• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force 2025

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
decent starting XV..

Not convinced by Poolman and Potter, although Leahy is an exciting young player

depth in the squad is still an issue

WoodysRFC

Frank Nicholson (4)
decent starting XV..

Not convinced by Poolman and Potter, although Leahy is an exciting young player

depth in the squad is still an issue
I'm convinced by Potter, he looked good prior to injury, although, not at Fullback.

Certainly more convinced than Poolman, who I'm not entirely sure what his best position really is.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
From TWF, the poster is a very reliable one so wouldnt say its just him venting.

1721186896121.png

chiraag

Larry Dwyer (12)
I'd say it'd be in regards to RA saying we have to lose our foreign players because of the extra rebels players being available, but then not actually getting any decent rebels players

Thalium

Fred Wood (13)
I'm convinced by Potter, he looked good prior to injury, although, not at Fullback.

Certainly more convinced than Poolman, who I'm not entirely sure what his best position really is.
I think Poolman is a 14 or 15 and just needs to get a little more muscle on him, he is only 21 but is 195cm tall and pretty fast. i think he will come good this year he is currently running around in the shute shield at the moment

LeCheese

Jim Lenehan (48)
I imagine it would be something to do with encouraging a switch to the tahs over heading west, I imagine eastern clubs are being offered financial incentive to take the rebels players
Pretty huge claim without any evidence.

Force’s recruitment of Eastern players over the past two seasons has actually been pretty strong… Don’t think there’s a need for dispensation on the number of overseas players anymore.

Tomthumb

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
1. Robertson
2. BPA
3. HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) (Harry Johnson-Holmes)
4. Swain
5. Carter
6. Williams
7. Tizzano
8. Harris
9. White
10. Donaldson
11. Leahy
12. Stewart
13. Kuenzle
14. Poolman
15. Potter

Theres a few things to get excited about
Not a great back 3. Weird that Lancaster went to the Tahs considering outside backs are the only position they are any good at opposed to the Force where it's a need

Tomthumb

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Pretty huge claim without any evidence.

Force’s recruitment of Eastern players over the past two seasons has actually been pretty strong… Don’t think there’s a need for dispensation on the number of overseas players anymore.
Doran mentioned on the ESPN scrum podcast that word is the Force want to pay guys more but that RA wont allow it

chiraag

Larry Dwyer (12)

How does ending a dispensation make any sense for a team that has been consitently struggling with results since re-entering the competition, let alone without any reasonable transition period? Fair enough if some of the Wallabies or quality players from the Rebels were getting sent our way, but that clearly doesn't seem to be the case.

LeCheese

Jim Lenehan (48)
Doran mentioned on the ESPN scrum podcast that word is the Force want to pay guys more but that RA wont allow it
I can understand the Force’s argument for wanting to do so, but given the current climate around finances, I can also understand why RA said no.

Mr Pilfer

Jim Clark (26)
Not a great back 3. Weird that Lancaster went to the Tahs considering outside backs are the only position they are any good at opposed to the Force where it's a need
Yes those wingers are a concern, although Leahy has potential (and O'Donnell).

What happened to Guy Porter? He was apparently coming to us, but that may have now been shut down as he is capped for England.

We need Pone/Eloff, Leota, and another 2 centre's/wingers.

Jimmyjam

Watty Friend (18)
How does ending a dispensation make any sense for a team that has been consitently struggling with results since re-entering the competition, let alone without any reasonable transition period? Fair enough if some of the Wallabies or quality players from the Rebels were getting sent our way, but that clearly doesn't seem to be the case.
Possibly because they've been recruiting pretty well so far and have already taken a fair chunk of Tahs players over the last 2 seasons... I'd say there are likely to be at least a few quality Rebels signings to come across to the force, but with the state of the rugby economy they need to prioritise Australian players in the budgets. This group are quality and still seem to be available...
David Feliuai - 2025
David Vaihu - 2024
Matt Proctor - 2025
Lukas Ripley - 2025
Nick Jooste - ???
Glen Vaihu (2024)
Joe Pincus - 2025
Pone Fa'amausili - 2025
Cabous Eloff - 2024
Sam Talakai - 2024

Yoda

Syd Malcolm (24)
The Reds are getting quite a few Rebels and the Tahs need some… not so much the Brumbies. The Force will get last dibs because Rugby Australia has to make sure the Tahs don’t come last again. The Force have a pretty good first XV on paper but as someone has mentioned depth is a problem. A few injuries and they become cannon fodder. Centralisation is supposed to spread the talent? Let Twiggy pay them what he likes and if OS players are needed to plug gaps, what’s wrong with that? Why would it matter if the Force win the Super Rugby? Because the Tahs and Reds will hate it.

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
1. Robertson
2. BPA
3. HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) (Harry Johnson-Holmes)
4. Swain
5. Carter
6. Williams
7. Tizzano
8. Harris
9. White
10. Donaldson
11. Leahy
12. Stewart
13. Kuenzle
14. Poolman
15. Potter

Theres a few things to get excited about
Lacking some serious go forward - particular in a popgun backline.