• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Australia v NZ. Bledisloe Cup Series 2024. Sep 21, Sep 28

Australia vs NZ. Bledisloe Cup Series 2024 Sep 21, Sep 28

• not watching this

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • call it off

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • cripple fight

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Soup Rugby shits and giggles 52-44 scenario

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • NZ 2-0

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • 1-1

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Aus 2-0

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • Would somebody PLEASE hold me?

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Mummy! I said hold me!

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • "Mr Cyclo! Stop holding mummy! Mr Cyclo is the bad man, mummy!"

Votes: 10 18.9%

• Total voters

Strewthcobber

Simon Poidevin (60)
A bright light is Williams. This guy can play. If we can actually keep ahold of a lock for more than a few years he’ll be great.
Needs to work on his sheepish look after jumping to catch the first kickoff and immediately stepping out.

Coach killer #1 of the night, 4 seconds in

capalaba

Jimmy Flynn (14)
You've said this a few times now and it's just not accurate.

You do realise that you get to come on after 10 mins when given a yellow card right?

It was 15 v 13 for about 4 minutes from memory....
What is accurate is that we should have beaten a team that had two yellow cards fairly close to each other.

We didn't capatalise, we looked flat, and we lacked any charisma. Yes it was a close final score but if anyone is feeling confident with that then you can take a seat next to Ray Charles.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Dick Tooth (41)
Kind of what I been saying Derps, I get impression ABs are playing a style they not fit enough for. They can't run teams off feet for 80 minutes.
This is where os selections would help I suppose.
If it’s a drawn series the holder of the cup retains it, they aren’t actually winning it. But it’s a fair point from a spectator point of view.
I get that. It’s kind of dumb tho. It makes it almost like ranfurly thing. You hold it till you lose it. It should be a new competition each year and there is a definitive winner each year no matter what.
Either three matches or home and away aggregate.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
You've said this a few times now and it's just not accurate.

You do realise that you get to come on after 10 mins when given a yellow card right?

It was 15 v 13 for about 4 minutes from memory....
It's because his an emotional retard who just spews the same bullshit, whole kicking the dog and spilling his corn flakes this morning.. hiding the fact he can't control his angry behind supposedly being honests.. man child basically.

Last edited:

young gun

Fred Wood (13)
Rewatched the game, unlike a lot of you I'm actually honest in my assessment. We lost to a team with only 13 players in the last 20 minutes.

Joe's bullshit about belief taking time and how well they played in the last 20 minutes. Truth is he knows they fucked up, if this was club rugby we'll be calling them fucken useless for losing, and the boys with 13 players will be knocking back a few braggjng about the how they won with only 13 on the paddock.

Fucken Italians are better than us according to the rankings.

Wasn't it 13 only for a few minutes and we scored anway? I can't remember clearly as I was screaming at the television.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
Probably already mentioned and wouldn’t matter often but in years when the bled is two games, why is it not aggregate?
Why have more dead rubbers than you need

I've thought this forever. Such a no brainer. 2 game series decided by aggregate is arguably the most fair way to decide the Cup too, with 1 home game each. There'd be so much more casual interest in the game next weekend if we were talking about the Wallabies having to overturn a 3 point deficit.

Either that or a 1-1 score leads to an extra time decider.

Yoda

Alex Ross (28)
Completely agree on Toole. And fwiw I rate Donaldson and Gordon as our best performing halves.

It just would have made diddlesquat difference tonight. imo.
Dru. I don’t understand how Joe seemed to make Jake and Ben scapegoats for last week’s match when they were off the field when all the points piled on. I’d love to see how Donaldson would be playing with 23 starting Tests to his name which is close to what Noah has been given. Nick White just needs to shut the fu.k up … oversteps his carry on. Gordon and Donno are my starting halves, with Tate and Noah off the bench. Australia have played some good footy this year. If we put it all together for an 80 minute performance, we are back baby! Big call I know! The ABs couldn’t play that bad next week. Bombed some tries and no foot on the jugular like their great teams. Did note big blunder by referee in the 67th minute. Slipper in contact short of the line is tackled but tries to place the ball on the ground, which I understand he’s allowed to do? Reece is holding onto the ball preventing him from placing it on the ground. NZ awarded a penalty! That could so easily have been another try to Australia. However, well played NewZealand. I dare say if they'd lost that after leading 21- nil Razor would have had to do a Cougar in Top Gun… turn in his wings! Well done Wallaby boys. Keep improving.

Reactions: dru

Yoda

Alex Ross (28)
I've thought this forever. Such a no brainer. 2 game series decided by aggregate is arguably the most fair way to decide the Cup too, with 1 home game each. There'd be so much more casual interest in the game next weekend if we were talking about the Wallabies having to overturn a 3 point deficit.

Either that or a 1-1 score leads to an extra time decider.
Agree with that definitely..

Strewthcobber

Simon Poidevin (60)
Dru. I don’t understand how Joe seemed to make Jake and Ben scapegoats for last week’s match when they were off the field when all the points piled on.
The reporting was Gordon (and possibly Donaldson) weren't selected because of illness after the trip home from Argentina. Not dropped.

Reactions: dru

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
This is where os selections would help I suppose.

I get that. It’s kind of dumb tho. It makes it almost like ranfurly thing. You hold it till you lose it. It should be a new competition each year and there is a definitive winner each year no matter what.
Either three matches or home and away aggregate.
I am a fan of one game a year. Winner takes it!

griffins

Billy Sheehan (19)
I've been a bit of a critic of Harry Wilson in the past but I think he played his best game I've seen yesterday.

Looks like he has lost a bit of weight, but improved his workrate. Multiple times he carried in the same phase of play. Got over the A-line.

Topped the tackle count too
Gave away some crucial penalties and cheap turnovers. Balanced by what you mentioned and an important strip on our own line.

Also not big at him blowing up at guys around him when things go wrong, which Ive noticed at the reds as well. Worst one yesterday was him spraying Noah for not collecting his offload which led to the disallowed try to NZ - it was a shit l/low percentage pass. Theres definitely a time and a place for a spray as captain but straight after youve made an error isnt it.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Dick Tooth (41)
I am a fan of one game a year. Winner takes it!
Id be fine with that tho it is nice to have a game in each country.
It should be two matches so we get the engagement from fans and the money but make it aggregate.
Would be a genuine contest in Wellington with that change. Kind of why I prefer two games to three as the third creates a lot more dead rubbers. Two match aggregate there is technically never a dead rubber and the bled is contested every year. Surely kiwis also want a meaningful contest next week too.

capalaba

Jimmy Flynn (14)
TBF, judging by that bloke's posts, I'd say he wears velcro sneakers as he doesn't know how shoe laces work. Can hardly expect him to understand the nuanced game of rugby!
You're an idiot mate, if you are happy with losing like that then your participayion trophy is in the mail. Shit Aussie fans have definitely dropped their standards

Mr Pilfer

Dave Cowper (27)
Id be fine with that tho it is nice to have a game in each country.
It should be two matches so we get the engagement from fans and the money but make it aggregate.
Would be a genuine contest in Wellington with that change. Kind of why I prefer two games to three as the third creates a lot more dead rubbers. Two match aggregate there is technically never a dead rubber and the bled is contested every year. Surely kiwis also want a meaningful contest next week too.
Great idea, might make us sound like sore losers pushing for this now but it makes perfect sense, if the wallabies could win by 4 this week to take the bledisloe it would have a much bigger build up and more interest

Yoda

Alex Ross (28)
Great idea, might make us sound like sore losers pushing for this now but it makes perfect sense, if the wallabies could win by 4 this week to take the bledisloe it would have a much bigger build up and more interest
100%. Always was a three game series. Only relatively recently become a two gamer. Any Kiwis on here disagree that a two series aggregate is a fairer contest and then there are no dead rubbers?