• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force vs Reds, 2011R17

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TheNextBigThing

"For the good of Aus Rugby" I hope the Reds win with a bonus point. Home semi and final = big bikkies.

Being tahs fan with a soft spot for the quokka chuckers, I hope the reds get the licking they deserve.

With odds like that how can I lose?

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
So how many Wallaby jerseys can be decided here...

McCalman vs Samo
Hodgson vs Higgenbotham
Wykes vs Simmons (is he playing?)
Stannard vs Cooper ;)

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)

McCalman vs Samo McCalman will get it.Hodgson vs Higgenbotham Both will be there but Hodgson as a backup opensideWykes vs Simmons (is he playing?) Simmons has this one in the bag. Sharpe and Horwill will join him.
Stannard vs Cooper ;) Stannard could be a real smokey and might challenge Nick Phipps for the third halfback spot with the advantage of utility value.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)

McCalman vs Samo
Hodgson vs Higgenbotham
Wykes vs Simmons (is he playing?)
Stannard vs Cooper ;)

I'd still have Wycliff as my number 8 for Oz (if fit), behind him McCalman. Higgerz should get the 6 jersey for a few tests, he's been more consistant and you can't go past leadership qualities. Don't have anything for the other two.

Personally wouldn't mind seeing Pocock v Schatz, the two werent too far apart in age going through Churchie so I'll be suprised if Schatz doesn't know more than a thing or two about Pococks game (beside the obvious, that he's a freak). Regardless, the Reds need to go for size, Gill off the bench would be my choice

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
St.George Reds squad to play Western Force

Forwards: Ben Coridas, Ben Daley, Saia Fainga'a, Liam Gill, James Hanson, Scott Higginbotham, Greg Holmes, James Horwill (c), Radike Samo, Jake Schatz, Rob Simmons, James Slipper, Adam Wallace-Harrison

Backs: Will Chambers, Quade Cooper, Rod Davies, Will Genia (vc), Jono Lance, Luke Morahan, Dallan Murphy, Ian Prior, Dom Shipperley, Ben Tapuai

Good to see Rocket Rod back. Had a strong feeling Dallan Murphy was gonna get a call up. Interesting to see if Gill or Coridas starts. I hope it is Gill, Coridas was only meant to be there to play while Liam got over jet-lag, he has been the number 2 openside all season.

T

Tank

Good to see Rocket Rod back. Had a strong feeling Dallan Murphy was gonna get a call up. Interesting to see if Gill or Coridas starts. I hope it is Gill, Coridas was only meant to be there to play while Liam got over jet-lag, he has been the number 2 openside all season.

If Coridas doesn't start, he would be 23rd man wouldn't he? and if he does start, maybe Schatz misses out. Would be a bit of a shame for Coridas to miss out altogether as I thought he was one of the better Reds forwards last week and is not like it is Robinson coming back. Will be great to see Gill go up against Pocock though..

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
If Coridas doesn't start, he would be 23rd man wouldn't he? and if he does start, maybe Schatz misses out. Would be a bit of a shame for Coridas to miss out altogether as I thought he was one of the better Reds forwards last week and is not like it is Robinson coming back. Will be great to see Gill go up against Pocock though..

I didn't mind how Coridas played, but he is more of a 6 then a 7 by the looks of things. I'm not sure why Shatz isn't being considered for 7, because he did well there last year when he needed too, I was really suprised he didn't even come off the bench.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I think there is room for higgers, samo and mccalman in the wallaby squad. Each of these guys are lineout options, have good speed and are big enough to play 6 or 8. I just feel hodgson should only get in the squad as a back up 7, as he is a little small for a test match 6.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Somebody want to give us the good oil on Dallan Murphy? I have never heard of him.

Cheers.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
....Drop this game, and the Reds will prove that like last year, they are just not good enough at the pointy end of the season.....

Or, like last year, a bad cluster of injuries conspires to convert this swiss watch of a Reds playing machine into a lesser time piece that cannot adjust quickly to less seasoned (or less good) players. That's no pre-emptive excuse from me: as you imply Daz, a championship team has to have enough skill, culture and depth to cope with a cluster of injuries, sequentially or in one group. We'll soon see if the 2011 Reds have that. I have faith in buckets, but I'm also (hopefully) objective enough to see the mounting risks for the team, what with a back line reconstruction that won't have played much together in pressure games, a missing superman Beau, QC (Quade Cooper)'s place kick unevenness, etc.

But let's remember: the Reds now have a guaranteed home SF Qualifier at the very least around June 25, they could lose in Perth and Hamilton, win that SF Qualifier and still go on to win the Final. Equally, history shows that in a potential 4 more tough games pre a Final, there will be more injuries yet to come (for all teams so competing).

The Mayor of Perth

Ted Fahey (11)

The make up of the squad points to a 5/2 split on the bench with one of Lance/Murphy/Prior being 23rd man IMO.

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
i thought will chambers looked really enthusiastic when he came on last week and immediately was running great lines> lookin forward to seeing how he goes with the start this week

T

tranquility

Plays on the wing for brothers. I think he's pretty swift, but I could be mistaking him for someone else.

You are. You are thinking of his brother, Damon who is a very talented fullback.

Dallan is a flyhalf for the Brothers club in Brisbane. He is young (23) and has been a consistent performer in Premier rugby when Brothers were dominating for a few years. He is a Nudgee boy, which is the brother school of Joeys in Sydney. I'm not sure if he will get on the park because essentially both he and Jono are inside backs, and Jono is the better player in my opinion. Still I wish him all the luck, as he is young enough to forge a career of what is up to this point his second job / hobby. They are the stories you want to hear.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
TAB have the Force at $2.45 compared to $1.51 for the Reds. Seems like a very good price for the Force. With all the injuries the Reds have, I think it should be a tighter market than that.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
TAB have the Force at $2.45 compared to $1.51 for the Reds. Seems like a very good price for the Force. With all the injuries the Reds have, I think it should be a tighter market than that.

Already got a 10 bucks on them. Hopefully it will ease the pain if we lose.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Keep talking the Force up. Reds are at their best with their backs to the wall. Suits me just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.