• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Channel 9 continues the tradition of absymal free to air rugby coverage...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Don't ever feel bad for being disparaging with regard to the Daily Telegraph. Horrible, simplistic piece of rubbish...

Its a Murdoch media outlet. They are either Tea-Party type right wing apologists or written for people with an IQ of 80 (sometimes both). Why would you expect anything else?

A

Army_Gav

Wonder if Ten would of been better custodians of the game?

They were willing to pay more then Nine and also broadcast one Super game a week (feature game).

A

Army_Gav

Nine have indicated that they won't change their decision (see Wide World of Sports facebook page). We're looking at a mass call in, any support for this?

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Nine have indicated that they won't change their decision (see Wide World of Sports facebook page). We're looking at a mass call in, any support for this?

I don't think an quick/aggressive plan of action is the right way to go, I think a long term sustained attack would be best.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I'll call in Gav, post the details.

While I'm happy with the Foxtel coverage, I reckon 9 turning about ship will be good for the game.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
surely the editorial committee of that paper would be concerned or embarrassed by some of the stuff he wrote on his blog.

"Let’s not get casrried away heer. Rugby isn’t played seriously through Euorpe (bar France and Italty), Asia, the sub-continent or the US. It’s hardly global. "
My favourite part of that quote is the writers neglect for England, Wales, Ireland or Scotland being a part of Europe.

Don't ever feel bad for being disparaging with regard to the Daily Telegraph. Horrible, simplistic piece of rubbish...
It's the transcript of Today Tonight.

meatsack

Ward Prentice (10)
My favourite part of that quote is the writers neglect for England, Wales, Ireland or Scotland being a part of Europe.

That's good, but lets also look at other regions he's disparaged, US & Asia

In terms of adult players:
USA has 35,794 rugby players according to the IRB,
Japan has 53,001 also by the IRB count.

Australia, the bastion of Rugby League, has:
51,540 adult league players...

Japan by itself has more adult union players than adult Australian league players, America has nearly 70% of the adult numbers. Yeah I got selective by saying 'Adult' because league is in school programs here, where union isn't over there so kid numbers are a different kettle of fish. Still a very dumb call by the newspaper blogger.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Terrifyingly,

The appropriately monikered Darryl, a rugby league development officer, has visited my daughter's prep class several times this year already. I'll have to inoculate my son before he starts next year. Its a conspiracy that pervades the media and public ed alike, it would seem.

Son's already causing problems at home, he cheers for the waratahs. At age 4.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
What are they showing at the same time in Vic, SA and WA? I would've thought that the Wallabies v Ireland WC game would pull more viewers in those states, if Nine has chosen the NRL semi; the only one that might be tight is Vic if the Storm are in the semi.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
OK, the article said they were running re-runs of The Block.

Seriously? Are Australians still that obsessed with property? Personally, I am waiting for the finale of the block this year, where all the apartments/houses/town houses/dog houses/whatever they are don't sell or lose money. But it's different here... (end rant).

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Personally, I'm not going to even bother with this match.

I've had a long morning at work and don't want to spend my afternoon in a pub. Especially when I have to try and find a pub around my part of town that will show it.

And I'm not staying up late for Channel 9's 10 hour delay.

Fuck that.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Just pitiful from 9. I know many don't have Foxtel, but this is why I haven't watched FTA rugby for years - there is zero respect from the broadcasters, whether it be delaying for the ads, replaying hours and hours later or whatever. Just shitty.

A

Army_Gav

I phoned Nine and told them what I thought as usual, Melbourne reception was closed, so it was re-routing calls to Sydney. She was surprised that Melbourne decided not to show it, and she was also expecting a large amount of calls.

Looked at EBroadcast's TV guide for next Saturday. Check this out:
- Melbourne has "Cat in the Hat" on Nine for FFS. Ten has Essendon vs Carlton
- Sydney has the game live, Essendon vs Carlton delayed to 11ish
(Clearly a swap there)
- Brisbane has the game live on Nine and also Gold Coast vs Collingwood live on Ten So what the f**k is happening here?

darkhorse

Darby Loudon (17)
I can't understand what could rate higher on a saturday at 2.00pm? What are they showing instead?

At the very least can't they show it on 7two. This is f-ing ridiculous.

I with many of the above comments. If a channel wants to buy the rights to show it, then there should be a clause in the contract saying they have to show it. Put it on one of their lesser channels fine, but show it live at least.

I swear it is a massive conspiracy between 9 and news ltd to dampen union and entice viewers across to fox. What's with the fox commentary team on 9? The only difference now is there is no ads on fox and well you have to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.