• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Argentina v Australia, 8am Sunday 1 Sep (AEST) - TRC Round 3

sundayeightpm

Herbert Moran (7)
Not sure about this. I assume AAA won't be starting? I'd have given it to Valetini as the other captains are injured. This is a temp situation and forced on us I guess.
Yes and No. Joe, Jeff, Laurie etc have a pretty good idea who their preferred 'leadership' group is. Being skipper is a lot more than just being the best player. Clearly they see Harry as having leadership potential.

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
Not even the best number eight in my books. Valetini and Charlie Cale would be my picks for #8
I agree with the first sentence. Cale isn't in the running since he had a IV of antibiotics in a bum bag on the weekend due to an infection the poor bloke. Can't imagine he'll be good to go for a couple of weeks after getting better.

It's really showing our depth is really poor at the moment.

Sword of Justice

Trevor Allan (34)
Yeah, finished the game as captain after losing all the props...
I wonder if that was planned or if he was just the only guy confident enough to say ‘yep, I’m him’.

Could be a pivotal moment in his life and arguably already is if only one game. If he’s good though, this could be the biggest positive reversal in fortunes for a Wallaby in forever?

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
I agree with the first sentence. Cale isn't in the running since he had a IV of antibiotics in a bum bag on the weekend due to an infection the poor bloke. Can't imagine he'll be good to go for a couple of weeks after getting better.

It's really showing our depth is really poor at the moment.
Also he needs to gain some kilos to be a real threat at international level. Valetini is the best 8 but he's also consistenly the best #6. He's the best backrower by far

Mr Pilfer

Dave Cowper (27)
Media will make a big deal about 8 captains in 15 tests but really Joe doesn’t have much choice as most of the 8 are injured.

I guess the positive is that likely means Bell and Tupou both starting. Might mean Gordon not back at 9 either as he would have been a good captain option as well

stillmissit

Ken Catchpole (46)
Yes and No. Joe, Jeff, Laurie etc have a pretty good idea who their preferred 'leadership' group is. Being skipper is a lot more than just being the best player. Clearly they see Harry as having leadership potential.
I disagree, never seen any leadership ability in him at all, looks like a classic follower and not a leader.

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
Telling what a couple of years does though. We had good Prop stocks when Tupou and Bell are fit and AA and Slipper still sprightly enough. All of a sudden the first two have been injured and the others getting run down by father time it seems.

We have then had so many go overseas or not be considered due to being overseas.

I hope this is a period that we see some pain but we are building a wider group of players for the future. Or at least cut away the ones not up to it.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Is it possible that Wright is JSs choice as captain and he has thrown it around since losing him? I imagine McReight or Wright are ideal and good choices.
Fraser McR. will be first choice 7 whenever fit and he is right up there on a level with Valetini as a backrower Marce. If McReight not available them Wright next cab of the rank.