• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2024

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Do the Raiders get better numbers? Surely being consistent semi-finalists for years would build a decent supporter base a la Storm.

griffins

Watty Friend (18)
Raiders numbers a much better, nearly double a lot of the time...

They've attracted the casual punter with the viking clap schtick

Reactions: mst

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Hosting the semi on a long weekend was always going to be a struggle in term of attendance in Canberra - people leave Canberra EVERY long weekend. Add to that the fact that it's opening weekend in the Snowy Mountains and the NSW Junior State Champs were being held in Dubbo, Coffs Harbour and Sydney - that's quite a few rugby people out of town supporting, coaching or managing Junior Brumby teams.

Personally, I'd like to see more afternoon games but other than the cold, I quite like going to Brumby games. I don't get to as many as I'd like due to my work but I have been to more lately mainly due to all my kids now playing, getting free tickets and wanting to go and hang out with their mates. Works out well, I get to watch rugby with a cold beer while my kids walk around the stadium with their mates LOL

Rudderless

Vay Wilson (31)
Hosting the semi on a long weekend was always going to be a struggle in term of attendance in Canberra - people leave Canberra EVERY long weekend. Add to that the fact that it's opening weekend in the Snowy Mountains and the NSW Junior State Champs were being held in Dubbo, Coffs Harbour and Sydney - that's quite a few rugby people out of town supporting, coaching or managing Junior Brumby teams.

Personally, I'd like to see more afternoon games but other than the cold, I quite like going to Brumby games. I don't get to as many as I'd like due to my work but I have been to more lately mainly due to all my kids now playing, getting free tickets and wanting to go and hang out with their mates. Works out well, I get to watch rugby with a cold beer while my kids walk around the stadium with their mates LOL
Talking about the NSW Junior State Championships, our Under 13 Boys beat the best over the 3 days to win their age group. No mean feat.
Final game was against Warringah beating them 19-5

1718078556405.png

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Its the little things
Atmosphere is so overrated! Raiders fans are also uncouth and unkultruled unlike our privately educated peoples. We prefer the golf clap, quiet music and dislike change. We don't want that entertaining drivel like league as it attracts lots of outsiders. :eek:o_O

I also suggest that Union does not get a horn to blow or its all we will every hear from RA!

Talking about little things, 95% of core supporters asked for the original Brumbies team song to be put back on after the game in place of the "choir version" and it required CEO sign off which took 2+ months. Love a dynamic responsive people focused business!

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Talking about the NSW Junior State Championships, our Under 13 Boys beat the best over the 3 days to win their age group. No mean feat.
Final game was against Warringah beating them 19-5

View attachment 19288
I have family/friends in that team....I was away fo work so I watching my kids games on the live stream and I flicked over to watch a few of your games. Great to watch - well done bro!

mst

Peter Johnson (47)