• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Australia v NZ. Bledisloe Cup Series 2024. Sep 21, Sep 28

Australia vs NZ. Bledisloe Cup Series 2024 Sep 21, Sep 28

• not watching this

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • call it off

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • cripple fight

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Soup Rugby shits and giggles 52-44 scenario

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • NZ 2-0

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • 1-1

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Aus 2-0

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • Would somebody PLEASE hold me?

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Mummy! I said hold me!

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • "Mr Cyclo! Stop holding mummy! Mr Cyclo is the bad man, mummy!"

Votes: 10 18.9%

• Total voters

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Well fuck we lost against 13 players, call it for what it is. Thank you Mrs Fisher.
If you scroll back a few pages you’ll see I’m certainly no Fisher fan. The first 30 minutes we were appalling, no excuses for that. The last 50 minutes we stood up and had a good crack. The #2 team in the world trains for the situation where they are 2 men down and although it seems easy to break their defenses from your armchair, it actually isn’t. Our comeback started well before the first card, and unfortunately we couldn’t capitalize. We still have a way to go, but we are building. You can shout at clouds if you like though.

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
im not ready to give up on AAA yet, reckon he offered more in the loose than Tupou today and I back his scrumming to come back with time. He's still our second best option. Slipper is cooked though.
You’re right he offered more than TT. More of the pickle we’re in than him killing it though.

I guess until other knock them out of the squad it’s not fair to smash them….

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
That AB team is what happens when you completely ignore Soup Rugby form and just pick the contracted "experienced" guys from the year before.

Um, Razor, they're experienced alright, experienced at losing. Scrote Barrett, fuck me, the guy isnt a captains anything. Ardie trying to arm tackle BACKS on his own goalline.

I wonder if Razor is even capable of dishing out the hairdryer treatment to these Senior AllBlacks. He seems too nice. "Yes, more learnings on board today in terms of synergistic learning platforms from a game management learnings perspective"

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Toole was key to the brumbies defence this year in cover - his pace patched a lot of holes around a relatively high missed tackle rate. I do agree it might not work so well at test level though.
That’s kind of what I’m saying, the structure is the issue, not the person, but wingers aren’t selected to flatten centres. Koroibete at his peak was the perfect balance, dangerous in attack and defense. Even Jonah lomu was a ridiculously poor defender.

Reactions: dru

Linerunner2023

Watty Friend (18)
Odd game
Defence optional, and poor handling errors and schoolboy errors from both sides
Razor needs to get his bench firing as they again fell away
A game NZ should have won by 40 but 2 no tries, Mackenzie screwing up another 3 more and 1 held up kept the Aussies in it
nz are no where near where they were last year
Credit to the Aussies for sticking to it and having a crack

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Maddening how NZ's best 2 players were the 2 new kids, Wallace and Ratima. Wally getting his knee strapped then putting his bod on the line under the kosh on his own goalline to secure a TO was revealing of his character. Dikshit Frizzle and Soup Rugby Tuffy Finau can jog the fuck on.

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
That’s kind of what I’m saying, the structure is the issue, not the person, but wingers aren’t selected to flatten centres. Koroibete at his peak was the perfect balance, dangerous in attack and defense. Even Jonah lomu was a ridiculously poor defender.
Absolutely the structure needs to be fixed, whether that's getting the team properly integrated with it or an overhaul, but either way that takes time. That is where Toole's coverage was of benefit to the brumbies - they were transitioning defensive systems this year and it saw them falling off those first up tackle much more often than normal. Having the quickest man on the field out there to mop up gives us a bit more breathing room while we get it right. It's not even about Toole necessarily making the tackles, just getting there to slow the man down or put pressure on him enough to turn a few more of those breaks back into half breaks.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Yeah I thought Kellaway had his best game in a while actually but I'm still keen to see if Toole can bring something. Can't teach pace and all that bullshit.

griffins

Billy Sheehan (19)
He’s not our best attacking 10 and he definitely is not our best tackling 10. Looks as though the coach wants him though.
Thought he was actually pretty good in attack through that comeback but wowwee some shocking moments off the ball, worst of which was refusing to dive on the loose ball behind him

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
Maddening how NZ's best 2 players were the 2 new kids, Wallace and Ratima. Wally getting his knee strapped then putting his bod on the line under the kosh on his own goalline to secure a TO was revealing of his character. Dikshit Frizzle and Soup Rugby Tuffy Finau can jog the fuck on.
ratima was good, had it all over white.

gg to nz, glad I didn't turn off the tv after the 1st 20 minutes. was a close call.

Strewthcobber

Simon Poidevin (60)
Fun game live. There were some very tense kiwis there in the last 10.

Always grating to hear the All Black chant break out, but such is rugby life here

Reactions: dru

drewprint

Alan Cameron (40)
In some fortunate timing, I actually missed the first 20 minutes. Not sure I will go back and watch that part. I never thought we’d win but all I wanted was this team to step up and show me some progression in skill and application. Zero moral victory for us here, I fucking hate losing. But considering where we are coming from, I am happy with that effort for much of the game.

We began to get speed on the ball and from the ruck, and began winning collisions. The real measure of this team is how we respond next week in NZ. We cannot roll over. We can keep building, we can play well, and we are capable of beating good teams again eventually.

rugbyAU

Dick Tooth (41)
Next week I'd like to see:
1 - Bell
2 - Faessler
3 - Tupou
4 - Williams
5 - LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
6 - Valetini
7 - McReight
8 - Wilson
9 - McDermott