• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Argentina v Australia TRC Round 4 Sunday 8 September 5am (AEST)

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Jeez it must be a good week when the only bloke we can put in the gun is our winger, and only because he 'didn't do much' in driving rain.

Breathe it in because that might be as close to true happiness that we can all get.

But in all honestly if I'm Joe I'm picking an unchanged lineup and I'm doing it with a smile.

I largely agree, and wouldn't be surprised if Schmidt doesn't make any unforced changes to build on the momentum of the win...

But in Kellaway's case, he's been fairly MIA over the course of six tests so I'm not sure if the weather was that much of a factor on his form which seems to have carried over from SRP (Super Rugby Pacific).

It could be an opportunity to give Jorgensen a start, and with the conditions predicted to be pretty good we could test out Toole off the bench before the Bledisloe.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I don't know, Kellaway has a lot of runs on the board for mine. Not sure I'm disposing of him yet even though he's been a bit quiet.

Linerunner2023

Watty Friend (18)
Kellaway was a better option in the conditions the last 2 games
Toole would not have got a chance in the wind and rain
And jorgo on the bench as he covers centre, wing and fullback
Toole should get his chance soon
Apparently he is sick so won’t be considered this week anyway
Seems like it may be ABs where he may get his chance

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Toole is a gun. If not for the olympics surely he would have been in the first squad and may well have cemented his spot by now. I’m surprised he was not given the nod ahead of Jorgo.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Kellaway also had a quiet super season IMO. Give Jorgs or Toole a crack.
I disagree, Kellaway just continually makes good decisions in defence, support and attack. This isn't Super Rugby, the Wobs need units who minimise errors and work hard

We are playing tight trying to keep it near the pigs to limit turnovers

It isn't likely this lot will be running sweeping backline moves and running in 50m tries with pacey wingers running around opposing backlines.

Henry

Bill Watson (15)
We need a larger 'point of difference' on the wing. Toole stands out with his speed.

Kellaway, for whatever reason, isn't currently at his best.

Our wingers need to demand the ball, regardless of conditions. Would Mitchell, Ioane, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) or even Nawaqanitawase be content to park themselves on edge, waiting for an opportunity?

MK, while enthusiastic, has been quiet. Wright, although playing more consistently than usual, doesn't have the ceiling the Toole may have. Get Toole out there as soon as he's fit, via the bench.

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
I disagree, Kellaway just continually makes good decisions in defence, support and attack. This isn't Super Rugby, the Wobs need units who minimise errors and work hard

It isn't likely this lot will be running sweeping backline moves and running in 50m tries with pacey wingers running around opposing backlines.
I agree in the past - but I don’t think that describes him this year.

Certainly in Super Rugby he was making heaps of errors. I’ll admit I haven’t noticed it as much in the tests so far but I’m not seeing those smart plays from him either that you see in the past where he runs the right line in attack or turns up when/where he’s needed in defence. Maybe that is due to the people inside him but he wasn’t playing error free in Super Rugby.

Happy for Schmidt to persist with him if he thinks he is going to come good but my concern is if he falls back from doing all the small things right then what else does he offer?

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)

Simply don't agree about AK (Andrew Kellaway)'s good decisions in defence. In my viewing, he misses more tackles than he makes.

No sweeping backline movements, maybe, but the cross field kick is being utilised quite frequently. Remembering how successful that tactic was for Lolesio and Toole in the Brumbies attack this year, I daresay we might even score a few tries out wide if Toole is on the receiving end of those kicks.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Yeah plus Toole at the very least has the pace to recover from poor positioning (and our back 3 get pulled around a fair bit due to a subpar kicking game).

scrans21

Ward Prentice (10)
Squad I'd like to see:

1. Angus Bell
2. Matt Faesslar
3. Taniela Tupou
4. Nick Frost
5. Lukhan Salakai-Loto
6. Rob Valetini
7. Carlo Tizzano
8. Harry Wilson (c)
9. Jake Gordon
10. Noah Lolesio
11. Marika Koroibete
12. Hamish Stewart
13. Len Ikitau
14. Corey Toole
15. Tom Wright
16. Brandon Paenga-Amosa
17. James Slipper
18. Allan Ala‘alatoa
19. Jeremy Williams
20. Langi Gleeson
21. Tate McDermott
22. Tom Lynagh
23. Andrew Kellaway

Minimum disruption if possible. If BPA is up to speed then he should come onto the bench to get some gametime, along with Lynagh. I want to see what Toole can do on a dry pitch and I like the idea of Kellaway on the bench considering he covers half the backline. Once a few of the boys are back for the Bledisloe then we can ring a few changes (specifically McReight and maybe L Wright), but other than that the 1st squad seems pretty settled.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Would be a good move to have BPA on the bench if he's fit. Best way to make judgements about his involvement in upcoming games and EOYT.

Williams had a pretty strong stint off the bench last game so will probably be there again, but I wouldn't be too concerned if Tom Hooper got a spot in place of him or Langi Gleeson. Game time would be good for all the squad.