• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Blues v Brumbies SF Fri June 14 2024

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Ge fellas this fixation on me is starting to make me feel important. We got Drew making up stuff etc, Cyclo getting in on act (apparently I said I don't mind if refs makes lots of mistakes??) , it would almost seem too many of you haven't got any rugby to worry about this week ;)
I didn't say you said that @Dan54, your posts on the subject repeatedly infer that.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Well this is super fucking lame
1718615574238.png

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
You guys didn't like the ref - cool. As many have pointed out, the ref isn't the reason the Brumbies lost - not by a long shot.

TBH, my issue is more with the way that @Dan54 is getting treated.

He is pretty consistent in the way that he sees and approaches refs and he even acknowledges that others will disagree. It's just how he sees it and how he has coached young players to view it.

And he gets called an 'insufferable git' and piled on because he doesn't bag the ref?! Because he isn't doing a Rassie - and yes, if you think what Rassie did was 'abuse' the ref then many comments here are the same, if not worse.

I'd much rather read @Dan54 and have his approach than the constant whinging and complaining we see from @Shiggins on just about every game thread. That's fucken insufferable.
That's the old shiggins. No whinging here.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
That's the old shiggins. No whinging here.
C'mon mate we will think someone ha hacked your account. Mate I know that's how you enjoy game etc, why I put laughing emoji when I made comment that got everyone going. Somethings I don't want to change on here, same as Derpus saying he hates super etc, but loves game so much he keeps coming back. I can understand that and just enjoy that the love of the game gets you frustrated. And you and Derpus are always consistent mate so don't change.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Crimes weighs in...

1718673535270.png

The big ACT Brumbies' No.8 flung out both arms, looked at the unmoved referee James Doleman and then turned back to the touch judge. "Did you not see that knock-on," a flummoxed Valetini asked.

Neither of them did, despite it being plainly obvious to everyone else. The television match official remained silent as well. Did somebody say NRL bunker? If they didn't, you can bet they were after what happened next.

To Valetini's bemusement 10 seconds later they all missed another knock-on, which was arguably more obvious than the first.

Take Friday night, for example. The referees missed several crucial calls on top of the knock-ons, and both teams usually have a long list of gripes to look back on.

For the Brumbies, they'll point to Caleb Clarke being offside at a ruck, Corey Toole being held off the ball, a Blues second-rower standing so far on the wrong side of a lineout he might as well have been a Brumby and Tom Wright being ruled to have stepped out, even though he was still in the field of play. No wonder Valetini looked so stunned.