• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force vs Reds, 2011R17

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maroon Army

Reds squad to play Western Force

Forwards: Ben Coridas, Ben Daley, Saia Fainga'a, Liam Gill, James Hanson, Scott Higginbotham, Greg Holmes, James Horwill (c), Radike Samo, Jake Schatz, Rob Simmons, James Slipper, Adam Wallace-Harrison

Backs: Will Chambers, Quade Cooper, Rod Davies, Will Genia (vc), Jono Lance, Luke Morahan, Dallan Murphy, Ian Prior, Dom Shipperley, Ben Tapuai

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I don't think many people are giving the Reds a lot of credit here. They are on top of the table for a reason, and a couple of injuries won't change that. Remember how they played against the Stormers? We have a nearlly fully fit forward pack and halves pairing.....field position, thats my theory.

I don't think Link will want to give Pocock and Co the chance to savage us too much at the breakdown, so I think Genia and Cooper will kick to the corners and rely on a good chase.

I think this is gonna be a great game to watch. Either the Force by a little or the Reds by heaps.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Reds squad to play Western Force

Forwards: Ben Coridas, Ben Daley, Saia Fainga'a, Liam Gill, James Hanson, Scott Higginbotham, Greg Holmes, James Horwill (c), Radike Samo, Jake Schatz, Rob Simmons, James Slipper, Adam Wallace-Harrison

Backs: Will Chambers, Quade Cooper, Rod Davies, Will Genia (vc), Jono Lance, Luke Morahan, Dallan Murphy, Ian Prior, Dom Shipperley, Ben Tapuai

Definatly posted that like 15 posts ago

T

tranquility

I can't believe the fair weather support for the Reds myself. I get all the bagging that comes from NSW about how we have been lucky, and we have a bad side that is coached well, and all that nonsense. But have a little pride for the culture we are creating, we are at our weakest point and if we can keep afloat we are going to prosper. We have Beau, Diggers, Hynes and Benny Lucas out plus a hoard of youngsters at the JWC. We have almost no players left to call and I think we are still looking alright and we should dust the farce in the west. As I said, if we manage to win this game and the next. Then when the artillery arrives we will be looking very dangerous for a genuine tilt. Keep the faith!!

M

Maroon Army

We Are Red!!!

I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself. ;)

I agree with you to a certain extent (except for the fair weather part), but I believe we will have a battle waiting for us at the breakdown that can't be ignored. There's definantly qualilty all through the Reds pack, but they need to turn up ready to play like they did against the Stormers and the Crusaders.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I can't believe the fair weather support for the Reds myself. I get all the bagging that comes from NSW about how we have been lucky, and we have a bad side that is coached well, and all that nonsense. But have a little pride for the culture we are creating, we are at our weakest point and if we can keep afloat we are going to prosper. We have Beau, Diggers, Hynes and Benny Lucas out plus a hoard of youngsters at the JWC. We have almost no players left to call and I think we are still looking alright and we should dust the farce in the west. As I said, if we manage to win this game and the next. Then when the artillery arrives we will be looking very dangerous for a genuine tilt. Keep the faith!!

I hope thats not directed at me. Some games I am just more confident about than others. I guess I still have that suspicion from a couple of seasons ago when we could get in front then find a way to lose, or be totally outclassed from the start.

We don't seem to lose games like that anymore, but you still get that feeling in your stomach every time the reds look like they aren't going to get out of first gear. Certainly hope I'm 10 dollars poorer come the weekend.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
There's definantly qualilty all through the Reds pack but they need to turn up ready to play like they did against the Stormers and the Crusaders.

Big games need from Kev, Higginbotham and Daley in my opinion, they were all a bit sluggish last week. Cooper needs to have his kicking boots on

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Good to see Murphy called into the squad. He is a real goer at club level and this recognition is well deserved.

Wallace-Harrison has been an absolute legend for the Reds and would more than carry his weight, but personally I would like to see Schatz and Coridas in the squad, as they are the future and are good when the grinding stuff is required. As for the backs, reckon Lance deserves to be there purely on his Qld A form, but where I'm not sure? Besides, if they want to keep him they probably need to start showing him some love.

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
Far out, didn't realise the extent of the Reds injury dilemma. I have to say, there's a substantial difference between:

11. Ioane
12. Harris
13. Fainga'a
14. Morahan
15. Lucas

21. Davies
22. Hynes

and:

11. Shipperly
12. Tapuai
13. Chambers
14. Morahan
15. Prior

21. Jono Lance
22. Dallan Murphy

T

tranquility

11. Shipperly
12. Tapuai
13. Chambers
14. Davies
15. Morahan

21. Ian Prior
22. Jono Lance

What is that? Davies will be on the wing, and Morahan at fullback. Still a very classy backline. I can't see Link taking both Lance and Murphy into battle, they are too similar. Lance can cover 10 through 13, and Chambers can play wing if required.

Bowside, my rant certainly wasn't directed at you or anyone for that matter. Just in regards to the negative sentiment around the traps after one loss on the back of a herculean battle the week before.

red army

Bob McCowan (2)
Apparently on foxsports jono lance will be playing 15. Not a bad option i think. He will do quades defending as lucas did and will do a good job as he is a strong defender and he runs good lines in attack.

Hope he does well. Anyone heard what he is doing next year?

T

tranquility

Apparently on foxsports jono lance will be playing 15. Not a bad option i think. He will do quades defending as lucas did and will do a good job as he is a strong defender and he runs good lines in attack.

Hope he does well. Anyone heard what he is doing next year?

He is unsigned for next year, but if he does play at fullback and play well his value on the open market would be immense for a rookie. That would make sense for link to do that, at it would leave him with an inside back and outside back on the bench plus a halfback. I just didn't know he had that string to his bow.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
He is unsigned for next year, but if he does play at fullback and play well his value on the open market would be immense for a rookie. That would make sense for link to do that, at it would leave him with an inside back and outside back on the bench plus a halfback. I just didn't know he had that string to his bow.

He scored a brilliant try in the Edinburgh 7s final against the Saffies...(unfortunately we lost at the death 36-35 after leading 35 to 19 with 3 mins to go...), he ran from his right corner post and simply ran across the field towards the halfway line and then straightened up and jinked his way past the last two defenders to score under the posts...

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
We don't seem to lose games like that anymore, but you still get that feeling in your stomach every time the reds look like they aren't going to get out of first gear. Certainly hope I'm 10 dollars poorer come the weekend.[/QUOTE]

I know the pit of the stomach feeling well, when they ran out on Saturday I was hit by it (got to know it well in the last decade). I remember thinking their body language did not look right. This weekend will be a cracker. The reds will turn up and I think the force will as well.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I still think that the Reds will get up but don't expect a blowout. Would be great if they somehow managed a bonus point win but I think thats unlikely given how well the Force have been playing for the last couple of weeks.

T

Tank

The make up of the squad points to a 5/2 split on the bench with one of Lance/Murphy/Prior being 23rd man IMO.

Not sure about that Mayor - with Ben Lucas fit (no niggles) Link had the 5:2 as Lucas was back up half but with him out, he needs a back up half especially as Genia has a niggle it seems - not finishing the last game.

Schatz did not get on last week with a 4:3 split and I see Schatz and Coridas as fairly similar players.

I would think Link would not risk only 2 back reserves with an already depleted back line.

Anyway, time will tell and I will accept an "I told you so" if you are right! :)

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Schatz did not get on last week with a 4:3 split and I see Schatz and Coridas as fairly similar players.

QUOTE]
I thought that Shatz was left off because he was the last fit player availiable as all others were injured, he had to be saved until the very end in case of another injury

Status
Not open for further replies.