• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force vs Reds, 2011R17

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
St.George Reds team to play Western Force

1. Ben Daley
2. Saia Fainga'a
3. James Slipper
4. Rob Simmons
5. James Horwill (c)
6. Scott Higginbotham
7. Liam Gill
8. Radike Samo
9. Will Genia
10. Quade Cooper
11. Rod Davies
12. Ben Tapuai
13. Will Chambers
14. Luke Morahan
15. Jono Lance

16. James Hanson

17. Greg Holmes

18. Adam Wallace-Harrison

19. Jake Schatz

20. Ben Coridas

21. Ian Prior

22. Dom Shipperley

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Lance at fullback? Doesn't he play at 10 for club most of the time? I hope this is some genuis masterplan by Link, because I definatley would of had Morahan at 15 and Shippers on the wing

T

tranquility

That is still not a bad side Reg.

Would of started Shipperly and had Morohan at full back.

That is what I would have done as well, and it is probably the most obvious decision. However link is a wily character and Jono is a very good defender with a strong boot too match. As it was reported on another site, it is a like for like swap with Benny Lucas as Jono can defend at flyhalf without problem. My only problem with the move is that I doubt he has ever played there before and could get caught out of position from time to time (fullback).

T

Tank

Not sure about that Mayor - with Ben Lucas fit (no niggles) Link had the 5:2 as Lucas was back up half but with him out, he needs a back up half especially as Genia has a niggle it seems - not finishing the last game.

Schatz did not get on last week with a 4:3 split and I see Schatz and Coridas as fairly similar players.

I would think Link would not risk only 2 back reserves with an already depleted back line.

Anyway, time will tell and I will accept an "I told you so" if you are right! :)

I stand corrected and give you kudos for your spot on foresight! All the best to the boys from Perth!

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
That is what I would have done as well, and it is probably the most obvious decision. However link is a wily character and Jono is a very good defender with a strong boot too match. As it was reported on another site, it is a like for like swap with Benny Lucas as Jono can defend at flyhalf without problem. My only problem with the move is that I doubt he has ever played there before and could get caught out of position from time to time (fullback).

He might just play them in their more natural position but with the wrong number on their back

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)

Was thinking about this last night and what we now have is speed to burn on both wings. Taps will have to play the Ant Fainga'a role but what I have seen of him he is quite similar. I think we will be going wide in this one. I think our forwards will be up for this one and lessons learnt from round one.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Was thinking about this last night and what we now have is speed to burn on both wings. Taps will have to play the Ant Fainga'a role but what I have seen of him he is quite similar. I think we will be going wide in this one. I think our forwards will be up for this one and lessons learnt from round one.

I was actually thinking the opposite. Tight with fast turnovers and get the force on the back foot. Go wide if we can do this but if not I wouldn't be surprised to see a pretty tight field position game. Lots of genia kicking and better kick chase.

T

tranquility

Can I just say, and it almost goes without saying, but I am most excited about Gill V Pocock. Having seen a fair bit of both of them, when David left to go to Perth I thought we had lost a generational player, and we have to fair. Some pundits at the time said it was the best signing the Force would ever make. However, there is no doubt in my mind that Gill is the best breakaway talent since David in any state, certainly the best scavenger. Even though at the same age, Pocock was much bigger, there are elements of Liam's game that are better such as his breakdown accuracy. Pocock is a much stronger body and will bulyl Liam over the ball, but I think Liam is a better natural footballer and it will be a very interesting battle.

No doubt about it, David will win the contest in non-points decision. However the lessons Gill will learn tonight will be massive, in the same way that George Smith, Phil Waugh and Richie and even David Croft in the ARC gave David hell, both verbally and physically in his first two seasons. Pocock won't say much to Gill tonight, but his actions will be telling. Should be a good scrap.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
The thing is though, is that with the team Graham has picked, it will be 3 opensides (and probably the best three in the country) against Gill - Pocock, Hodgson and Brown.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
OK, a seizure seems more enticing than Marto and Horan commentating. Crikey, I'm not sure how to approach this.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I think I just had a seizure - tonic-clonic then absence. Either that or foxsports 3 is malfucntioning.

Nick McArdle went all dub-beat on me, thought someone had spiked my vodka, but then remembered I made it myself.
Now, we get to sit through Marto, Horan and Canno trying very hard to avoid a Naza-esque thrashwank as the Reds play again!
Looking forward to a good game.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
I've tried making vodka but I eat the potatoes before they ferment! Waistful!

Should JOC (James O'Connor)'s eyebrows be a different colour to his hair? Does Sookface's mum fly over to do his hair or is that a Force recruitment perk?

Status
Not open for further replies.