• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

G&GR Fantasy Super Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Steyn at 475K has been a disappointment. But these home games against touring Aus and NZ teams are generally where he makes the big scores.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Actually thinking of dumping Morne Steyn for J'OC, and buying Sivi for this week. I reckon Sivi may cause the Rebs a few headaches, but he's damn exxy and I'd have to sell flop Julian Salvi to buy him. Which would then mean that I am stuck with flop Fourie as an inside back, sadly. Decisions, decisions.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
3 words Hornet - Ice Ice Baby. I am all about Toeava this week, thought he had a belter against the Sharks and will hopefully get a bit more space against the Lions. He is pricy but I think he looks the goods.

Am also thinking of bringing in Sivi or Masaga. While they haven't won a game, the Chiefs play a game condusive to fantasy point scoring- a lot of ball in hand, fast and loose rugby. Leaning towards Sivi.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Big decision for this week

Masaga vs The Rebels where he will probably get subbed by Nanai-Williams after 50 minutes

OR

Mitchell vs Crusaders plus he has the buy next week.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
If you can afford Mitchell you can afford Sivi. Same attacking flair as Masaga but won't get subbed. Mitchell may struggle for opportunities in what promises to be a pretty physical match. Then again I said that last week and he still scored well...

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
If you can afford Mitchell you can afford Sivi. Same attacking flair as Masaga but won't get subbed. Mitchell may struggle for opportunities in what promises to be a pretty physical match. Then again I said that last week and he still scored well...

I already have Sivi.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I wouldn't likely be moving on Mitchell when he will have to be subbed next week, moreso because of the difficult game vs the 'Saders anyway. I wouldn't buy any new Reds, Tahs or Bulls this week for that very reason.

That being said, the Tahs and Mitchell are in cracking form and he could easily get a pile of points, or nothing.

I'm very happy with Kade Poki as one of my outside backs. Bang for buck ($75k) he's been fantastic.

Might keep Salvi and put Saffy on the bench this week, leaving my loosies as Pocock, Adam Thomson and Salvi. Reckon Salvi will go the full 80 this week as Finger Jnr will get subbed for Hooper and Salvi will stay on, whereas Saffy will probably get subbed around the 60 min mark again.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
OK, here's a question for props - which 2 out of:

Myth Woodcock v Jamie MacIntosh v Ben Alexander?

Knowing that losing Alexander frees up A LOT (nearly $300k) of money to spend elsewhere.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
My mistake. I forgot to mention that I already have Mitchell in my team.

Now that you mention it I will Sub Mitchell for Masaga and then Spiers to Pocock.

The Mayor of Perth

Ted Fahey (11)
Steyn at 475K has been a disappointment. But these home games against touring Aus and NZ teams are generally where he makes the big scores.

I hope so, wondering whether to keep him as capt??? Or maybe a strategic move out now with all those Tahs and Bulls not available next week???

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
OK, here's a question for props - which 2 out of:

Myth Woodcock v Jamie MacIntosh v Ben Alexander?

Knowing that losing Alexander frees up A LOT (nearly $300k) of money to spend elsewhere.

the value of mac is hard to pass up. cheap and gets as many carries as anyone in super rugby so far so he's bound to accumulate.

hard to tell for me with the myth. didn't record a run last week according to the stats and he's not a try scorer. maybe got lucky 1st week.

alexander has underperformed in my mind, and gotten lucky with some tighthead wins in the stats. but he's still getting you about 15 a game. if he can kick on he's worth the price.

i'd go mac and alexander

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
McIntosh has been great value so far, he's captain so likely to play 80 minutes.

Just got my team in. Opted to euthenase the Burger experiment after just one week, bringing in Ashley Johnson who looked superb for the cheetahs last week. 52 points in 56 minutes, very busy.

Just need to finalise the bench, leaning towards Messam over Todd, Thorn and O'Neill over Steenkamp.

Woodcock, McIntosh
Ralepelle
Thorn, O'Neill (Steenkamp)
Thomson, Messam, Johnson (Todd)
FdP
Beale, Giteau, Steyn
Sivivatu, Shmoo, Masaga

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Actually thinking of dumping Morne Steyn for J'OC, and buying Sivi for this week. I reckon Sivi may cause the Rebs a few headaches, but he's damn exxy and I'd have to sell flop Julian Salvi to buy him. Which would then mean that I am stuck with flop Fourie as an inside back, sadly. Decisions, decisions.

Isn't Fourie injured?

Reactions: Ash

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yeah, thanks to that ultimate guide on the front page I just picked up on Fourie being injured as well. So far I have lined up the Duck as a Fourie replacement.

So far I am thinking: Morne for J'OC, Fourie for the Duck, Schmoo for Sivi, leaving Myth for Mac at a later date. Was considering buying Gits instead of J'OC, but his bye in round 5 stopped me. Sivi for Schmoo is my undecided choice to far - I need to sub Schmoo next week, but not using Sivi will give me a heap of cash to spend. Masaga is tempting over Sivi simply for price reasons only.

Seeing as the Brumboys have a bye in round 5, then Highlanders a bye in round 6, I might need to some shuffling of props.

edit: Ashley Johnson looks a great buy at only $175k. I wanted to sub Salvi for him, but am stumped on having to replace Fourie as well.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
The points system will really suit SBW IMO. Offloads, line break creates etc. But the Tahs defensive should be onto it for this weekend.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Yeah, thanks to that ultimate guide on the front page I just picked up on Fourie being injured as well. So far I have lined up the Duck as a Fourie replacement.

There must be someone else. He and Cowan, for different reasons, are two players I just cannot bring myself to pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.