• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Argentina v Australia, 8am Sunday 1 Sep (AEST) - TRC Round 3

rugbyAU

Dick Tooth (41)
I think he wasn't meant to keep playing after the WC last year and he just wanted to play his last game on home soil, not sure why he didn't do it v France, maybe would have preferred to do it in TRC

KiwiM

Arch Winning (36)
Late to the party but well done Wallabies and Wallaby fans. Impressive stuff.

Really something to build on in the Schmidt era.

Seriously impressive performance by the tight 5. Rolled the sleeves up and were effective.

Must be tempting to keep this same team together and build.

Wilson looked like captaincy suited him.

Best game I've seen Ikitau play in years.

Stewart brought everything I thought he might. Has earned more chances.

Exciting times.

sundayeightpm

Herbert Moran (7)
Love it - great to see the optimism here on this thread. We need more of it. Plenty to get excited about...what's the alternative?

rugbyAU

Dick Tooth (41)

Lolesio, LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) and Wright out

Donaldson, Jorgensen and Williams set to start - BPA unlikely to come in

Most likely

1 - Bell
2 - Feassler
3 - Tupou
4 - Frost
5 - Williams
6 - Valetini
7 - Tizzano
8 - Wilson
9 - Gordon
10 - Donaldson
11 - Korobiete
12 - Stewart
13 - Ikitau
14 - Jorgensen
15 - Kellaway
16 - Nasser
17 - Slipper
18 - AA
19 - Hooper
20 - Gleeson
21 - McDermott
22 - Lynagh
23 - Toole/Peitsch

Last edited:

eastman

Colin Windon (37)
I don’t think that for anyone with any knowledge of the game and watched the Norths v Easts grand final would think that Gibbs or Bowen are ready for the highest level of rugby. Anyone who comes to that conclusion are deluded. If it was like the ‘old days’ they wouldn't even be playing first grade.
I don’t think anyone period would suggest they are ready for Test rugby (and not sure how we even got to this point).

The discussion is based on talent and potential. They might not be ready now, but how will they look after a few years of professional rugby and seasons of Super Rugby?

eastman

Colin Windon (37)
He’s being replaced by an out of form Kellaway and a 20 year old with less than 15 professional rugby games.

Strewthcobber

Simon Poidevin (60)
Yeah, for all his faults Wright has been pretty key to probably our two biggest moments so far this year, the try against Wales and the first try last week against Argentina. That is a loss

sundayeightpm

Herbert Moran (7)

Lolesio, LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) and Wright out

Lolesio didn't nail his spot and Wright out is not a disaster but LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) is a big loss

Donaldson, Jorgensen and Williams set to start - BPA unlikely to come in
Yeah, given the cattle...makes sense. But back 3 concerns me! The other option is Donaldson at 15 and Lynagh at 10 and keep AK (Andrew Kellaway) in 14. I think Toole deserves his chance too. Last week - his Brumbies combination with Lolesio would have been very invaluable.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
I think Salakaia-Loto is a bigger loss. He turned the momentum with two brilliant lineout steals. We would've conceded a lot more without him.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I think Salakaia-Loto is a bigger loss. He turned the momentum with two brilliant lineout steals. We would've conceded a lot more without him.
To be fair I didn't see how he played last game but I thought to date he'd been one of our weaker tight five members.

Lindommer

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Spot on. Sully's match thread rules:

The Match thread rules. Please paste these in the first post of any match thread.

This thread is for discussing this match only