• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

G&GR Fantasy Super Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Nonu v Carter watch

After week 4, Tom Carter has 70 points in 230 minutes while Ma'a Nonu has -13 in 41 minutes

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Low scoring week this week, add to this the players with big scores were generally ones people who had existing good teams didn't have (ie Maitland, Robinson). The top weekly score of 499 is way down on other weeks.

I'm so tempted to jump the gun and put my changes in... Ice out after one uninspiring week for Droppies, Gits for Murray and O'Neill for Sharpe. Damn, wish they were playing again tomorrow!

I was all over Ice a few weeks ago but have gone very cold on him. He just doesn't get involved enough at fullback, and when he does he generally just passes to Rok or Ranger. He is definitely one to bench I think.

Same for Robbie Coleman. Has given me four good weeks, but with Lealiifano and To'omua back to fitness I can't see him getting more than 50 minutes a game if that.

I am all about SBW now. Has all the skills, won't miss tackles, and will rarely go below 30 I reckon.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
I ended up doing quite well considering I only got 9 points from 5 players and the other 10 made up the 352

Go the force!!!!

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Similar story with me - I think I am sitting on 364 for the round, which is an OK result I think for the team I had going in.

Bit annoyed with my Kaino pick, but he did pick up a huge knock right at the start of the game. Shoulda tried to get Minnie.

And I will eat a little humble pie for Carter over Doppies, but we'll give that one a few more weeks to play out I guess.

I've already made 2 subs for the week - Alexander out for MacIntosh (this one is a bit controversial for me, as Mac is on a bye next week), and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) out for Schmoo, who is now my captain.

My last sub will be to raise some cash, as I only have 19k left. Thinking along the lines of Salvi for Todd (depends if McCaw will be back in a week or not) or Strauss, or Sivi for SBW (but the 'Saders have a bye in 2 weeks and I want to wait till after it). I am tempted to swap Francois Louw for Horwill next week as well. Would also love to swap the Duck (or maybe even J'OC) for a much cheaper inside back option, but there's none that I can see.

BTW, Ben Lucas of the Reds is down as a halfback but will likely be the starting fullback for the next few weeks, at least. May be worth a gamble at $250k, as I'd expect that most fullbacks will earn more than most halfbacks.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
My last sub will be to raise some cash, as I only have 19k left. Thinking along the lines of Salvi for Todd (depends if McCaw will be back in a week or not) or Strauss, or Sivi for SBW (but the 'Saders have a bye in 2 weeks and I want to wait till after it). I am tempted to swap Francois Louw for Horwill next week as well. Would also love to swap the Duck (or maybe even J'OC) for a much cheaper inside back option, but there's none that I can see.

BTW, Ben Lucas of the Reds is down as a halfback but will likely be the starting fullback for the next few weeks, at least. May be worth a gamble at $250k, as I'd expect that most fullbacks will earn more than most halfbacks.
Weylon Murray is cheap as, though I'm not sure about stocking up on Lions as they head on tour.

Lucas for 250k? Not sure how much ball he'd get back there, especially if the Reds continue to play for penalties. I'll be sticking with FdP at ~300k

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I am keen on Burgo for the next few weeks. Will get through a mountain of work against the Cheetahs and Brumbies, and will hopefully pick up a cheeky linebreak or two. Rock solid in defence as well.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member

Just read he will be out for another 5 rounds:

All Blacks and Crusaders captain Richie McCaw will not be back in action by the end of the month, with it likely that the mercurial openside will not return until round nine of the Investec Super Rugby season.

Reactions: Ash

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Weylon Murray is cheap as, though I'm not sure about stocking up on Lions as they head on tour.

Lucas for 250k? Not sure how much ball he'd get back there, especially if the Reds continue to play for penalties. I'll be sticking with FdP at ~300k

Tried Waylon Murray last week. Got me 17 points. He was OK for the first two weeks but has gone downhill badly since.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
17 points is quite respectable for a cheap player filling the squad, especially in week 4. I'd be happy if Kevin O'fucking'Neill contributed 17 points. Wilhelm Steenkamp auto-subbed again, this week I got +6 so on balance I'm just at -3 with these two to date.

Bullrush

Geoff Shaw (53)
I've already got Kurtley Beale but I'm thinking I might pick up a few more Tahs this week.

After a pretty good Round 1, I don't know how much longer to stick with J Cowan.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I had a pretty good round, scoring 355, considering the amount of byes and injuries to key players. I'm up 20 slots in our league and 1053 in the global comp.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I reckon Beale is a good bet to get some points this week as well.

Thanks to Barbarian's news, I think my last sub this week will be Salvi for Todd this week and I will be forced to choose who to bench between Todd, Saffy and Kaino, and then next week I can bench Thomson without issues as well. Will just wait for Thursday for the 'Saders team and injury reports.

Other option: bring in Beale for either J'OC or Dan Carter. This is a real tempting move, as the Tahs have a string of games that their outside backs could score well in, up until the Blues in round 9.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I reckon Beale is a good bet to get some points this week as well.

Thanks to Barbarian's news, I think my last sub this week will be Salvi for Todd this week and I will be forced to choose who to bench between Todd, Saffy and Kaino, and then next week I can bench Thomson without issues as well. Will just wait for Thursday for the 'Saders team and injury reports.

Other option: bring in Beale for either J'OC or Dan Carter. This is a real tempting move, as the Tahs have a string of games that their outside backs could score well in, up until the Blues in round 9.
Nothing to say the Tahs backs wont score points against the notoriously poor tackling Blues.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I've already got Kurtley Beale but I'm thinking I might pick up a few more Tahs this week.

After a pretty good Round 1, I don't know how much longer to stick with J Cowan.

Cowan is cheap but that is just about his only redeeming feature. I won't even start listing what's on the other side of the ledger.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
This is a hard week with the pick probably bring tahs and force players. I think the rebalance is just too good in defense too see the reds put on 4 try's. The tah's should put on around 7 try's. The force might not put on many try's but there forwards should rack up on points.

I think I have too use my wild card this week if I want too stay in the top 5 for our league.

Go the force!!!!

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Just off topic for a sec. Can Moses or mr timms help me out and tell me how the hell I got what I think is Ben 10 as my profile pic as I have not uploaded any pics to my profile. Lol

Go the force!!!!

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)

Hahaha and it took me a while too catch on that I had a photo. I will amuse you for now reg. But not for long!!

Go the force!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.