• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Where to for Super Rugby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
You know would be easier to take if there was a clear team out by a country mile that should go.........But I struggle to not see some major con's in cutting any of the Rebels, Force or Brumbies. I just wish at least there was a clear team that really is hard to justify staying from a long term perspective. Which ever team is cut is going to feel hard done by as pro's and con's of each of the three means you could almost flip a coin to decide.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Wallabies had a dreadful season last year, we haven't won the Bledisloe since my nephew was 13. He's is now 28 and has 2 sons and a divorce.

he's in better shape than the ARU.
There is an imbalance here.
We spend too much money on too few players:
  • Folau should have the fraud squad investigating him;
  • Cheika chases Beale who has been hit and miss internationally for years;
  • Pocock is being paid not to play;
  • Foley would not make any NZ Super team;
  • Ditto Phipps;
  • QC (Quade Cooper) is out of sorts;
  • DHP needs to be rested - seriously?
  • Simmons is NRC level most of the time
  • Skelton is a parody of a second rower
There's probably the best part of $5m in there.
Time spent cultivating fundamental skills using this money might well be better spent.
It could be spread thinly to keep kids in the game at 18 when they go to the carmakers cup usually for the $.
We have an upside down pyramid and that is an inherently unstable proposition.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
^^^^ shits fucked.

Folau in particular encapsulates Australian rugby's malaise. His value is all marketing. Usually excels at Super level but for the Wallabies he hasn't done shit since basically his first season.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
What, she started the death spiral of SANZAAR? Amazing what can be achieved with a Twitter account. I'm starting up on Trump tonight - reckon I can take him down by Christmas! ;)

Well not quite the demise of SANZAAAAR however she was the first to float the idea of moving the force to Western Sydney which them became get rid of them which has now 18months later has led us in the mess we have now. Prior to her segment on the rugby club no one even dreamed of moving a team let alone getting rid of 3 of them.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Well not quite the demise of SANZAAAAR however she was the first to float the idea of moving the force to Western Sydney which them became get rid of them which has now 18months later has led us in the mess we have now. Prior to her segment on the rugby club no one even dreamed of moving a team let alone getting rid of 3 of them.

No, she was one of the first to report on it. I doubt she came up with the idea.

dru

David Wilson (68)
Have you ever been involved in negotiating a deal?

After the mild insult then follows a thick set of platitudes pointless to the discussion. You assume I've never negotiated? Whatever.

The Rugby public is currently going nuts on speculation. Have you ever handled Public Relations?

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
After the mild insult then follows a thick set of platitudes pointless to the discussion. You assume I've never negotiated? Whatever.

The Rugby public is currently going nuts on speculation. Have you ever handled Public Relations?

Not an assumption, a genuine question. Maybe you are an expert negotiator.

Speculation is not necessarily a bad thing. At least they are talking and/or thinking about the game.

BTW, Mr Public Relations Expert, what exactly should the ARU say?

Should they just state the obvious? We would prefer to retain five franchises?

Or should they throw a bit of bulldust around? Should they make somthing up? Enlighten me. Specious me.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
No, she was one of the first to report on it. I doubt she came up with the idea.
She pulled it out during the first ep of the rugby club last year during the "what's your headline in 6 weeks" and everyone thought she was nuts then the ex tahs ceo jumped on it during and interview with her and the it has snowballed to where it is today.

Strewthcobber

Simon Poidevin (60)
^^^^ shits fucked.

Folau in particular encapsulates Australian rugby's malaise. His value is all marketing. Usually excels at Super level but for the Wallabies he hasn't done shit since basically his first season.

His team mates voted him two John Eales medals in a row by mistake?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
She pulled it out during the first ep of the rugby club last year during the "what's your headline in 6 weeks" and everyone thought she was nuts then the ex tahs ceo jumped on it during and interview with her and the it has snowballed to where it is today.

You are dreaming if you think she invented the whole premise, and administrators then ran with it. Really, that's some tinfoil right there. It's been leaked to her by someone. I realise conspiracy theories are popular out west! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.