• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Argentina v Australia TRC Round 4 Sunday 8 September 5am (AEST)

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Pietsch is an interesting one because although he plays almost exclusively as winger he has experience in the centres and also the back row. Hence why mad Eddie had him as a 'utility' in his early squads.

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
I don’t think Swain has been in the squad at any stage.

Not sure what the issue is but Schmidt doesn’t appear to rate him. Or thinks he has a serious flaw.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I think the scenario was a bit different too in that Joe wanted to get a look at Pietsch, not that he got much of a look at him, and he could risk having to use him in the centres v Wales or Georgia, also Daugunu or Kellaway could shift in if necessary. Although if he wants to get a look at Toole as well, this week is probably the time to do it. Anyways, we will know soon, I don't have any specific aversion to him being on the bench, I just think it's unlikely.

rugbyAU

Dick Tooth (41)
Pietsch is an interesting one because although he plays almost exclusively as winger he has experience in the centres and also the back row. Hence why mad Eddie had him as a 'utility' in his early squads.
That was a stupid choice from Eddie

stillmissit

Ken Catchpole (46)
Is there any merit in resting more players with an eye to NZ? We are not going to win the rugby championship but we could sneak the bledisloe. Extremely unlikely I know but we have a favourable draw playing them at home first and then away in Wellington.

There is a week off in between the games so if anymore HIAs they should still still be clear to play but wouldn’t hurt to give Valetini a rest for example and start Gleeson or Hooper etc
NO! Let's look to another poss win before we jump ahead of ourselves.

Reactions: TSR

stillmissit

Ken Catchpole (46)
I don’t know what you are seeing with Wright but to me he has been solidifying his spot at 15 every test. He is stepping in at first receiver and creating as well as being defensively sound. Wouldn’t make any sense to replace him at this point?
I reluctantly and fully agree with you. Who'd a thunk it..certainly not me..

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
Yeh i feel the same about swain.. really good prospect that was kind of discarded a few years back after getting red carded against england. Seems to have the ingredients of a test lock - big and abrasive. Seems to have taken a step back since he left the squad..i might be wrong but i thought he was playing off the bench for the brumbies this year...thats not a great sign. Really hoping schmidt and his coaching team see the potential he has and he can really step up in 2025. Going to the force will definitely help him show his worth

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
Yeh i feel the same about swain.. really good prospect that was kind of discarded a few years back after getting red carded against england. Seems to have the ingredients of a test lock - big and abrasive. Seems to have taken a step back since he left the squad..i might be wrong but i thought he was playing off the bench for the brumbies this year...thats not a great sign. Really hoping schmidt and his coaching team see the potential he has and he can really step up in 2025. Going to the force will definitely help him show his worth
Pretty sure he started most games for the Brumbies and captained them a few times. I thought he was one of the best Australian locks this year.

But Schmidt may have slightly more idea as to what it takes to be a good test lock than I do.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Maybe Canham will leapfrog Blyth in the order and end up on the bench? Williams is solid and gets through a lot of work. Canham almost has the size of Blyth(which JS seems to be besotted with) but is much more productive around the paddock.
Sadly Swain is missing out for his past indiscretions you would think? He needs to clean up his act in next years Super Rugby to prove his worth.

stillmissit

Ken Catchpole (46)
Or some twit has been in his ear about his aggression and the risk of another red card. He and Swinton were pretty much discarded after being carded (excuse the connection) when we needed a bit of aggression in our pack.
This is not tiddly winks to quote someone - forgotten who...

stillmissit

Ken Catchpole (46)
Joe, I thought he overcompensated and played like a pussy. Similar with Swinton although he did show some of it this year. It's a frontal lobe thing and a classic baby and bathwater solution to an issue. It's bloody stupid when we are losing more than 50% of games by being 2nd in forward domination.

stillmissit

Ken Catchpole (46)
True, but he hasn't eliminated the niggle. Super showed that. Joe values discipline, I get the thinking.
So what! try playing against South Africans and Kiwis and see how much niggle you have to put up with to keep your nose squeaky clean. Some of you guys think this is a game played clean and fair - it ain't, it never was nor will be. It's a substitute war with only one winner but all mates at the end of the game. That's one of the things that makes it so great to play.

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
IMG_4131.jpeg

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
The Pumas starting XV:

1 Gallo
2 Montoya (c)
3 Sclavi
4 Petti
5 Lavanini
6 Matera