• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force vs Reds, 2011R17

Status
Not open for further replies.

todd4

Dave Cowper (27)
I dont want people to start talking up the Forces' chances. Whenever that happens they seem to find another way to fuck it up.

Taken from the Australian:

Wayne Smith From: The Australian June 09, 2011 12:00AM

Graham, following the lead of Reds coach Ewen McKenzie who is keeping his run-on side a secret, revealed that four members of the side that beat the Highlanders last weekend were in doubt because of the battering they took in Dunedin, although he declined to identify them.

Be interesting to see the squad (announced later today), who are the four? or is it just mind games?

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
I dont want people to start talking up the Forces' chances. Whenever that happens they seem to find another way to fuck it up.

Graham, following the lead of Reds coach Ewen McKenzie who is keeping his run-on side a secret, revealed that four members of the side that beat the Highlanders last weekend were in doubt because of the battering they took in Dunedin, although he declined to identify them.

Be interesting to see the squad (announced later today), who are the four? or is it just mind games?

Bugger.

The Mayor of Perth

Ted Fahey (11)

You'll find it's the John Lennon song!

D

daz

I have what can only be described as the wet dream of rugby weekends coming up.

I will be at my rugby club's dinner on Friday night with Bob Dwyer. On Saturday morning he will be watching my club juniors play. On Saturday night I get to have a rare personal viewing of my beloved Reds in the flesh against the Force. On Sunday morning my son's junior team has a personal coaching session with Bob.

All I need now is a drinking session with Farr-Jones, Kearns, Eales and Horan to make it about as good as it gets....

Report to follow.

:)

Lance Free

Arch Winning (36)
Western Force v Queensland Reds

Saturday, 11 June 2011 at nib Stadium Perth

Kick-off: 8.05pm (AWST) 10.05pm (AEST)

1. Kieran Longbottom
2. Nathan Charles
3. Matt Dunning
4. Sam Wykes
5. Nathan Sharpe
6. Matt Hodgson
7. David Pocock
8. Richard Brown
9. Brett Sheehan
10. James Stannard
11. David Smith
12. Rory Sidey
13. Patrick Dellit
14. Nick Cummins
15. James O’Connor

Reserves

16. Ben Whittaker
17. Tim Fairbrother
18. Tom Hockings
19. Ben McCalman
20. Mark Swanepoel
21. Mitch Inman
22. Alfie Mafi

D

daz

That really does look a good team on paper.

I'm taking a warm bath and a cold razor to the game, just in case....

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Forget about any kind of clean ball to the backs with Sheehan at half back. Also, JOC (James O'Connor) at 12 please Woody. Dellitt can play 15 and Sidey 13.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Interesting choice. I guess with Shepheard out, and how well the big centres linked with Stannard last week it is a logical choice. No doubt JOC (James O'Connor) will drift into the backline fairly often. Also, i don't know what went wrong last week but at least with JOC (James O'Connor) at 15 we wont see any David Smith kicks!

Shame about Swanepoel being dropped, the pressure is on Sheehan to perform now though.

T

tranquility

9. Brett Sheehan
10. James Stannard
11. David Smith
12. Rory Sidey
13. Patrick Dellit
14. Nick Cummins
15. James O’Connor

Reserves

16. Ben Whittaker
17. Tim Fairbrother
18. Tom Hockings
19. Ben McCalman
20. Mark Swanepoel
21. Mitch Inman
22. Alfie Mafi

I am stoked about this backline!!!

what is he thinking?

9. Swan 10. Stannard
11. Smith 12. JOC (James O'Connor) 13. Inman 14. Cummins
15. Delit

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
I am stoked about this backline!!!

what is he thinking?

9. Swan 10. Stannard
11. Smith 12. JOC (James O'Connor) 13. Inman 14. Cummins
15. Delit

He's probably thinking about field position. I wouldn't be relying on Smith, Cummins or Delit to be working the boot with kick returns either. Different story if Shepard has availble at the back.

T

tranquility

He's probably thinking about field position. I wouldn't be relying on Smith, Cummins or Delit to be working the boot with kick returns either. Different story if Shepard has availble at the back.

Sounds good to me

todd4

Dave Cowper (27)
Shame Swanepoel didn't get to start but I hope he gets a reasonable amount of game time. No doubt JOC (James O'Connor) will slip into 12 on attack, Sidey and Dellit will be solid in defence.

Emirates Western Force Coach Richard Graham has retained the services of James Stannard at flyhalf for a big clash against the Reds on Saturday night in Perth while experienced halfback Brett Sheehan and star utility James O’Connor are key inclusions into the side.

Stannard was a revelation at 10 in the club’s recent tour of New Zealand and will team up with Sheehan in the halves this week with youngster Mark Swanepoel reverting to the bench.

“James (Stannard) has played well and has a unique ability to carry the ball in two hands and challenge the defensive line,” Graham said.

“I thought Mark (Swanepoel) performed very well in our two games overseas but I like Sheehan’s aggressiveness in defence and I think he has a lot of respect within the group,” Graham said.

O’Connor has been named at fullback however he is also expected to spend some time at inside centre throughout the game.

Sheehan and O’Connor, who have recovered from injury, are the only two additions into the match-day 22 from the side that defeated the Highlanders last Friday night. The remainder of the moves have occurred from within that touring squad.

“I haven’t made a huge amount of changes, O’Connor and Sheehan will come back into the side but it’s about rewarding performance,” said Graham.

“In terms of selection I’ve tried to keep it as stable as I possibly can.”

After showing excellent form in Dunedin Rory Sidey retains his place at 12 with Patrick Dellit his midfield partner at outside centre. The speedy Nick Cummins starts in the 14 jersey and adds to a mouth-watering outside back combination of fellow winger David Smith and O’Connor.

In the forwards Matt Dunning will start in the front row while Richard Brown has been selected at No.8.

In six previous meetings between the Emirates Western Force and the Reds it has been the home side who has taken the points on each occasion.

The West Australian’s were pipped at the post by the Queenslanders in the opening round after leading for the majority of the match at Suncorp Stadium, and while redemption will provide some of the motivation, there are bigger goals in mind for Graham and his emerging squad.

“I think the important thing for us again, and it has been a focus over the last few weeks, is to worry about ourselves, we have a lot that we want to play for,” Graham said.

“We are determined to finish the season well and I think as a group we’re getting better with each game.”

todd4

Dave Cowper (27)
Brown over McCalman....How does this happen?

I have no problem with Brown starting. After sitting on the bench the last couple of weeks he will be determined to make his presence felt, he brings a lot of energy to the game.

It will be a real luxury to have Ben Mac come on in the last 20-30 mins as an impact player.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I just read the lineup and was about to lose my shit at Woody, until I read the article. As long as JOC (James O'Connor) is used closer to the action in attack I can live with it.

How about Paddy Dellit? He must still be piching himself. From club rugby to S15 starter in 6 weeks and holding Inman on the bench, a real future wallaby prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.