• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Channel 9 continues the tradition of absymal free to air rugby coverage...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I wrote a reply to Dean Ritche's blog explaining the ratings from the 2003 RWC (4m), how it dominated the capital cities, and how they eclipsed both the NRL final of that year (that was at 1.2M in Sydney, compared to the RWC final over 2M in Sydney) and SOO from this year (3.4M viewers).

I took the effort simply because Ritchie's lazy reply to someone who accurately said that rugby has both FTA and Foxtel sports viewership records over league was simply "You just don't know the facts do you?!". Obviously Ritchie doesn't.

I bet it won't be published.

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
Jesus Christ, Dean Ritchie, what an arsehole.

It would be an insult to every league fan who watches on a friday

what about it would be a national insult to every Australian who waits for years for a world cup.

Time to make sure that everyone hears us, vote ireland on the couriermails link.

Will be great news if they shuffle it back, I can see nine making a Big mistake and putting the group stage match on delay, if so get ready for Gav's signal to attack their facebook page with all hell of complaints and be on standbye to ring the fuck out of channel 9.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
I also think that people are forgetting it's not always appropriate to take children to the pub, granted I have no kids myself but it would also make it difficult to take someone else's child who I am secretly grooming to be Pocock Mach 2

grievous

Charlie Fox (21)
How could anyone be surprised, they have decades of history with this type of stuff. The WC will be abyssmal

A

Army_Gav

Here's that link for the courier mail poll: POLL

Bombs away, chaps. Gav, have you got on to this?
Posted it on the Army, dropped a comment on their page.

We're preparing several measures including a demonstration at Nine HQ in Melbourne.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Hilarious ::) segment on the League footy show tonight on rugby.

"Each of the two rugby codes here in Australia has their own skill set."

"Playing League, players have to be"

League

Strong and Fit
Agile and Fast
Flexible
Smart-ish
(pause for effect)

Union

Rich Parents​

Fatty Vautin did promote their crapulent programming for Sunday, including mentioning the Australia v Samoa game at 13:45, and the "great man" George Gregan.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
If the powers that be at 9 had any balls, they'd slate Vautin for talking down their investment. I expect nothing to happen.
Then again, the Footy Show still does "poof" jokes.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
It was only a fluke I saw it, turned it on after training and tv was on 9. Surely no one watches that crap who doesn't pray at the altar of the 5th tackle option.

Anyhow, Tombstone has started and I'm looking forward to Val Kilmer taking down Johnny Ringo despite his consumption.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
You would've thought that ch9 learned their lesson after their poor coverage of the FIFA world cup back in 2002...

Something tells me they're going to regret this as well...

They've only just made another sport blunder giving up Wimbledon which channel 7 got great ratings playing most matches on 7two...

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
apparantly nine is going to bump the RWC match to its digital channel GO, show the NRL semi on 9 live then replay the RWC match directly after the NRL game finishes.

fantastic. i love how angry the league media got at this, first of all, the match isnt even confirmed, if an out of state side are hosting it will go to there town, so there is a chance there will be no conflict.

then there is the fact that there going on about week two of the nrl finals that will include two teams tht no one will give a shit about as the best two teams will have the week off.

Elfster

Alex Ross (28)
I don't want to disparage the Daily Telegraph nor its readers, but surely the editorial committee of that paper would be concerned or embarrassed by some of the stuff he wrote on his blog.

"Let’s not get casrried away heer. Rugby isn’t played seriously through Euorpe (bar France and Italty), Asia, the sub-continent or the US. It’s hardly global. "

Not withstanding the actual content, the lack of care in the way it is written is disturbing. Admittedly News Limited is probably distracted by other pressing concerns at the moment, but to allow a senior writer to publish incoherent ramblings is a bit of a worry.

Or, despite the amount of resources used to push Rugby League in an effusively hagiographic manner, League writers are essentially functionally illiterate.

T

TOCC

Mate, the daily telegraph is mungo tabloid.. Just dribble, the anti-union agenda of some of the writers within that paper is quite amazing at times..

Union has the SMH and TheAustralian in NSW, stick to those..

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
Don't ever feel bad for being disparaging with regard to the Daily Telegraph. Horrible, simplistic piece of rubbish...

Status
Not open for further replies.