• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Where to for Super Rugby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
p.Tah, that could be a summary of similar discussions I've had with people over here. Non-rugby folks are just dumbfounded by the plan to drop a side and yet keep Japan and Argentina.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
I understand why Southern Hemisphere countries have such cavernous stadia: the tyranny of distance means national sides need to play all over the place, and you need to maximize availability and revenue from those games.

What I don't get is teams playing in these stadiums (for many codes: not just Rugby) which get sold out for a Semi Final, or if you're lucky, one game every two seasons or so, rather than playing in smaller stadia and aiming for full crowds week in week out (unless you're literally getting the bigger stadium for free, and even then too much disparity between crowd size and stadium size is awful).

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
^^^ or at least design the big stadiums so the fans are close to the action and the upper tiers and ends can be sealed off visually so we're not looking at vast amounts of empty seats with people spread out everywhere.

Strewthcobber

Simon Poidevin (60)
I understand why Southern Hemisphere countries have such cavernous stadia: the tyranny of distance means national sides need to play all over the place, and you need to maximize availability and revenue from those games.

What I don't get is teams playing in these stadiums (for many codes: not just Rugby) which get sold out for a Semi Final, or if you're lucky, one game every two seasons or so, rather than playing in smaller stadia and aiming for full crowds week in week out (unless you're literally getting the bigger stadium for free, and even then too much disparity between crowd size and stadium size is awful).

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
The state governments usually make it worth the while of the teams to play in the big stadium even if they don't get big crowds.

Plus they usually have associated facilities including transport (often also provided by government) which makes them where the fans want to go and where the tv companies want them to play

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

D

daz

Well lads, not to get too dramatic, but a whole bunch of us are potentially about to watch our team for the final time this week. For those not affected, some sensitivity and empathy would surely be appreciated.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Please cull the Tahs. The disgraceful performances are destroying memories I would rather cherish, The Tahs beating Wales being one and many other wonderful games, win lose or draw.

I really don't care now if it's the players (must take a big share of responsibility), coaching (also a share) and the general set up of the game here (massive component). I really don't care. I don't think its fixable with the system as it is, so I beg you please cull the Tahs, stop this degrading my fine memories of seasons long past. I am a Rugby addict, I know, if it is on I will watch it, to my detriment, each week turning on again in the hope that they will find skills and play worthy of professional Rugby players.

Well boys I think you may have cured me of my addiction, You (Tahs) have been so woeful that I no longer want to watch, and no longer have my support. You are a joke, a farce, from the board down the whole lot of you are just completely unprofessional except for rocking up to take the money. Just go away and sully the Jersey no longer, I would rather it cease to exist than you wear it again with how you consistently do not perform as even amateurs would.

half

Dick Tooth (41)
There is a real chance even the reported crowd figures will fall below 10K.

A real question becomes do Tahs move to North Sydney Oval & Reds to Bally ??? they must be loosing money with these numbers.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)

A real question becomes do Tahs move to North Sydney Oval & Reds to Bally ??? they must be loosing money with these numbers.
A good chunk of those present are SCG members, who pay nothing to the Tahs, they are literally drawing less paying fans than some SS games.

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)

Not sure that either the Qld Government or the residents of Herston and Kelvin Grove would be thrilled with that.

Reactions: dru

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
They still own Concord Oval send play the Tahs games there I'm sure the Pirates will put on a great BBQ that will out do the SFS catering.

Reactions: dru
T

TOCC

It's simple,Ballymore isnt a serious option for hosting any professional sport

Status
Not open for further replies.