• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Blues v Brumbies SF Fri June 14 2024

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Brumbies won the last 50 minutes 14 - 10. While they weren't in the game after the initial 30 minutes, they showed enough to suggest it could have been a lot closer had the refereeing been fair and even-handed.
Mate. The trip was the worst. The rest of the game they did miss a fair bit of small things but the trip could have turned the game around. He jumped was in the air and threw the leg out. In still perplexed what the TMO and ref look at

Aussie D

Bob Davidson (42)
Brumbies won the last 50 minutes 14 - 10. While they weren't in the game after the initial 30 minutes, they showed enough to suggest it could have been a lot closer had the refereeing been fair and even-handed.
as atrocious as he was, don't think you can blame Doleman for that one. You will struggle to win a game if your set piece is not functioning

zer0

John Thornett (49)
Papali'i failed his HIA. Is that an automatic 12 days out? If so, we're cooked for next week.

Well. He did the post-game interview. So either Dalton is bluffing or (hopefully) Professional Cantabrian TJ was just playing out his fantasies on a live broadcast.

griffins

Billy Sheehan (19)
That could have been a lot worse. Hooper's game day withdrawal really hurt, left Valetini to fight a very lonely battle physically. The call to leave Brown out prob not right either. Left themselves too much to do after a disastrous first 20 but gutsy to front up after that and stop it from being a complete massacre.

Reactions: mst

Linerunner2023

Watty Friend (18)
Another year another brumbies semi final
Getting good at reaching this stage and not being able to get past the semi
Tbh fair enough the nz sides have to play each other twice while the brumbies get the easier side of the draw
None of the Aussie sides seem to have the brutality in the forwards or the real big and athletic outside backs to compete

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
And none of us would be the least surprised that you will accept pretty awful officiating. If you read the posts most acknowledge the Blues are playing better. If you think this is fine from Doleman, I'd hate to see what constitutes poor officiating. Should be better at this level.
Mate, I admit to being old fashioned and being brought up and insisting on all teams I caoched that the ref is sole judge of the laws. And why I would challenge you or anyone to ever show a post from me where I get stuck into ref. But fair enough, some will berate refs , some will just say I guarantee the ref didn't make half as many mistakes as either team did on field. Not saying my way is right or wrong, just what I will always stick with.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
And too Brumbies fans, your team in no way let you down. I honestly think they played well, beaten by a team that went better on night (well first half anyway), The bad luck you had with losing Slipper etc I think hurt a little more. The game was won I thought in first 20, and bugger all in it after that. A dominant scrum certainly counts rightly or wrongly for a hell of a lot in this day and age.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Tbh fair enough the nz sides have to play each other twice while the brumbies get the easier side of the draw
None of the Aussie sides seem to have the brutality in the forwards or the real big and athletic outside backs to compete
Home ground advantage across the ditch is so important..

I think the KFC I was bribed the ref with didn't work.

Dumb fluffybunny thought it was from de cuz's and bro's...

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
All our best athletes are playing other games.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Well. He did the post-game interview. So either Dalton is bluffing or (hopefully) Professional Cantabrian TJ was just playing out his fantasies on a live broadcast.
Well he went off for a HIA and didn't come back on so I thought he had failed it. Funny isn't it, my mate reckons TJ is a one eyed Blues supporter :D

zer0

John Thornett (49)
Home ground advantage across the ditch is so important..

I think the KFC I was bribed the ref with didn't work.

Dumb fluffybunny thought it was from de cuz's and bro's...

You made the classic blunder of ordering from the Ponsonby KFC, which is the nearest to Eden Park. They're always sold out outrageously early on weekends so James Doleman be out here pre-kickoff like:

giphy.gif

stillmissit

Ken Catchpole (46)
NO aggression and no removing space in the D.
Poor attendance at the breakdown and beaten by more aggression from them.
Lineout poor, scrum an embarrassment.
Passing average to poor.
Support non-3xistent.
Apart from these we could have won.
Anybody else here who gets the shits when we play softly for 2/3rds of the game and lift for the last 1/3 to create a heroic failure.

Larkham's halftime statement was exactly what they had to do.
If Wright is the Wallaby 15 then Schmidt needs an eye operation.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Mate, I admit to being old fashioned and being brought up and insisting on all teams I caoched that the ref is sole judge of the laws. And why I would challenge you or anyone to ever show a post from me where I get stuck into ref. But fair enough, some will berate refs , some will just say I guarantee the ref didn't make half as many mistakes as either team did on field. Not saying my way is right or wrong, just what I will always stick with.
Lol your own countrymen think it was a shit performance by the ref, it's hard enough to win away, but when a ref misses blant knock on 's forward passes, side entries and off sides, you are on a hiding to nothing, and these weren't 50 / 50s they were obvious.. twice the touche called for blues when he was wrong... The ball wasn't out Wright stopped it for a kick... Then the silly bastard missed Toole grubbing straight and off the Blues player where he would have 100 percent given it to them if it wasn't so fucking obvious.

He also gave a warning, had us go for the line call offside were short ... Nothing why warn the captain of the next one's not off..

Well done blues, hope you or the chiefs win the final so Dan can suck eggs insufferable git..

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
You made the classic blunder of ordering from the Ponsonby KFC, which is the nearest to Eden Park. They're always sold out outrageously early on weekends so James Doleman be out here pre-kickoff like:

giphy.gif

Fuck I didn't know how this works in NZ ..I know the QLD Bogan laws