• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Chiefs v Reds 7/6 QF

dillyboy

Arch Winning (36)
Just watched the replay as the boy had soccer training until 5:30.

Blown away in the first 25 mins & was almost impossible to come back from there

I've seen us go 3 trys to nil down against the chiefs but 4-0 is a big ask....

dillyboy

Arch Winning (36)
Only blatant shocker of a call from the refs was ignoring the late hit on Tate.

The rest just seemed to be favouring the dominant side which is reasonable as long as it's consistent....

Paisami yellow card was my most hated rule in rugby - he hold onto that & we score under the posts down the other end.

Tate definitely didn't play his best - was too slow at the breakdown trying to milk something when the ref was having none of it. Needed to speed it up for sure.

At the end of the day a better side then last year but the same result.Playing much smarter rugby this year.

Just have to iron out the playing to the level of our opposition & dropping those easy games.

Wins against any two of the Force, Moana & Drua would have given us the home final and likely a different result tonight...

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
The Chiefs have used the classic tactic for beating Aussie teams. Super aggressive at the breakdown and tackle, and pull apart our game. Just too smart for us.
There's nothing smart about it Sully, if you hang back in the D and do not compete in pods at the breakdown then this is what you get. There was a classic point late in the 2nd half when Nongorr took the ball up and Uru and one other just watched him go into contact then decided to support him, turnover again.
Insufficient aggression, lousy D and poor support across the field. I thought they would fight for this one and McDermott and a couple of others were the only ones.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Chiefs: 42
Reds: 12
80bb58cd-07e3-4876-a06c-e60851997845_zps85f8e163.jpg

Mr Pilfer

Jim Clark (26)
Disappointing performance and really concerning the way the kiwi teams have just monstered the Aussie teams in some games. Same with the blues with Sotutu and Ioane, it has looked like men against boys. The wallabies are going to really need Valetini and his mates to step up physically

eastman

Colin Windon (37)
It was a pretty typical result for when the top NZ teams play our guys.

How can we compete with players who are not only equal to better rugby players but just fundamentally far better athletes?

I mean Ryan/Grealy compared to Narawa/ Seturo is just comical.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I just read a comment from a Reds fan on another forum, that helped dummed it up. He felt the Reds were dominated in positions 2-4-6-8-10-14 and 15 which was pretty fair, though may add 13 at least.
My personal opinion was that Tupou Vai'i was best tight forward on field (just ahead of ST at Hooker). and backline DMac pulled strings superbly, and ALB was immense.

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
I'm watching the replay:
Screenshot-20240607-155022-Gallery.jpg

According some comments I could read, I don't feel a good vibe here, mate

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
15 minutes: It looks like Subbies vs International players. The physicality of Chiefs players is just insane. They destroy Reds players in every contact

dillyboy

Arch Winning (36)
Does your son play soccer? Even rugby diehard supporters can't send their sons to play our code lol
He's 10 this year & has been playing since under 6s.

Unfortunately it's part of the reason our game is dieing.

Getting a mum to sign off on rugby is the challenge.....

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Reds were comprehensively outplayed there. The Chiefs coaching staff picked apart the Reds game plan perfectly.
Reds were comprehensively outplayed there. The Chiefs coaching Kiwi refereeing staff picked apart the Reds game plan perfectly.
;) That's breaking news

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
As soon as I saw O'Qweef was the ref I thought "GAGR is going to go to town on the poor bastard, hometown ref, reason we lost, couldnt get a call etc. Shiggers will be having an aneurysm in his gruds by halftime....."

.....and yet even to me the ref did actually seem totally biased against the Reds. They could not get a call. Maybe it was cos they were getting flattened but as the game went on I thought "oh shit the GAGR ref gripers have actually got a case here ffs....."

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
OMG when are we going to grow past the "The Ref Dun US Wrong' stuff.

The Kiwi coaches study refs for opportunities we just moan about them. They are human and see things differently from person to person, if you want rabid consistency get a machine....

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
As soon as I saw O'Qweef was the ref I thought "GAGR is going to go to town on the poor bastard, hometown ref, reason we lost, couldnt get a call etc. Shiggers will be having an aneurysm in his gruds by halftime....."

.....and yet even to me the ref did actually seem totally biased against the Reds. They could not get a call. Maybe it was cos they were getting flattened but as the game went on I thought "oh shit the GAGR ref gripers have actually got a case here ffs....."
Dominant teams always get the rub of the green Dismal.I noticed as the Reds improved in the 2nd half the penalties started to go the Reds way.

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)
Deckchairs on the Titanic stuff but I thought it was strange to start Lynagh this week when Creighton was very good last week at 10 and Creighton is more physical and more experienced.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
Deckchairs on the Titanic stuff but I thought it was strange to start Lynagh this week when Creighton was very good last week at 10 and Creighton is more physical and more experienced.
I suspect Les thought Lynagh would be better if the game is quick and then bring on Crighton to win the game. Nothing matters when your forwards are beaten in just about every phase of the game.