• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Blues v Brumbies SF Fri June 14 2024

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Doleman seemed to span out for stretches of the game and perhaps forgot he was refereeing the rugby football match taking place all around him. Completely understandable when you're in the immediate vicinity of The Auckland Blues rugby football team of course. If I were in his position I would kind of lose my mind too and just jog around quietly admiring the murderous and deadly handiwork of The Greatest Sporting Franchise In The History Of All Civilisation.
Tough acronym to sell.
Can I suggest Best Onehunga Outfit Making Footy Awesome Again?
Join the dots...

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
gqbhuv4wwaasxm8-jpeg.19382

Mummy, you've used the wrong fabric softener on my undergarments.
I can almost feel them chafing on my big daddy front bottom.
We've spoken about this before mumsy.
Numerous times.
My favourite brand is called "Tighty Brighty Whities"
It's the one in the light blue bottle.
2 capfuls in a 12.5L washing load.
It's not rocket science, mother.

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
BR. That is a comment only a Brumbies fan could make. They weren’t in the race and the score flattered them. If, like most Brumbies fans suggest that the bulk of the Wallabies will come from them, heaven help us. Joe surely won’t do that. Best Aussie side though and congratulations to them for making the semis, but they just weren’t really in it. The Blues took the pedal off in the second half. Australian rugby needs some big kick ass forwards that unfortunately we don’t have. Valetini best by some way.
Where exactly are bulk of the Wallabies going to come from? The moon?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
On Papali'i, I think he ok ofr next week if he passes 2nd HIA last night or something isn't it. From what it appeared (and he said) he went off after getting a smack in mouth and would of read on mouthguard. Thought it looked like his head whipped up a bit in a ruck just before, nothing untoward or anything just a bang.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
I think it could have been a lot closer if Swain could catch a kick-off. Nightmare of a last game.
That's true D, but not only Swain (he was the worst culprit). Frost also at fault with his misjudgement and YC late in the game. A game where, in the first 30 minutes, Brumbies took the 3 points on offer and immediately gave up 5 or 7.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
The ref was average but they didn't lose the game because of him

His refereeing made it difficult for both sides to gain any rhythm

The game was won by the Blues defense

I hadn't seen a ponies side so often resort to dumb, desperation grubber kicks for a long, long time

Last edited:

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Where exactly are bulk of the Wallabies going to come from? The moon?
I don't think that anyone would dispute a larger proportion of the Wallabies squad should come from the Brumbies & Reds - ball park I'd say 60% from those 2 franchises, 40% from the other 3. The Brumbies clearly boast a lot of talent, no one would argue with that. However, the Waratahs could be forgiven for throwing in the towel half way through the season when they were up to about their 5th string front rowers, but they played some of those last few games with a lot more heart and passion than I have seen from any Waratahs team. I went to a function recently were Joe Schmidt spoke and he made it pretty evident that he places as much emphasis on the latter as he does the former. I'm not suggesting that he'll load up with Tahs players, but the Brumbies could have a lower representation in the match day 23 that what would be expected.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
It's not the be all and end all, but surely it must count somewhat

Since the start of Round 10 at the end of April, the Brumbies have won more Super Rugby games than the other 4 teams combined.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
I don't think that anyone would dispute a larger proportion of the Wallabies squad should come from the Brumbies & Reds - ball park I'd say 60% from those 2 franchises, 40% from the other 3. The Brumbies clearly boast a lot of talent, no one would argue with that. However, the Waratahs could be forgiven for throwing in the towel half way through the season when they were up to about their 5th string front rowers, but they played some of those last few games with a lot more heart and passion than I have seen from any Waratahs team. I went to a function recently were Joe Schmidt spoke and he made it pretty evident that he places as much emphasis on the latter as he does the former. I'm not suggesting that he'll load up with Tahs players, but the Brumbies could have a lower representation in the match day 23 that what would be expected.
And didn't that go just hunky dorey at the RWC?

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
It's not the be all and end all, but surely it must count somewhat

Since the start of Round 10 at the end of April, the Brumbies have won more Super Rugby games than the other 4 teams combined.
It does count Strewth in Australia but when we are getting beaten by Kiwis and away from home against Aussie sides as often as we are, it calls for some upping in the ability to fight for something other than a paycheck.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
And didn't that go just hunky dorey at the RWC?
I'm not sure which part you are referring to, or more specifically which RWC players. Eddie made poor calls, but I don't think they were based on either lack of talent or not enough heart. He clearly wanted the bigger bodies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
And these players are also professional.
And I was disgusted when Rassie attacked publicly the reffing of Nic Berry, even though Nic made mistakes, same as Henry with Barnes in 07 WC. But that's the difference mate, I don't contenance that stuff, and some think it's ok .
Just a difference how we do things , and that's ok
If players have a shocker they get criticised, they might get dropped. Why should refs be above critical assessment? It's a nonsense argument. I'm not talking about coaches abusing officials, or players doing so on the field, like the examples you cited above. If the referee director / assessor looks at that game and says "All good, no problem with any of that", then they're not taking the job seriously.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
The ref was average but they didn't lose the game because of him

His refereeing made it difficult for both sides to gain any rhythm

The game was won by the Blues defense

I hadn't seem a ponies side so often resort to dumb, desperation grubber kicks for a long, long time
I don't think anyone claimed they did.