• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Argentina v Australia TRC Round 4 Sunday 8 September 5am (AEST)

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Toole's key strength is his speed, there was an aside in one article when Jorgo was first picked on the bench that he was the "quickest" in the squad (with Toole in the squad)

I haven't seen it repeated anywhere, so I don't know if it was correct, but it may explain current decisions

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
He's probably regarded as too small, and with giant wingers like Cheslin Kolbe and Kurt-Lee Arense playing I can understand why
More likely that Jorgensen comes in as the second “fullback” in the back 3, as Kellaway was. Toole is in competition with MK for the other wing. Flook also covers several spots so gets the nod on the bench.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Kellaway has been 13 cover as well in previous tests, but with wright out Flook covering 12/13 & wing makes sense

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
the fact toole is still not starting is beyond a joke. levels ahead of jorgenson. at least Toole has experience playing high pressure international games in sevens. the speed is next level. Aussies most potent thing at super rugby was Toole with Tommy and we can't see it. why

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
donalson. yes he can offer more in attack and has a lot more pace but the game plan doesn't seem to allow it. he will make some stupid errors. kick penalties not out etc. I'm very surprised to see this. I rate the bloke but we needed to play him from the start of the season. is this purely to give Noah a 2 week break before Abz?

scrans21

Ward Prentice (10)
I honestly think this back three is more balanced than Wright at 15 and Kellaway at 14. A bit more pace outwide and Kellaway IMO is a better fullback than he is a winger. If it goes well then potentially I think we could see either Wright or Kellaway shift to 23 moving forward, with Koroibete on one wing and someone like Jorgensen or one of our other wingers on the other side.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Toole's key strength is his speed, there was an aside in one article when Jorgo was first picked on the bench that he was the "quickest" in the squad...
I've read that, but we all have eyes... Jorgo's not quicker then Toole.. Or at least doesn't have the acceleration. Which isn't a knock, no one does.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Toole is an out and out winger in competition with MK for the other wing. I am sure that we will see him soon.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Yeah,one guy being talked about as being one of the fastest guy in super rugby ever. The other a comment saying he was the quickest guy at training today.

No I haven't watched them train but I have watched Corey Toole smoke every one his played against for pure speed. There's many reasons Jorgensen gets picked over Toole for football reasons, being faster / pace isnt one of them.

Your disagreeing for disagreeing sake, when it obvious that Toole's faster.

Yoda

Alex Ross (28)
No. It was a fair question. At training they obviously have sprint sessions. Maybe Jorgo beats Toole? That’s why I asked have you been at training to witness this?

sundayeightpm

Herbert Moran (7)
Speed is a complex thing...trust me. General consensus (and data) will show that Corey is rapid over 40m (the quickest in Aus Rugby from all reports) and Jorgo is quicker over the 100m. The NFL and many codes around the world use the 40m sprint times as a benchmark. In Aus, and moreso, Rugby Union tend to not apply these tests and measures too strictly. However, depending on conditions and the opposition, the 40m guy v the 100m guy might present different options.