• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Chiefs v Reds 7/6 QF

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
I hate to say it. We love it when the ref leaves the whistle in the pocket but the only team that can compete with kiwi teams when the ref leaves the whistle in the pocket are the Brumbies.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I want a captain to just come out and be honest for once. Luke Jacobson:

Yeah that was surprisingly easy, actually. They beat us early in the year and put in some really competitive performances so we were surprised to see them roll over but hey not going to look a gift horse in the mouth and all that shit. Absolutely flogged them and the scoreboard reflects that. Walk in the park.

drewprint

Alan Cameron (40)
I hate to say it. We love it when the ref leaves the whistle in the pocket but the only team that can compete with kiwi teams when the ref leaves the whistle in the pocket are the Brumbies.
A wonderfully lucid comment Shiggins! This is bang on. When a game becomes jailhouse rules, we get torched.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Well some things remain the same. I just watched a bloody good game, but seems it wasn't as the ref wasn't up to the standard of some posters??
Chiefs won for one reason, they were better team, and mainly because they played with a lot more agression, and Reds for some reason were to passive at breakdown and carrting the ball especially in first half.

capalaba

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Have a few beers.
Should of been at least a yellow for smashing tate late. He turned his body and shoulders him in the head. What happened to protecting the player.
The amount of chiefs lying on the wrong side of the ruck. Thomos had to almost have his ankle broken go win a penalty. Tate was having to pass the ball over people the whole game. Half their turnovers where in rucks and not releasing. The chiefs definately had the rub in this game.
Half the turnovers were Tate being too damn slow at the breakdown. He was reluctant to reach in and grab the ball. He had a complete shocker.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I spoke too soon..
Haha hardly full shiggins. I’m only talking about the bloke in the middle, I don’t mind the other officials being from NZ & Aus as long as there as a balance. I didn’t mean all the neutral refs have to be Fijian, I meant fly one in from anywhere.

Confucius Say

Colin Windon (37)
For all the hype, Kiss does nothing more than Thorn did with this bunch
Except:

1. Play with more shape
2. Play with more endeavour
3. Beat and compete with kiwi teams
4. Attack instead of penalty goals
5. Have game plans
6. Be able to do post game interviews and articulate where your players are on their development continuum.

other than that, yep we lost a QF in NZ with a notoriously controversial referee who I saw get booed live…in Paris at the rugby World Cup!

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Haha hardly full shiggins. I’m only talking about the bloke in the middle, I don’t mind the other officials being from NZ & Aus as long as there as a balance. I didn’t mean all the neutral refs have to be Fijian, I meant fly one in from anywhere.
I not sure what neutral refs are. Super is not international rugby, so long as refs from outside the area they are neutral. A few weeks back I watched a game with Reds in it, and Nic Berry Reffed it, Damon Murphy was one AR, and other one was too. Funnily enough there was no call from here for neutral refs?

Confucius Say

Colin Windon (37)
Plus Kiss has overseen a complete turnaround in discipline with the Reds getting the least yellow cards this season (both in the same game) at 2.

And they were the equal third highest try scoring team.

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
Well - disappointing. I’m feeling pretty gutted.

But gee I feel like we’ve come along way this year. The worst thing about Super Rugby is it’s over too quick.

Looking forward to the tour games v Wales & Tonga.

Reactions: dru

Serge

Fred Wood (13)
The game was won in the first half when the Chiefs played with excellent pace and power in a dominating defence effort - which facilitated their attack (which was also very well executed). The second half was won by the Reds score wise but was a much more even tussle in game play. The referee had the usual refeeing inconsistencies we see with all referees, but but by no means to an extent that affected the outcome of the match.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I not sure what neutral refs are. Super is not international rugby, so long as refs from outside the area they are neutral. A few weeks back I watched a game with Reds in it, and Nic Berry Reffed it, Damon Murphy was one AR, and other one was too. Funnily enough there was no call from here for neutral refs?
It wasn’t a final. When it gets to finals a neutral ref is one from another country.

dru

David Wilson (68)
Guys, you need to play to the ref. It's not like we haven't played with the bloke before. He has proven pretty consistent I reckon.

<begrudging> Well done Chiefs, comprehensive finals win.

To the Reds wtf? Back to plan for next year , eh?

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Was good interview from Les Kiss, he sounds like got a good head on his shoulders.

Lol only one little thing, he said the Reds had won the second half 28-12, but they only scored 21 whole game.
And they needed to win52-12 to make a difference anyway. ;)

Tomthumb

Desmond Connor (43)
Except:

1. Play with more shape
2. Play with more endeavour
3. Beat and compete with kiwi teams
4. Attack instead of penalty goals
5. Have game plans
6. Be able to do post game interviews and articulate where your players are on their development continuum.

other than that, yep we lost a QF in NZ with a notoriously controversial referee who I saw get booed live…in Paris at the rugby World Cup!
Yet the season ended the EXACT same way

And if you lose by 22 points I’m sorry but you can’t blame the ref

griffins

Billy Sheehan (19)
Sustained brutality from the chiefs. A lot of complaints about the refereeing but chiefs were very accurate every time qld got slightly isolated which was where a lot of the first half turnovers came from. There was some leniency shown to the chiefs closer in which slowed the reds ball but a lot of that was on the back of qld losing first up contacts.

Individually there were good performances, particularly Hodgman and the centres. Backrow were busy but couldn't influence the breakdown, McReight still among the best though and his tackling continues to improve/impress. Uru very disappointing, short on physical presence when qld needed their big men to stand up.