• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Argentina v Australia, 8am Sunday 1 Sep (AEST) - TRC Round 3

Yoda

Jim Clark (26)
Lolesio, Donaldson and Lynagh were the form 10’s this season thus the reason they were selected by Schmidt.

Our young 10’s don’t have the luxury of a forward pack that dominates up front internationally.
Someone with an understanding of the game. Well said.

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
It is tough. I think we have to be able to get past the fact that a 50% coaching success rate is very hard to achieve. Schmidt is almost certainly going to be less successful than we hope. By all means be optimistic, but if the guy is doing a lot of the right things but not getting quite the success I hope some of the usual suspects can resist the temptation to make a power play.

dru

David Wilson (68)
God help me, but if there is another premature HC Ides of March I really doubt I could continue watching the Wallabies. We have tolerated that RA shit-show for far too long.

To be fair, my continued watching of Super, so far beyond the point that it passed it's Use By date, is hanging on by a thread that is Les Kiss doing interesting things at the Reds.

stillmissit

Ken Catchpole (46)
We struggle to pick players who can step up from Super Rugby let alone pick talent from club rugby. That was Bob Dwyer's time, a different Australia with a greater pool of talent to choose from. In those days there were talented guys running around in club rugby.

stillmissit

Ken Catchpole (46)
God help me, but if there is another premature HC Ides of March I really doubt I could continue watching the Wallabies. We have tolerated that RA shit-show for far too long.
It was a RA issue Dru but it was fueled by all of us and the media, who are mostly clueless leading the attacks. Rennie was the worst I have seen. In the 80s it was done with greater subtlety and a sharper knife, but it has always been there. Rugby is far worse politically than the corporate companies I worked for. It extends from Junior rugby to Wallabies and the jobs around it. Never understood the reasons for it.

sundayeightpm

Herbert Moran (7)
It's pretty simple...mostly to do with the type of people who are around and administer/control the game. Without being too generalist - private school and tertiary education, white collar, conservative males. Think traditional liberal party in Aus. These organisations are always tearing each other apart and grappling for power and control. Seems to come with the territory sadly. Hope I haven't offended anyone ;-). This is why the game needs to continue to diversify and attract fresh thinking and approach. For example, the Waratah Shield for U17 Women is a fantastic initiative that has the potential to really change up the game and its administration/support (over time).

stillmissit

Ken Catchpole (46)
Very true and was the case up until the change of the century when they moved from the Liberal party to Greens/Teals. Very strange, still very conservative in how they live but 180-degree opposite in their politics.

This is why the game needs to continue to diversify and attract fresh thinking and approach.

I agree with this part.

Strewthcobber

Steve Williams (59)
Wallabies halfback Nick Phipps...on Stan Sport’s Between Two Posts podcast. “We’ve definitely had two big boys playing in the centres for a long time..."
I get where Phipps is coming from here, but it's pretty funny to see Paisami described as a "big boy"

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
He is not a big boy but has a little power and has been horseshoed into the role that Kerevi played previously. Maybe it’s a good time to play around what we actually have? Back to the two playmaker setup. It will be interesting and its not like the Pumas midfield is huge.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Our backline has been very meh for quite a while now, even with Kerevi in his best form I don't think we were winning any more than losing. While I have always been unimpressed with Hamish Stewart in Super Rugby, the situation with the 12 spot is dire and it will be good to see if he can step up at this level. At the very least it is worth seeing what he has to offer without having too high expectations. Go Wallabies.

Hogan

Allen Oxlade (6)
Stewart was excellent for the Force this year combining brilliantly with Donaldson as a second playmaker. Having a few different ball players in a team creates doubt in the opposition defence opening up attacking opportunities and affords teams more variety in attack. Think Mo’unga/Barrett and McKenzie/Barrett. Defensive structures are too good these days for teams to rely solely on their 10’s to do all their playmaking.

Kerevi and Paisami filled a certain role but their skill set is limited offering little support to their 10’s. Stewart possesses the triple threat and hopefully is the answer moving forward.