• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Argentina v Australia TRC Round 4 Sunday 8 September 5am (AEST)

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
I've never made a secret that imo both Stewart and Tizzano will not make the grade at test level. Well, they both threw that opinion back in my face last week, especially Tizzano who had another massive defensive game and was strong over the ball when opportunities presented. He just needs to bring a bit more to the attack, even if it's just the linking game that McReight plays so well. Fraser will own the spot again when fit, but Tizzano is a promising backup. Hamish Stewart was dependable and that is saying a lot in a debut game. I don't know if he's a long term answer at 12, but I am bloody convinced he offers more that Paisami.

Other than that, I have been banging on all Super season and through the tests this year about how far below form Andrew Kellaway has been playing. Mostly I was a voice in the wilderness, but after the last couple of tests, there is a growing chorus singing the same song. I am therefore very nervous about how he'll perform in the 15 spot. I suspect he will be caught out of position if there're any linebreaks by the Pumas through the backs, and I am expecting a few too many missed tackles or ineffective tackles when he's man on man. I hope I'm wrong, but I think our best chance of stopping the Pumas' attack will be for the rest of the team to make sure there are no linebreaks to test AK (Andrew Kellaway) out.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
As 8pm says, speed is complex. I doubt they are putting them in a foot race over any distance. It would be more things like falling on a ball, getting back on feet, and getting to a marker at a certain distance, with some necessary rule adherences thrown in, etc

rugbyAU

Dick Tooth (41)
After last week, this is exactly the type of game that a typical wallabies side of the past would always lose and be unable to back up and if we win it would be the best back to back wins for us in about three years (when we last beat Argentina back to back) lets hope they flip the script

stillmissit

Ken Catchpole (46)
I've never made a secret that imo both Stewart and Tizzano will not make the grade at test level. Well, they both threw that opinion back in my face last week, especially Tizzano who had another massive defensive game and was strong over the ball when opportunities presented. He just needs to bring a bit more to the attack, even if it's just the linking game that McReight plays so well. Fraser will own the spot again when fit, but Tizzano is a promising backup. Hamish Stewart was dependable and that is saying a lot in a debut game. I don't know if he's a long term answer at 12, but I am bloody convinced he offers more that Paisami.

Other than that, I have been banging on all Super season and through the tests this year about how far below form Andrew Kellaway has been playing. Mostly I was a voice in the wilderness, but after the last couple of tests, there is a growing chorus singing the same song. I am therefore very nervous about how he'll perform in the 15 spot. I suspect he will be caught out of position if there're any linebreaks by the Pumas through the backs, and I am expecting a few too many missed tackles or ineffective tackles when he's man on man. I hope I'm wrong, but I think our best chance of stopping the Pumas' attack will be for the rest of the team to make sure there are no linebreaks to test AK (Andrew Kellaway) (Andrew Kellaway) out.
Totally agree with your first paragraph and hoping you are wrong in the second one....

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Kellaway is a good footballer who invariably takes the right option. He may not have the electric skills of Wright but he has a good turn of pace and a nose for the chalk. Hopefully having more involvement for him today will spur him on to a better performance. He has not been bad this year in tests just not as involved.