• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Argentina v Australia TRC Round 4 Sunday 8 September 5am (AEST)

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
I’m obviously biased but I think he’s brilliant. Still needs work on his hands though. Part of a really good crop of young Victorians who have mostly been retained since the Rebels’ demise. I also think he’s another member of Harlequins?

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
We’re missing two Brumbies starters and one Reds starter through injury. With them back there would only be Gordon from the Tahs/Force.

Adam84

Rod McCall (65)
But… Blyth?
This bemuses me.. Swain has received a yellow/red card 9 times in his career, 6 of those since 2021, including 2 at test level and that ‘famous’ red card against England. Blyth has received one card his entire career.

Even taking into account that Swain has played more tests then Blyth, doesn’t make these two comparable.

Swain is a liability with his behaviour, statistically he has received a card in 10% of the matches he has played. Ironically 2024 is the first season he hasn’t received a card in years so perhaps he has finally received the message and changing his behaviour.

Last edited:

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
I think he more meant that Blyth is so inferior that you’d still take a card magnet like Swain over him.

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)
Will be interesting to see where Flook goes if he gets on. I wouldn't be taking Ikitau off in the form he's in unless its an absolute blow out which isn't likely.

The direct running approach seemed to work much better last game than us trying to shift the ball wide. I wonder if Schmidt potentially going to shift Ikitau to 12 late in the game and play with two ball runners in the centres.

Either that or Flook comes onto a wing.

griffins

Billy Sheehan (19)
Expecting a big emotional reaction from the Pumas this week who will rightly be disappointed in last week's result. Dry track may also play more into their hands than ours given the speed and evasion they have out wide. Hopefully we can build some set piece dominance and give Donaldson the chance to play on the front foot.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
But… Blyth?
Joe has previously called out specifically why he opted for Blyth

"And he's 2.05m (tall) but he can play really low to the ground. And a lot of big men struggle to play low to the ground.

"And just with the game the way it is, defensively, particularly in the tackle, just having a guy of his size who can get down and chop nice and low. And be nice and big in the moments we need him to be at lineout time.

"And then be able to get that clean out nice and low. And get that tackle nice and low."

Canham has shown similar traits and I would hazard a guess that, now Canham has had a couple of weeks with the squad he's given a chance to see if he's at higher on the pecking order.

whitefalcon

Alex Ross (28)
I really would have liked to see Toole get a run against the Argies. Im not sure that a Debut against the ABs is a good idea for him due to his size.

That being said there is no doubt a reason he isn't being picked.

Tomthumb

Desmond Connor (43)
I really would have liked to see Toole get a run against the Argies. Im not sure that a Debut against the ABs is a good idea for him due to his size.

That being said there is no doubt a reason he isn't being picked.
He's probably regarded as too small, and with giant wingers like Cheslin Kolbe and Kurt-Lee Arense playing I can understand why