• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Brumbies 2024

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Do juniors get free tickets to the bowls for the regular season anymore?

I feel like early 2000s there would be 2-5k juniors who would show up each round.

Sure, the brumbies don't make any money off it, but it at least got a crowd in.

As for the quarter, I reckon we'll see 12-15k depending on opponent.
Yep, at least Brumbies, Tahs and Reds give free entry to registered juniors, not sure about the other two teams (and don't think it applies to finals)

Rudderless

Vay Wilson (31)
If the Brumbies are broke - as the press are saying, how much does a home semi-final bring in in terms of rev?
You have revenue coming from...
Tickets
food and bev
corporate hospo
merch
Do they get a $ incentive from Supe for making the finals?

Lets say the revenue looks like this
Ticket Sales 15000 x $20 on average = $300k
Food and Bev - do the Brumbies get a split here
Corporate hosps - You'd think $100k across the various categories
merch would be tiny.

So is $400k in revenue about right? Thats assuming 15k paying customers.
Crashy
This popped up yesterday regarding Brumbies Corporate Hospitality choices next Saturday 8th

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
If the Brumbies are broke - as the press are saying, how much does a home semi-final bring in in terms of rev?
You have revenue coming from...
Tickets
food and bev
corporate hospo
merch
Do they get a $ incentive from Supe for making the finals?

Lets say the revenue looks like this
Ticket Sales 15000 x $20 on average = $300k
Food and Bev - do the Brumbies get a split here
Corporate hosps - You'd think $100k across the various categories
merch would be tiny.

So is $400k in revenue about right? Thats assuming 15k paying customers.
I wouldn't be shocked if total revenue for a home finals game was even less than that.

2022 (most recent) financial report has hospitality as a separate line item to match day operations, so food & bev probably falling into match day. Regardless, averaging about $100k a game for each, though the match day operations line is probably larger in a final than regular season due to members having to buy tickets.

Reactions: mst

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Although the Rebels haven't yet passed into history, there has been quite a bit of speculation about players moving on to other clubs or overseas. Some of them will apparently be very busy next year having been linked to multiple teams. But not a whisper about anyone heading for the Brumbies in 2025. Is this a recognition that none or few at the most would add value to the existing roster or perhaps RA is only interested in bolstering one or two favoured sides?

I think the established stars will already have a home for next year, including LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), Leota and Kellaway. The next rung of developing players, the likes of Kailea, Canham, Ekuasi, Carter Gordon, and Darby Lancaster will add longer term value wherever they go, but most of the rest might find it hard to break into the starting side at the stronger teams so I expect most will head to the Tahs or Force, or look for opportunities overseas.

My thoughts are that any of Kailea, Canham, Ekuasi, Gordon or Lancaster would be good pick-ups for the Brumbies. Kailea to replace Slipper in a couple of years, Canham to replace Darcy Swain, Ekuasi to fill any potential backrow gap if any of Kennedy, Brown, Reimer or Scott move on, Gordon as a potential No12 if Tua isn't renewed, and Lancaster if Andrew Muirhead calls it a day anytime soon.