• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Channel 9 continues the tradition of absymal free to air rugby coverage...

Status
Not open for further replies.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Looked at EBroadcast's TV guide for next Saturday. Check this out:
- Melbourne has "Cat in the Hat" on Nine for FFS.

I would tell you that Cat in the Hat would have been a better choice for today, but that is unfair on the Samoans. They were very good - committed, physical, game plan to their strengths.

A

Army_Gav

Get stuck into them again on their Facebook fan page. Do it in a Dr-Suess rhyming style, to fit in with them showing 'Cat in the Hat'.

Reactions: Epi

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Aside from the timeslot issues in other states, I thought the coverage was actually pretty good. The pre-match discussions with Gorgeous George and Andrew Slack flowed well and looked like a bit of effort had been put into them; not just thrown together.

My only real criticism is that a couple of times they went to an ad break when the referee was talking to one of his assistants or talking to a player. Apart from that it was pretty good.

A

Army_Gav

Aside from the timeslot issues in other states, I thought the coverage was actually pretty good. The pre-match discussions with Gorgeous George and Andrew Slack flowed well and looked like a bit of effort had been put into them; not just thrown together.

My only real criticism is that a couple of times they went to an ad break when the referee was talking to one of his assistants or talking to a player. Apart from that it was pretty good.
Just watched the replay to get an idea. Ken wasn't that bad, wish they had their own commentary team.

Nine had 70,000 for Block re-runs apparently.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
im glade it was fox sports at the same time.And After watching the super rugby,I couldn't stand the commercials at nearly every brake down.....

Rebel rouser

Ted Fahey (11)
Just an update - Channel 9 have now taken to banning the Rebel Army and it's core supporters from their Wide World of Sports facebook page. Turns out that people voicing their opinion is not what facebook is all about. Huh, how about that?

The irony is, for virtually the entire Rebel Army it doesn't matter... being rugby nuts we all have foxtel or have our central pub that we gather at. But to grow the game in Victoria requires exposure.

We need your support GAGR team. Help with the Victorian (as well as South Australian and Western Australian) push to get FTA coverage. Get on Facebook and post on the 'Wide World of Sports' and 'Channel9' pages that you support the growth of rugby in the southern states. Unfortunately, you will need to 'like' them to post on their wall. And don't mention the Rebel Army, or they will ban you!

N

ntrugby10

Thank god the Australia-South Africa match will be shown live in the Territory for once.

As much as I want to hate on Channel 9, I remember always staying up to midnight or so to watch rugby games when they were on Channel 7.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Done...whilst I am lucky to be able to watch the game live in the comfort of my lounge room, I do feel for those who can't...

However, I have enjoyed many a moment watching Super rugby at the local surf club whilst living in Noosa several years ago...

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Have to wonder just what the geniuses at 9 are up to.

The ad I just watched pitched the Tri-Nations series as being between "the Wallabies, the Meat Eaters & the Sheep Shaggers", and that tonight we are playing the "World Losers" and "it will be a breeze for our Champions".

WTF? Have they not watched rugby for the last trophyless decade?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Have to wonder just what the geniuses at 9 are up to.

The ad I just watched pitched the Tri-Nations series as being between "the Wallabies, the Meat Eaters & the Sheep Shaggers", and that tonight we are playing the "World Losers" and "it will be a breeze for our Champions".

WTF? Have they not watched rugby for the last trophyless decade?

I echo your WTF. An agree was not enough.
WTF??

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Perhaps a little feed back to the ARU from disgruntled supporters wouldn't go astray either?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Thanks 9.

Gone into every bar along Sydney Rd and no one is playing it.

Can't stay up for the replay.

Fuck this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.