• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies 2024

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
What's Irae Simone's contract status, and how's his form?

Of the locals, I would have liked to see Carter Gordon have a go at 12 for us, but looks like he's off to the Tahs.

EDIT : of course the Brumbies also have Austin Anderson on the books, so he's likely to be next cab off the rank.
Ollie Sapsford probably going be the next 12. Not all that impressed with it but he does the job, probably the weakest position in Oz

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Ollie Sapsford probably going be the next 12. Not all that impressed with it but he does the job, probably the weakest position in Oz
He is definitely an option, but I have been more impressed with his performances on the wing. Unusually in this country, he is a bigger body and is good in both defence and attack on the wing. I know he's a Kiwi of Aussie parentage, but my reference to him being unusual was in the context of Aussie Super Rugby sides actually selecting a bigger body on the wing. It seems that smaller wingers are more the case in this country.

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
Do you know if Brumbies wear this away jersey in 2001 or 2002? And if you can remember. In which game? I was looking I couldn't find it
Screenshot-20240608-181518-e-Bay.jpg

griffins

Watty Friend (18)
Brums get a lot of flack for their promotional efforts/lack thereof but I wonder what it would take to actually boost the crowd. There were ads for the game during Origin on Wed night, Brums were doing appearances all week plus a lot of headlines in the (admittedly paywalled and laughably shit) Canberra Times. They are playing very good footy (unless the casual Canberra fan is disappointed by their poor scrummaging and less potent maul?). We will have no one to blame but ourselves if they die (though with a Lions windfall next year they may be safe to keep bleeding money for a couple of years).

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Brums get a lot of flack for their promotional efforts/lack thereof but I wonder what it would take to actually boost the crowd. There were ads for the game during Origin on Wed night, Brums were doing appearances all week plus a lot of headlines in the (admittedly paywalled and laughably shit) Canberra Times. They are playing very good footy (unless the casual Canberra fan is disappointed by their poor scrummaging and less potent maul?). We will have no one to blame but ourselves if they die (though with a Lions windfall next year they may be safe to keep bleeding money for a couple of years).
What was the crowd numbers last night, usually the fair side the fields a little empty but had fair few people in it. Obviously that's the less full side the. The dugout side.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
What was the crowd numbers last night, usually the fair side the fields a little empty but had fair few people in it. Obviously that's the less full side the. The dugout side.
8017 was the official number. I agree though, thought there might be more there than that

whitefalcon

Jim Clark (26)
So with Tua, Kaihea, McInerney, Browne, Swain & Kennedy leaving, assuming we want/need to sign players in those positions I wonder if any rebels players are being targeted?

Tua, Swain and Browne are the biggest loses.

Like others I would love to see C.Gordon playing 12 outside Noah, I don't like our chances though.
I think we need to be looking seriously at an experienced LHP considering the age of Slipper and Vella, and Schoup's injuries this year
Leota could be a target for a big body backrower but he would be more of a 6 than Browne's 6.5.
We clearly need to sign a third hooker though.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
So with Tua, Kaihea, McInerney, Browne, Swain & Kennedy leaving, assuming we want/need to sign players in those positions I wonder if any rebels players are being targeted?

Like others I would love to see C.Gordon playing 12 outside Noah, I don't like our chances though.
I think we need to be looking seriously at an experienced LHP considering the age of Slipper and Vella, and Schoup's injuries this year
Leota could be a target for a big body backrower but he would be more of a 6 than Browne's 6.5.

Didn't realise Brown was leaving his been massive last few weeks. Are we seeing Rugby Australia cutting the foreign born player numbers?

I don't think we need a 3rd hooker with Liam Bowron coming through. Pollard and Lonergan.. we need a 12 a backup fullback and a LHP

whitefalcon

Jim Clark (26)
Didn't realise Brown was leaving his been massive last few weeks. Are we seeing Rugby Australia cutting the foreign born player numbers?

I don't think we need a 3rd hooker with Liam Bowron coming through. Pollard and Lonergan.. we need a 12 a backup fullback and a LHP
Yeah I think the first word of it was last night. Its a shame, he's been great.

I must admit I completely forgot about Lonergan

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)

Brown is now Wallaby eligible I believe. Pretty rough if he's now being forced (encouraged) to leave just as he could be considered for national selection.

Agree on the hookers. Barring injury, we are well covered.

Will be interesting to see if and where Declan Meredith fits into the 23 next year. I reckon he's got a lot of upside and further development in him, but has already been JID player of the year playing in the 10 jersey and has filled in quite well on occasions off the bench for the Brumbies. I would think we'll probably also see Angus Staniforth in some role next year.

Linerunner2023

Bill Watson (15)

Any ideas to where they are all heading? Or just not re signed?
other then swain who has signed with the force
Will be a few rebels pickings maybe a front rower or two could help (and slipper and Neville won’t be around forever) so LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) or Leota could work! Tbh not that many decent 12s around atm

whitefalcon

Jim Clark (26)
Any ideas to where they are all heading? Or just not re signed?
other then swain who has signed with the force
Will be a few rebels pickings maybe a front rower or two could help (and slipper and Neville won’t be around forever) so LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) or Leota could work! Tbh not that many decent 12s around atm
If I was to guess, McInerny and Kennedy not re-signed, Tua is supposedly Europe

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Brown is now Wallaby eligible I believe. Pretty rough if he's now being forced (encouraged) to leave just as he could be considered for national selection.

Will be interesting to see if and where Declan Meredith fits into the 23 next year. I reckon he's got a lot of upside and further development in him, but has already been JID player of the year playing in the 10 jersey and has filled in quite well on occasions off the bench for the Brumbies. I would think we'll probably also see Angus Staniforth in some role next year.
I’m pretty sure if he was in Wallabies calculations he wouldn’t be being encouraged (forced) to move on. So I’m assuming he’s not. If he is being considered for national selection, and he’s being forced to move on, I doubt that is anyones decision aside from the Brumbies.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)

Unfortunately Declan Meredith maybe be part of the squeeze, even though you're high on him, fell straight out when Jack D came back.

Will be interesting to see.

whitefalcon

Jim Clark (26)
Unfortunately Declan Meredith maybe be part of the squeeze, even though you're high on him, fell straight out when Jack D came back.

Will be interesting to see.
He also didn't get many minutes when on the bench and IIRC was actually not used once or twice from the bench

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)

Very doubtful Brown would be forced out on the basis of being foreign born with his eligibility either already earned or there by the first test of next year. Much more likely the Brumbies have decided that having all 3 of Reimer, Brown and Scott on the books is more than they need (or can afford) at 7 and Brown being off contract means he's the unlucky one going. Beyond that it may also be that he doesn't see much chance of playing for the Wallabies and so is deciding to take the money overseas.