• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Australia vs British and Irish Lions 2nd Test (Melbourne)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Don't joke. What happens when we see Hooper named at 12 (why else was Smith brought in for a centre?)

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Apparently POC is broken and going home, that is a massive loss, if true

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Apparently POC is broken and going home, that is a massive loss, if true

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Massive loss he was the pack leader for the Lions and was in inspirational form. Parling can run the line out but POCs breakdown work and his ability to inspire those around him will be hugely missed, Cheif Ruck Inspector Warburton will need to be the focal point for the pack and this scares me. This tips the battle of the packs firmly in the Wallabies favor especially as Vunipola will probably now start.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Don't joke. What happens when we see Hooper named at 12 (why else was Smith brought in for a centre?)

Smith is a more complete bench backrow option to me, I don't see this series as an area where the "fetchers" are going to star for turnovers with both sides cleaning out well and placing the ball deep

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
One more thing that the Lions need to do, and it seems to be a NH problem in general, is adapt to Jouberts interpretations quickly. It was clear on Saturday that Pollock was going to be very strict on jackling, the Lions, especially BOD, kept trying to pilfer ball and got pinged two or three times. Hooper knowing what Pollock wanted adjusted his game and didn't give away a penalty.

On a side note too often when we see NH play SH the NH gets pinged off the pitch but the SH sides don't seem to have the same issue. Then we get the predictable rubbish that the referees are biased etc etc. I don't know what the NH sides can do to fix this problem in the short term but its a huge issue that they need to address if we are to see the individual nations challenge for world #1 on a regular basis.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Paul O'Connell ruled out for the rest of the Tour, massive blow for the Lions and the Plastic Paddy's worst fears come true.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Paul O'Connell ruled out for the rest of the Tour, massive blow for the Lions and the Plastic Paddy's worst fears come true.

Huge loss, gutted for Paulie he was just in such good form! Hopefully he can rest up and get back on the paddock early next season. The Lions are going to miss his leadership in the pack most off all, there is going to be a huge void there now. Australia have their leader for this test, the Lions don't have their leader-in-all-but-name, scales in the forwards are tipping more and more towards the Wallabies with Horwill and G Smith available.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Paulie will be missed by the Lions. He's a tough bugger, reminds me of Brad Thorn - struck from iron and with a will to match. Who else can play the enforcer role in the tight?

I'm still confident the Wallabies have got more room to improve than the Lions.

There are still major concerns with the selection at 10. JOC (James O'Connor) highlighted his value a few times once KB (Kurtley Beale) came on at first receiver - he spots holes and hits them at beautiful angles, but he really doesn't create them.

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I would love to see a back line of Genia, KB (Kurtley Beale), Lilo, Folau, JOC (James O'Connor), Diggers and Mogg. Lots of attack, direction and kicking prowess. Won't happen but would be nice to see

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
And to make this day even crazier, Digby Ioane has an arrest warrant out for him from that business when they played the Rebels a few months back.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Shame for him obviously but it could have been a cruciate so at least he will be back playing for Munster at a sensible time next season. But like I say, I feel sorry for Paulie that something about which he cares such a great deal has been taken from him, hopefully he can focus his frustrations on The Heineken cup campaign, the game against NZ in the autumn, next years six nations and ultimately the RWC.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
One more thing that the Lions need to do, and it seems to be a NH problem in general, is adapt to Jouberts interpretations quickly. It was clear on Saturday that Pollock was going to be very strict on jackling, the Lions, especially BOD, kept trying to pilfer ball and got pinged two or three times. Hooper knowing what Pollock wanted adjusted his game and didn't give away a penalty.

On a side note too often when we see NH play SH the NH gets pinged off the pitch but the SH sides don't seem to have the same issue. Then we get the predictable rubbish that the referees are biased etc etc. I don't know what the NH sides can do to fix this problem in the short term but its a huge issue that they need to address if we are to see the individual nations challenge for world #1 on a regular basis.
Gatland takes the ownership of this area of the game away from the players because he spends so much time gobbing off before the game trying to influence the refs and so much time afterwards whinging about the refs. It would be better to leave well alone, let the ref ref and adapt your style accordingly. It is another reason why I hate whining about refs, it becomes a security blanket for the players. However, I have watched the game a couple of times now and am as frustrated as I was during the game that Pollock didn't signal his decisions, it does nothing to inspire confidence and means that people who know the laws and the signals can do nothing to counter the ignoramuses watching the game and in many instances commentating on it!?!

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
And to make this day even crazier, Digby Ioane has an arrest warrant out for him from that business when they played the Rebels a few months back.

Why do these blokes have "managers"? Even the average John Citizen could tell him you must appear in court when summonsed!

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Pat McCabe, Digby Ioane and Berrick Barnes won't be playing in this test.

McCabe and Ioane will miss the rest of the series and Barnes this match at this stage.

McCabe has re-injured his neck and Ioane has damaged his shoulder.

In some better news, Lealiifano and Ashley-Cooper are expected to be OK.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Pat McCabe, Digby Ioane and Berrick Barnes won't be playing in this test.

McCabe and Ioane will miss the rest of the series and Barnes this match at this stage.

McCabe has re-injured his neck and Ioane has damaged his shoulder.

In some better news, Lealiifano and Ashley-Cooper are expected to be OK.

Excited about Cummins playing, only for the potential of another cracking interview, everything else about his selection makes me nervous. He could be a big in for the Wallabies, exactly the kind of bloke you'd want in this game.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Excited about Cummins playing, only for the potential of another cracking interview, everything else about hisselection makes me nervous. He could be a big in for the Wallabies, exactly the kind of bloke you'd want in this game.
Hard luck for those guys mentioned u have to feel for them. I personally feel that it has cornered deans into picking a better more attacking starting backline. Folau to 15, cummins I think offers more then diggers at the moment. Him with oconnor shifted to wing. Kurtley at 5/8 ... Happy days.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I would love to see a back line of Genia, KB (Kurtley Beale), Lilo, Folau, JOC (James O'Connor), Diggers and Mogg. Lots of attack, direction and kicking prowess. Won't happen but would be nice to see
That would be awesome, problem being Deans doesn't have to attacking vision to take advantage of their qualities.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I'm excited for The Badger, he could go vertical on Saturday night. What we've seen from him so far at test level has been quality so I'm not too worried about him being overawed by the occasion. Diggers spent half the game injured on the weekend and hadn't been that effective up until that point either. The possibility of Lilo and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) being fit reassures me a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.