• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Argentina v Australia TRC Round 4 Sunday 8 September 5am (AEST)

House is on Fire

Frank Nicholson (4)
I'd like to see BPA given a run. He's been brought in to the squad for a reason and if he's picked this week it means he's been doing the right things at training. I'd love to see how he goes.

Regarding Kellaway - I'm a fan of his so I'm probably not impartial. If any of the outside backs are dropped for Toole (who's awesome) I'd be inclined to drop Wright, shift Kellaway to 15 and stick Wright in the 23 jersey. I think Kellaway does the fundamentals better at 15, and while Weight had been pretty good to his credit and is super exciting with ball in hand, but hasn't really had big impacts after the first Wales game. Kellaway might not have the same kind of explosivity but he makes great decisions, always seems to end up with a better result than you'd expect, and is really effective with both running and passing game. And while Jorgensen has looked good when he's getting on the field late, in a straight pick between him and Wright for an impact sub spot you'd pick Wright every time.

I'm also a Noah believer, I think he's played ok this year (with a few mistakes which need to stop). He's a 'systems' player and Joe is a 'systems' coach, the systems aren't quite there yet but he's the best at executing what the coach wants. Look at how Ireland played with Schmidt as coach and it's all about maintaining shape phase after phase, offering multiple options (all of which are safe and can lead to clean ball), and the 10 needs to be organised quickly and hit the right targets repeatedly. Obviously Ireland had Sexton playing this role who was a much better player than Noah and offers a lot more than the basics, but I think Noah is doing pretty well all things considered. If the structures and patterns and phases come together so that overloads or other opportunities present themselves then Noah is quite capable of getting the ball to the right spot, as he does with the Brumbies. But he's not going to open the game up off his own bat, and we shouldn't expect that of him.

No other changes (apart from Slipper).

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
I believe in rewarding incumbents if performance is good, Nasser and Faessler have earnt that. I'd also look at Flook as an alternative for either 14 or 23 if a change is being made.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I don’t know what you are seeing with Wright but to me he has been solidifying his spot at 15 every test. He is stepping in at first receiver and creating as well as being defensively sound. Wouldn’t make any sense to replace him at this point?
I would like to see Toole get a run but that would most likely be at the expense of Jorgensen.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Don't know why we're talking in the other thread. Locks looking a bit skinny now with Salakai-Loto out. Who replaces Williams on the bench?

I also imagine Toole comes onto the bench for Jorgensen?

rugbyAU

Dick Tooth (41)
It will be either Peitsch or Toole, hopefully the latter

Hooper or Blyth probably comes in

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Ouch. Tom Wright and LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) are both big losses. Noah too.
Donaldson gets his chance and being that Stewart is already there hopefully they will click. Hopefully we get Canham on the bench?

Yoda

Alex Ross (28)
I think Kellaway is better at the back personally and they won’t lose anything with Jorgo and Donaldson. I guess Williams comes into the starting side?

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
Gonzalo Tiesi, former Pumas player, London Irish, Harlequins and Stade Francais and now sport journalist said this about the Wallabies:

"In the first half, Australia made a 27-phase movement, with players running different lines, dynamically, in difficult weather conditions. We had an opponent who is evolving and I think they will be a surprise in a short time".

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
So according some reports the starting XV would be something like this:

1 Bell
2 Faessler
3 Tupou
4 Frost
5 Williams
6 Valetini
7 Tizzano
8 Wilson
9 Gordon
10 Donaldson
11 Koroibete
12 Stewart
13 Ikitau
14 Jorgensen
15 Kellaway

????

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I'd say Toole either starts or he's in the stands - nothing against him but when do we ever put an out and out winger on the bench?

notdeadyet

Frank Nicholson (4)
i am getting rather bored with most posts on outside backs
let us please discuss the forwards from time to time
ex-bloody awful hooker and for one game tight-head (came out after my first scrum i'm sure a good few inches shorter )