• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Argentina v Australia TRC Round 4 Sunday 8 September 5am (AEST)

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)

It was like 28-26 degrees when they were playing. Considering the team was in Brisbane for the SA game and that all Australian super teams have pre-season in summer, I don't think this tempreture had an impact on decision making.

As long as they were getting enough water and good glycogen replacements, they would have been fine.

If you're concerned about the decision making being made after 30+ minutes then your touching on a fitness issue rather than a tempreture issue. The less fatigue you have, the quicker and better snap decisions you're able to make.

Given the recent history by coaches like Chieka and Rennie coming out and saying our players aren't fit enough, it is probably the more logical reason.
Used to be we would be the team that would kill for a warm dry track.

stillmissit

Ken Catchpole (46)

It was like 28-26 degrees when they were playing. Considering the team was in Brisbane for the SA game and that all Australian super teams have pre-season in summer, I don't think this tempreture had an impact on decision making.

As long as they were getting enough water and good glycogen replacements, they would have been fine.

If you're concerned about the decision making being made after 30+ minutes then your touching on a fitness issue rather than a tempreture issue. The less fatigue you have, the quicker and better snap decisions you're able to make.

Given the recent history by coaches like Chieka and Rennie coming out and saying our players aren't fit enough, it is probably the more logical reason.
Christ! I've been banging this drum for the last 10 years at least and had a bunch of people saying it wasn't fitness it was skills and training regime - fuck me when most teams tier 1 roll us in the last 15 mins the one thing you can fix is fitness. All players should be aerobically trained enough to play 80 mins regardless of how long they are on the field.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Most of them are fit. Bell is a couple of games back and needs to be managed. TT is not fit enough…no doubt.
We really missed LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) to continue the physicality but our defence was horrible. We need a new defence coach and modern system.

stillmissit

Ken Catchpole (46)
Most of them are fit. Bell is a couple of games back and needs to be managed. TT is not fit enough…no doubt.
We really missed LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) to continue the physicality but our defence was horrible. We need a new defence coach and modern system.
When I was coaching we got Les Kiss visit one training night, to improve our tackling technique. He said 80% of tackling is mental and the other 20% is technique. In one session, he improved half the team's ability and the others fell into the mental category.