• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Blues v Brumbies SF Fri June 14 2024

Yoda

Tom Lawton (22)
Brumbies won the last 50 minutes 14 - 10. While they weren't in the game after the initial 30 minutes, they showed enough to suggest it could have been a lot closer had the refereeing been fair and even-handed.
BR. That is a comment only a Brumbies fan could make. They weren’t in the race and the score flattered them. If, like most Brumbies fans suggest that the bulk of the Wallabies will come from them, heaven help us. Joe surely won’t do that. Best Aussie side though and congratulations to them for making the semis, but they just weren’t really in it. The Blues took the pedal off in the second half. Australian rugby needs some big kick ass forwards that unfortunately we don’t have. Valetini best by some way.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Brumbies forwards just but good enough against the blues pack. Blues dominated them in post contact meters. Brumbies backs never really had an opportunity with the pack not being dominant.

It goes to show if the wallabies don't have a big pack who can carry strong the likes of Tommy, tool, can't provide miracles
We may lack the brawn, but we also lack the brains. Look back at the try that was started by Naoh going wide to Muirhead etc. Blues were all so bunched they were standing on each others toes. So instead of going around them we were stupid enough to play the Blues forwards game. We just need to raise our eyeline and look for options instead of getting white line fever.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
Shiggins me old cock, I would be incredibly surprised if any team that you were supporting got a fair go from ref.
Hey but mate it's what we expect so don't disappoint us. ;)
Not sure how anyone could’ve watched that game and thought he was competent. Blues rightfully won but it was a shitty performance from the ref team

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Lol your own countrymen think it was a shit performance by the ref, it's hard enough to win away, but when a ref misses blant knock on 's forward passes, side entries and off sides, you are on a hiding to nothing, and these weren't 50 / 50s they were obvious.. twice the touche called for blues when he was wrong... The ball wasn't out Wright stopped it for a kick... Then the silly bastard missed Toole grubbing straight and off the Blues player where he would have 100 percent given it to them if it wasn't so fucking obvious.

He also gave a warning, had us go for the line call offside were short ... Nothing why warn the captain of the next one's not off..

Well done blues, hope you or the chiefs win the final so Dan can suck eggs insufferable git..
Mate there is no way in the world I saying that it's an Aussie thing. But I repeat I was taught and taught kids I coached etc the refs is the only one who is right.
And I saw the 2 teams make a shit more mistakes than the ref anyway.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
BR. That is a comment only a Brumbies fan could make. They weren’t in the race and the score flattered them. If, like most Brumbies fans suggest that the bulk of the Wallabies will come from them, heaven help us. Joe surely won’t do that. Best Aussie side though and congratulations to them for making the semis, but they just weren’t really in it. The Blues took the pedal off in the second half. Australian rugby needs some big kick ass forwards that unfortunately we don’t have. Valetini best by some way.
No, BR is correct. Brumbies showed that the Blues may not be as formidable as they seem once it becomes a genuine competition. They were looking stressed and the Brumbies playing poorly kept it on par for 50mins.

I would not be convinced if I were a Blues fan. The composure being lost in parts of that second half was an indicator.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Mate, I admit to being old fashioned and being brought up and insisting on all teams I caoched that the ref is sole judge of the laws. And why I would challenge you or anyone to ever show a post from me where I get stuck into ref. But fair enough, some will berate refs , some will just say I guarantee the ref didn't make half as many mistakes as either team did on field. Not saying my way is right or wrong, just what I will always stick with.
Given you never concede any refereeing errors, this is a redundant statement.
These refs are professionals, not guys reffing the local 5th grade. At this level they should be better. And when they have a stinker, it should be called out. Nobody is demanding perfection, that is not possible. But that effort from Doleman tonight was plain awful. Not biased, just bad.

Yoda

Tom Lawton (22)
We may lack the brawn, but we also lack the brains. Look back at the try that was started by Naoh going wide to Muirhead etc. Blues were all so bunched they were standing on each others toes. So instead of going around them we were stupid enough to play the Blues forwards game. We just need to raise our eyeline and look for options instead of getting white line fever.
MST. My thoughts exactly!

Reactions: mst

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Given you never concede any refereeing errors, this is a redundant statement.
These refs are professionals, not guys reffing the local 5th grade. At this level they should be better. And when they have a stinker, it should be called out. Nobody is demanding perfection, that is not possible. But that effort from Doleman tonight was plain awful. Not biased, just bad.
And these players are also professional.
And I was disgusted when Rassie attacked publicly the reffing of Nic Berry, even though Nic made mistakes, same as Henry with Barnes in 07 WC. But that's the difference mate, I don't contenance that stuff, and some think it's ok .
Just a difference how we do things , and that's ok

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
And these players are also professional.
And I was disgusted when Rassie attacked publicly the reffing of Nic Berry, even though Nic made mistakes, same as Henry with Barnes in 07 WC. But that's the difference mate, I don't contenance that stuff, and some think it's ok .
Just a difference how we do things , and that's ok
Yeah and none of the players on the pitch had a worse game then the ref. As stated he wasn't bias he just had an absolute stinker... Players get dropped for a performance like that.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Not most Brumbies fans it's most fans. We need to take the best players from all teams to make a competitive side. Winning teams who lost only 3 times vs a team who won twice, I know which team I'd be pulling more players from. Both the Reds and Brumbies should make up the majority of the Wallabies.. common fucking sense really no?

Reactions: TSR

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Anyone want to have a crack at deciphering Bernie's notes?

Attachments

• GQBHuV4WwAAsxm8.jpeg
    GQBHuV4WwAAsxm8.jpeg
    180.7 KB · Views: 440

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Not most Brumbies fans it's most fans. We need to take the best players from all teams to make a competitive side. Winning teams who lost only 3 times vs a team who won twice, I know which team I'd be pulling more players from. Both the Reds and Brumbies should make up the majority of the Wallabies.. common fucking sense really no?
On face value, I guess so, and I expect those teams to have large representation. Plenty of good ones in both teams, although they double up in a few positions so some good ones will miss out.
But as long as I have been following Aus rugby, it's never that simple.
Schmidt will have ideas about combos and how he wants the team to play, and aside from the Brumbies and Reds the other teams have all had some good players.
Also, looking at how a team went can be flawed. If, say, the Brumbies and Reds lost 8-9 front rowers, would they have finished as well on the table? Probably not. If the Rebels had not played under the shadow of being culled, maybe they might have done better.
There are a few positions for the Wallabies where I can't say with a lot of confidence that there is a standout candidate. That's my biggest concern.

griffins

Watty Friend (18)
No, BR is correct. Brumbies showed that the Blues may not be as formidable as they seem once it becomes a genuine competition. They were looking stressed and the Brumbies playing poorly kept it on par for 50mins.

I would not be convinced if I were a Blues fan. The composure being lost in parts of that second half was an indicator.
Game was only over when Sotutu scored after Wright ripped the ball out of the Blues carriers arms around 60 minutes. Brums had been on sustained attack prior to that where a try could have brought them back within 7. Field position for that came from another bungled set piece too from memory.

Thought AAA actually stood up pretty well, with the loosehead side getting a pummelling. Lonergan and Lolesio actually did pretty well to create some chances given the lack of go forward. Lonergan's kicks were also fine contrary to an earlier post, accurate and contestable.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Bloos did the Stern Vern Route 1 Killdozer biz in the opening 30 then sort of clocked off a wee bit.

Ranga Christie showed why he gets in the AB's.

AJ Lam has to be in with a bolters chance for the AB squad. Has been a revelation at 2nd 5 esp defensively where he is stopping pricks dead and holding them up.
Papali'i failed his HIA. Is that an automatic 12 days out? If so, we're cooked for next week.
2024 Designated Messiah Kaiser Anton into the breach.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Optimistic to expect anything like that from Doleman. You'd see better officiating at 4th division subbies. So inconsistent at getting basic stuff right.
Doleman seemed to span out for stretches of the game and perhaps forgot he was refereeing the rugby football match taking place all around him. Completely understandable when you're in the immediate vicinity of The Auckland Blues rugby football team of course. If I were in his position I would kind of lose my mind too and just jog around quietly admiring the murderous and deadly handiwork of The Greatest Sporting Franchise In The History Of All Civilisation.

drewprint

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Just watched a couple of replay clips then - Wright looked in when he tapped that ball back into play, and it does look like Muirhead was tripped by Plummer when he kicked ahead. Let’s not kid ourselves: the Blues were the better team. But fuck me the Brumbies got the raw end of the deal with decisions. I don’t understand how you can even hope to put up contest against a team like the Blues when you’re up against it like that.

Last edited:

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Commiserations to Tomikin and Brumby Runner and the 3.7 other fans of the s********** ********* ***** f**** ACT Brumbies.

Until we meet again you ***** f**** ****************.

3bf66ee5214cbd361855f0c79c1d7d8611-leo-toast-9.h473.w710.gif