• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Australia v NZ. Bledisloe Cup Series 2024. Sep 21, Sep 28

Australia vs NZ. Bledisloe Cup Series 2024 Sep 21, Sep 28

• not watching this

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • call it off

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • cripple fight

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Soup Rugby shits and giggles 52-44 scenario

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • NZ 2-0

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • 1-1

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Aus 2-0

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • Would somebody PLEASE hold me?

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Mummy! I said hold me!

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • "Mr Cyclo! Stop holding mummy! Mr Cyclo is the bad man, mummy!"

Votes: 10 18.9%

• Total voters

Froggy

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Home now having gone down to the test, all I can say is wtf happened there? First 15 minutes just carried straight on from the 2nd half v the Pumas, just diabolical, 21 nil. Next 55 minutes, while still plenty to work on, probably the best the Wallabies have played for two years. Outscored the AB's 28-10 and four tries to one!
A lot has already been said about the game, but from the stands I thought it was by far Harry Wilson's best game in gold, he seems to thrive on the captaincy, and while I like Tizzano, McReight is a big step up, the guy is class. And I haven't changed my opinion on White, some will disagree but watching live he was rubbish. Full of yap but nothing to back it up.
And final thought, the bench, to a man, added value.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Dru. I don’t understand how Joe seemed to make Jake and Ben scapegoats for last week’s match when they were off the field when all the points piled on. I’d love to see how Donaldson would be playing with 23 starting Tests to his name which is close to what Noah has been given. Nick White just needs to shut the fu.k up … oversteps his carry on. Gordon and Donno are my starting halves, with Tate and Noah off the bench. Australia have played some good footy this year. If we put it all together for an 80 minute performance, we are back baby! Big call I know! The ABs couldn’t play that bad next week. Bombed some tries and no foot on the jugular like their great teams. Did note big blunder by referee in the 67th minute. Slipper in contact short of the line is tackled but tries to place the ball on the ground, which I understand he’s allowed to do? Reece is holding onto the ball preventing him from placing it on the ground. NZ awarded a penalty! That could so easily have been another try to Australia. However, well played NewZealand. I dare say if they'd lost that after leading 21- nil Razor would have had to do a Cougar in Top Gun… turn in his wings! Well done Wallaby boys. Keep improving.
That situation with Slipper and Reece happened almost identically early in the match but the other way round, ie, I think it was Williams who grabbed the ball from an AB on his back. But the penalty on that occasion also went to the ABs. Was to my eyes one of the only bits of inconsistent officiating in the game.

Last edited:

stillmissit

Ken Catchpole (46)
Just watched the game after a month OS and was expecting a hair tearing watch BUT If we can maintain that effort and improve our lineout including competing inc in their 22, then all that's left is the breakdown work which was pretty average. The no look passes and and other minor shit can be cleaned up easily.
We have a bloody good team in the making - that was my summation at first pass.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Id be fine with that tho it is nice to have a game in each country.
It should be two matches so we get the engagement from fans and the money but make it aggregate.
Would be a genuine contest in Wellington with that change. Kind of why I prefer two games to three as the third creates a lot more dead rubbers. Two match aggregate there is technically never a dead rubber and the bled is contested every year. Surely kiwis also want a meaningful contest next week too.
Think most would like a meaningful contest, but not sure that a point aggrgate would ever work in something like this. But worth a think, just I a fan of not buggering around that's why I like 1 game.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I don't necessarily wanna go all @Derpus here.... but I will.

That first quarter was terrible. So many simple mistakes giving the ABs an unassailable lead.

The comeback was nice but to call it a gallant defeat is to ignore the tries the opposition left out there through absolutely unforced errors (flick pass anyone?) gives me serious pause for next week.

Those passes stick and the ABs get beyond 40. Probably 50.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Dick Tooth (41)
Let's just win two matches to reclaim it the current way before switching it to who won the last game. Changing the rules now feels like it would cheapen winning it back.
Might be awhile. Better improve the format soon to make it a competition again.
Do the one off but then what do we do with the second test?
unless RC goes to one match against each (don’t mind that) but then we are three high quality tests shy a year.

stillmissit

Ken Catchpole (46)
I don't necessarily wanna go all @Derpus here.... but I will.

That first quarter was terrible. So many simple mistakes giving the ABs an unassailable lead.

The comeback was nice but to call it a gallant defeat is to ignore the tries the opposition left out there through absolutely unforced errors (flick pass anyone?) gives me serious pause for next week.

Those passes stick and the ABs get beyond 40. Probably 50.
Our passes stick and it's a close game. You are normally more rational than this. We did not get our arses given to us and we put them under pressure in the second half. Another time with this team plus more experience and a better record and we would be saying we could've won it.

I think we are on our way. Not this year but certainly next year.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I think we are on our way. Not this year but certainly next year.

I am pleased with the improvement in discipline and ruck work.

There are some technical things we can work out.

Unfortunately I don't think the ABs are the yardstick against which we should measure ourselves necessarily, as NZ Rugby is on the starting blocks for systems decline (roughly 15 years after us).

stillmissit

Ken Catchpole (46)
Let's just win two matches to reclaim it the current way before switching it to who won the last game. Changing the rules now feels like it would cheapen winning it back.
Let's just leave it alone altogether. You only make changes that can advantage the opposition if you are the consistent winner. Even then I am not in favour of giving a sucker an even break.

stillmissit

Ken Catchpole (46)
Unfortunately I don't think the ABs are the yardstick against which we should measure ourselves necessarily, as NZ Rugby is on the starting blocks for systems decline (roughly 15 years after us).
Please don't - the AB's are 3rd and we are 9th!!!!! They have too many players and history they will not be out of the top 5 in your lifetime. (proviso assuming some daft government doesn't decide to ban it for safety reasons).

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Can someone with a better eye than me explain the improvement in defence? The first 20 minutes had Fisher looking for another job on here but it was barely mentioned thereafter. Did the players adapt to the system, or did we revert to a different system? No doubt the dudes on the Roar will give some insight, but I’m impatient.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Please don't - the AB's are 3rd and we are 9th!!!!! They have too many players and history they will not be out of the top 5 in your lifetime. (proviso assuming some daft government doesn't decide to ban it for safety reasons).

Myes.... yes...

Let me expound upon my point: if that AB side showed up to a game against Ireland, England, or the Bok team they faced in RSA, they would have been pegged to within an inch of their life.

tumblr_omi8n8iV4u1v4a8wfo1_1280.png

stillmissit

Ken Catchpole (46)
I am pleased with the improvement in discipline and ruck work.

There are some technical things we can work out.

Another point Phitzy, Agree re discipline but I thought our ruck work was slow and combined with no-look passes, cost us the game. Our D was much improved and the scrambling D was excellent.
Anyone talking about Koro being over the hill has no idea how much cover work in defence he did(ask Tom Wright), that pass by Bobby V did him no favours either.