• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Channel 9 continues the tradition of absymal free to air rugby coverage...

Status
Not open for further replies.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Nine taking the Fox commentary feed!!!

I know, and what was going on with the referee microphones? It seemed that they were streaming the touchies calls early in the match. Also, my volume was really dull all game, particularly after an ad break.

Rebel rouser

Ted Fahey (11)
Thanks for your support people with posting, everyone. The more the better!

What's the Facebook group called?

'Wide World of Sports' facebook page is where we're concentrating most of action. You will have to 'like' them to comment, unfortuantely. Also to some extent the 'channel9' page.

T

TOCC

I know, and what was going on with the referee microphones? It seemed that they were streaming the touchies calls early in the match. Also, my volume was really dull all game, particularly after an ad break.

yeah my volume was weird as well(Ch9), kept fluctuating, didn't know what was going on there but was a little bit annoying

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Didn't have time to go into the city, and I thought with the dozens of bars along Sydney Road I would be sweet...

Somehow I only missed the first 5 minutes of the game... must've kicked off later than expected?

But I found a bar on Lygon st which was showing it which I'll go back to... One bar along two major Melbourne streets...

Fuck you Channel 9... and I'm pretty sure Channel 9 didn't end up showing Cat In The Hat, and instead put on a Harry Potter film...

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)

The comms gear they use means you are able to pick up what both touchies are saying as well. It's a good system.

Reactions: DPK

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
The comms gear they use means you are able to pick up what both touchies are saying as well. It's a good system.

I like the system, and think it's a good idea, BUT because they were streaming the fox sports commentary and overlaying the referee comms, it came out as though they were clashing with eachother. If used properly, i think it would be a great system.

Possibly dangerous if they are open mics though!

A

Army_Gav

More shafting by Nine next weekend. Perth will get the Bledisloe live, while Melbourne and Adelaide get crap such as the News and Australia's Funniest Home Videos.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I doubt Fox Sports would deny such a proposal considering the games are already shown 'live' in the major rugby markets on Channel 9.

Common sense starting to prevail.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
This is realistically the best possible solution and if approved, should be considered a win for rugby union fans in Melbourne.

Boggles my mind why nobody thought of it earlier as a compromise, although I'd rather it be on GO! so it's accessible to people with SDTV STB's.

A

Army_Gav

Well done everyone, Nine will broadcast the game LIVE nationally. It will be on GEM in Melbourne & Adelaide.

Status
Not open for further replies.