• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Argentina v Australia, 8am Sunday 1 Sep (AEST) - TRC Round 3

dru

David Wilson (68)
As long as we only stick until a better option comes along.

I think we only have ordinary options at the moment, so lets pick and stick as long as we give any new talent a crack when they are ready.

Noting that we have the info that we have, until Super restarts. It's Lolesio, Donaldson, with Lynagh tracking development for the tests. (Possibly Stewart as another backup.)

Strewthcobber

Steve Williams (59)
Doran on his podcast today said he spoke to Schmidt for 10 to 15 minutes after the game.

He said Schmidt was pretty satisfied with how Lolesio went, and Schmidt responded to questions about some of Lolesio's play, that he was pleased to see him try a few things even if they didn't come off.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I think a special shout out to Carlo Tizzano (should be Carlos, The Jackal, amirite?) for taking an opportunity with McReight's absence. For a guy that was deemed too small by many pundits, he has aimed up superbly and done all that was expected and more in these Tests. Cracking game last night.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Just watched the mini on STAN. Strange that nobody has questioned the rolling maul try to Argentina. There is a definite truck and trailer after the initial maul disintegrates and it directly leads to the try. The Argentine ball carrier is shielded by another player going backwards to the try line. There is no Wallaby connected to that group of players and Frost joins before the tryline and attempts to tackle the player shielding the ball carrier. In my eyes, that was clear obstruction and should have been a penalty to the Wallabies.

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
Well done Wallabies.

While there is still a long way to go good to see Schmidt is getting increasing traction with his game plan and it yielded a result for us today.

Yoda

Jim Clark (26)
I think a special shout out to Carlo Tizzano (should be Carlos, The Jackal, amirite?) for taking an opportunity with McReight's absence. For a guy that was deemed too small by many pundits, he has aimed up superbly and done all that was expected and more in these Tests. Cracking game last night.
Yes… good comment. “Deemed Too small by many pundits“…. just goes to show you … that many pundits are dead set Neville’s as the great Fatty Vautin would say… Great stuff young Carlo…

Yoda

Jim Clark (26)
Just watched the mini on STAN. Strange that nobody has questioned the rolling maul try to Argentina. There is a definite truck and trailer after the initial maul disintegrates and it directly leads to the try. The Argentine ball carrier is shielded by another player going backwards to the try line. There is no Wallaby connected to that group of players and Frost joins before the tryline and attempts to tackle the player shielding the ball carrier. In my eyes, that was clear obstruction and should have been a penalty to the Wallabies.
Strange too that no one questioned Jake Gordon’s try off a blatant forward pass. I know they checked it but it must have been Stevie Wonder looking at it! Nice to get a dubious one go our way! Not so lucky the All Blacks with one of the Saffers tries a lost ball and not grounded.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Doran on his podcast today said he spoke to Schmidt for 10 to 15 minutes after the game.

He said Schmidt was pretty satisfied with how Lolesio went, and Schmidt responded to questions about some of Lolesio's play, that he was pleased to see him try a few things even if they didn't come off.
Which is strange, even Brumby Runner conceded he was worst on ground. I remember after Harry Wilson’s first test back, he described his performance as ‘super’. While most thought he was satisfactory, that seemed a bit of an overstatement. I think we just need to concede that Joe is looking for different things than the rest of us are used to here, and TBH with no other clear answer at 10 I don’t mind the stick and pick approach. However, even if just for the experience and the plan B I think he should be giving Donaldson more minutes, assuming he perceives him as the understudy. I do think perhaps that is where he has Lynagh though, he might ultimately have him at the top of the order.

Rugby follower

Billy Sheehan (19)
Strange too that no one questioned Jake Gordon’s try off a blatant forward pass. I know they checked it but it must have been Stevie Wonder looking at it! Nice to get a dubious one go our way! Not so lucky the All Blacks with one of the Saffers tries a lost ball and not grounded.
I watched that try numerous times , I thought initially it was forward but all passes were backwards out of the hand. Not sure what the all blacks safa game has anything to do with this mornings game.

Reactions: dru

Strewthcobber

Steve Williams (59)
Which is strange, even Brumby Runner conceded he was worst on ground.
Rugby pass pundit gave Lolesio an 8. There does appear to be a lot of people who rate Lolesio's play a lot higher than your average greenandgolder

(Not he least being Schmidt himself)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240901-200922.png
    Screenshot_20240901-200922.png
    514.2 KB · Views: 0