making trades early in the week is a trap for new players (what were you thinking Reg?). More often than not they will come back to bite you in the arse.

I should just scrape a starting 15 this week, although I will rely on a few rough Higlanders and Lions players scoring some points. I'm looking at you Kade Poki...

Reactions: Ash

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
According to Fox, last week Ita Vaea didn't play, record any stats or anything. What don't I understand? I'm considering him for this week, but if he's not going to be scored its a bit dodgy to say the least.

Can anyone throw any light on this for me before I make another disasterous choice?

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
Can anyone throw any light on this for me before I make another disasterous choice?

he wasn't in the system before the start of last week's game so maybe they didn't bother scoring him. now that he's there he'll get scored.

fox was pretty slow getting some guys in for the 1st week. he was a casualty of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.