• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force vs Reds, 2011R17

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

OLDDOG

Tough to drop Swanepoel after his recent performances, his service to Stannard was outstanding.

I think the force coach has fucked up there. swannie is a big part of why they are playing fast recyling rugby right now.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
I think the force coach has fucked up there. swannie is a big part of why they are playing fast recyling rugby right now.

Anyone else think it is in part due to his 9/10 nature? He know's how and when a flyhalf wants the ball from first hand experience.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I have mixed feeling on this game. If the Reds can come out and play like a team who are going to win the comp, I wouldn't be devastated to lose.

I doubt I will be feeling as charitable while the game is on, but it might soften the blow if we do lose.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
I am stoked to see a thread that has the force involved get so much attention. It might have something to so with the reds.

I am really looking forward to standard vs quade!! Standard has to be the second vest 10 in form in Australia. Even only after 2 games. I hope he can get up for it.

I think Sheehan will be better after a rest because he is a very physical 9 and he was probably carrying allot of problems before the rest.

The main thing for me is seeing JOC (James O'Connor) back after a break. He has been carrying small injuries since round 9 and we can probably say he will be allot better after having some time to get over them.

This Is a huge game for the reds. The force look like a different team after going to new Zealand.

Go the force!!!!

D

daz

I am really looking forward to standard vs quade!! Standard has to be the second vest 10 in form in Australia. Even only after 2 games. I hope he can get up for it.

Not even a whiff of hyperbole, right?

;)

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
It's get to be able to be hyperbole over here for a change. We will see if it's hyperbole soon enough

Go the force!!!!

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I have a feeling the Reds are going to get beaten in the pigs in this one. The Force backs only have to defend Cooper who will be on the back foot. No Digby to get them over the advantage line and no Lucas to sweep I think they might well struggle.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Bench could win this one for the Reds. And I'm not sure if O'Connor having 15 on his back has much meaning in where he will be floating around on the field.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
Bench could win this one for the Reds. And I'm not sure if O'Connor having 15 on his back has much meaning in where he will be floating around on the field.

Yeah he'll attack from 12 but defend at 15. Same routine Force usually use when Shep is out.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
All this talk of Hyperbole makes me wonder if this game is being played for the Jooolia Gillard hyperbowl

Unfortunately I am picking Force by 3

chiraag

Larry Dwyer (12)
Bench could win this one for the Reds

Really? I doubt with the injuries the reds have that their bench is going to be any stronger than the force bench, which is looking rather strong:

16. Ben Whittaker
17. Tim Fairbrother
18. Tom Hockings
19. Ben McCalman
20. Mark Swanepoel
21. Mitch Inman
22. Alfie Mafi

I think JOC (James O'Connor) at 15 could work well for the Force as well with Stannard at 10. I'm expecting a few good runs from him on the inside of stannard, or off his shoulder, and with the reds probably looking to kick for territory, he should get plenty of ball.

A

Albert

Standard has to be the second vest 10 in form in Australia.

He's playing very well. Probably above average I would say, although I am not an expert in his usual performance levels. What is the stannard expectation for a Super Rugby five-eighth's performance anyway?

7 out of 10; 8/10; 6.5/10??

Is this attempt at humour sub-stannard? Sorry.

Reactions: DPK

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
Really? I doubt with the injuries the reds have that their bench is going to be any stronger than the force bench, which is looking rather strong:

16. Ben Whittaker
17. Tim Fairbrother
18. Tom Hockings
19. Ben McCalman
20. Mark Swanepoel
21. Mitch Inman
22. Alfie Mafi

I think JOC (James O'Connor) at 15 could work well for the Force as well with Stannard at 10. I'm expecting a few good runs from him on the inside of stannard, or off his shoulder, and with the reds probably looking to kick for territory, he should get plenty of ball.

That is a very strong bench.

R

Red Rooster

I had a quick check and noticed the Force have only won 50% of their home games since their inception - plenty of hope for the Reds

Status
Not open for further replies.