• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Australia v NZ. Bledisloe Cup Series 2024. Sep 21, Sep 28

Australia vs NZ. Bledisloe Cup Series 2024 Sep 21, Sep 28

• not watching this

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • call it off

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • cripple fight

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Soup Rugby shits and giggles 52-44 scenario

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • NZ 2-0

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • 1-1

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Aus 2-0

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • Would somebody PLEASE hold me?

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Mummy! I said hold me!

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • "Mr Cyclo! Stop holding mummy! Mr Cyclo is the bad man, mummy!"

Votes: 10 18.9%

• Total voters

dru

David Wilson (68)
I'd replace Frost for definitely

I did say "mostly" and Frost is not a back. Which was my central point. Seriously Derpus, do you think we would have been markedly improved by ditching Koroibete for Pietsch and with Toole on the bench? Or swapping the halves (which by the way I think Gordon and Donaldson have been our recent best).

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I did say "mostly" and Frost is not a back. Which was my central point. Seriously Derpus, do you think we would have been markedly improved by ditching Koroibete for Pietsch and with Toole on the bench? Or swapping the halves (which by the way I think Gordon and Donaldson have been our recent best).
Yeah nah soz I'm in agreement.

Although I am keen to see what Toole can do.

dru

David Wilson (68)
Agree Dru.

Tbings to do from today …

1. get our defensive system working

2. Fix our set peice

3. Practice tip passing to players in our team

This.

Could not give a toss on selection changes, we seem to have our 23 largely together now, and it is close to good enough. I'm not bothered by changes, but it is just not where the focus is required.

Reactions: TSR

Mr Pilfer

Dave Cowper (27)
Frustrating because that game was certainly there to be won, all blacks were not great. With the 2nd test in Wellington we won’t get many better chances to win the bled.

Anyway was expecting this week to be a lot worse so that is one thing. Agree with others, nothing to lose giving toole a crack, Kellaway needs a break. Would also like to see Tom Hooper get a game off the bench

rugbyAU

Dick Tooth (41)
Frustrating because that game was certainly there to be won, all blacks were not great. With the 2nd test in Wellington we won’t get many better chances to win the bled.

Anyway was expecting this week to be a lot worse so that is one thing. Agree with others, nothing to lose giving toole a crack, Kellaway needs a break. Would also like to see Tom Hooper get a game off the bench
McDermott should also start

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Our defensive system is giving space to every opposition out wide. If we can just fix this we will all of a sudden become competitive. We can score points but other sides can score freely against us and always score more, sometimes a lot more.
Is Fischer our defence dude? I think we need something else if he is unable to change up the system for the EOYT.

capalaba

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Rewatched the game, unlike a lot of you I'm actually honest in my assessment. We lost to a team with only 13 players in the last 20 minutes.

Joe's bullshit about belief taking time and how well they played in the last 20 minutes. Truth is he knows they fucked up, if this was club rugby we'll be calling them fucken useless for losing, and the boys with 13 players will be knocking back a few braggjng about the how they won with only 13 on the paddock.

Fucken Italians are better than us according to the rankings.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
All Blacks seem to fall off badly in the tail end of games so the recipe seems pretty simple to me. Pack your bench with impact players and play the most conservative Saffa style negative bullshit in the first 40 then steam home.
Kind of what I been saying Derps, I get impression ABs are playing a style they not fit enough for. They can't run teams off feet for 80 minutes.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Probably already mentioned and wouldn’t matter often but in years when the bled is two games, why is it not aggregate?
Why have more dead rubbers than you need
If it’s a drawn series the holder of the cup retains it, they aren’t actually winning it. But it’s a fair point from a spectator point of view.

wamberal99

Bob Loudon (25)
You've said this a few times now and it's just not accurate.

You do realise that you get to come on after 10 mins when given a yellow card right?

It was 15 v 13 for about 4 minutes from memory....
And cards are given for good reason. The ABs were fortunate that one of the Yellows was not a Red.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
We lost to a team with only 13 players in the last 20 minutes.
No, we lost to a team who had 15 players on in the first 20 minutes.

We beat that team who had 13 players on the field for 4 minutes. Two of which was absorbed in line outs and walking back from a try.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
You've said this a few times now and it's just not accurate.

You do realise that you get to come on after 10 mins when given a yellow card right?

It was 15 v 13 for about 4 minutes from memory....
It was minute 64 when ALB got his card and 71 when Clarke got his. During that 16 minutes we out scored them 14-0. All of that is rendering all of his arguments incorrect. The problem was we had given them too much of a lead from the first 30 minutes.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Phipps throw the shoe. White did he die blonde fluffybunny sent for striking.
gagrshigg.png

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I just watch the replay and yes the Wallabies put in a very respectable effort against a AB team that clearly is unusually inconsistent. Sadly for the Wallabies to improve we need a step up in callibre of player. This is something that the coach cannot fix. There a key weaknesses across the park. We do not have a strike weapon in the backs. This will change when Joseph Sua'ali'i joins the Wallabies. He is a much better union player than a league player. That said our 5/8th needs to be fixed. As a avid watcher of schoolboy rugby, the best number 10 in the last 10 years at schoolboy level was Isaiya Katoa and Wayne Bennet got him before RA even new he existed. In addition we need 6 world class props. We have 2, Bell and Tuopau, but one plays 40 mins and both have struggled with injuries. The Boks can do it. We need to find a way to nurture props and hookers. Our locks and back row are ok. Our 9's are ok to. Ikitau is class, but it would be nice to uncover a quality fullback. (Can we clone a Matt Bourke/Roger Gould?). Next week is going to be ugly. I think all of the Wallaby supporters expect to be spanked next week. How does Joe fix this. Time I suppose. Tonight was a good game but sadly we cannot reproduce it week in week out.
The jury is out on this point as he hasn’t played rugby since the start of year 11, but he certainly seems better equipped for the 15 man code. Kind of like a folau that can kick and tackle. I figure we will find out in November, even if only in that mid week game for now.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
A lot of calls for Nic White to be dropped and over the course of TRC I have also been a constant critic of his play. But after watching and listening to Jeremy Paul on Stan I am more inclined to accept that he is playing a valuable role in Joe's game plan. He certainly limited his kicking on first phase in this game and had the forwards coming around the corner at ruck time. This seems to be a feature missing from the other No 9s in the squad and has the effect of weakening the opposition defence around the ruck area. If this is Joe's intention then I see some merit in playing White. He actually performed that role quite good yesterday.