• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Godwin's other issue is that he is now a more recognised threat and teams are numbering up on him better. But it's also no coincidence that while they are focusing on Godwin we are having some success out wide this year.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
E will only miss this weeks and because he was scheduled to play for his premier side on the bye. Lol. Well played force. He got off lightly because of his good record

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Weeks = games, BTW. But Shiggins got it right - during the bye weeks you can play for your club side, so the Force gets lucky and only loses McCalman for a week.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I think that's about right too. After seeing the replay of the incident it was worthy of a card and a suspension, but not a lengthy one. He did tip the bloke in the tackle, but he didn't land on his head or shoulders and the way he carried on afterwards holding his head was rubbish.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
Godwin's other issue is that he is now a more recognised threat and teams are numbering up on him better. But it's also no coincidence that while they are focusing on Godwin we are having some success out wide this year.
I think this is a big one. Last year he was the only attacking weapon at the Force. Opposition have picked up on this and each time he gets the ball he has two defenders on him straight away.
On the other hand Ebersohn is making the breaks now.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Godwin attracts 2 or 3 players every time he runs at the line. Even though he isn't getting through, it's that sort of threat that is drawing in defenders and creating space out wide. He could remain this "quiet" the entire season and he'd be doing more of a service to the team than if he was trying to play like a hero. I'm sure the national coaching staff will take note of his efforts.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Alby has been banned for 1 week which means he will miss no games due to the Force having a bye.

Just staggering SANZAR.

caymantim

Herbert Moran (7)
I am so impressed with the whole team combo... the forwards have always been a strength, but they seem to have another level of belief now. The whole team is playing with confidence in everything they do.

Sias has muscled up and goes looking for work in defence, varies his play with more runs, and the combo between him, Godwin and Rasolea has been fantastic. They seem to switch positions seamlessly, defend well, kick well. The combination has been given the time to gel when outside armchair experts were calling for change (including me). Thats good coaching.

Great job Force!! They dominated the Chiefs. Great teams, like the Chiefs, stay in a match... but that self belief to close it out was awesome. One great example to me was that last penalty, no arguing, they rushed back into their defensive line.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Bjc8oYPCMAAx5AM.jpg

So many Honey Badgers.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I am so impressed with the whole team combo. the forwards have always been a strength, but they seem to have another level of belief now. The whole team is playing with confidence in everything they do.

Sias has muscled up and goes looking for work in defence, varies his play with more runs, and the combo between him, Godwin and Rasolea has been fantastic. They seem to switch positions seamlessly, defend well, kick well. The combination has been given the time to gel when outside armchair experts were calling for change (including me). Thats good coaching.

Great job Force!! They dominated the Chiefs. Great teams, like the Chiefs, stay in a match. but that self belief to close it out was awesome. One great example to me was that last penalty, no arguing, they rushed back into their defensive line.

Something's changed in these guys and it appears to be mostly mental rather than physical. They are certainly playing with more purpose, putting some pace on the game and good old fashioned tearing into the opposition. It's bloody fantastic to see, because they're a pretty underrated bunch for the most part. An unfashionable group of blokes who are starting to head in the right direction. I'm loving it, but they've got to keep going now and get some reward for the effort.

I'll also say that the new blokes who have come into the squad, like Stander and Steenkamp have really injected some mogrel into the pack, which is something I personally am a big fan of.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Something's changed in these guys and it appears to be mostly mental rather than physical. They are certainly playing with more purpose, putting some pace on the game and good old fashioned tearing into the opposition. It's bloody fantastic to see, because they're a pretty underrated bunch for the most part. An unfashionable group of blokes who are starting to head in the right direction. I'm loving it, but they've got to keep going now and get some reward for the effort.

I'll also say that the new blokes who have come into the squad, like Stander and Steenkamp have really injected some mogrel into the pack, which is something I personally am a big fan of.

The second half of the brumbies game gave them belief. The Rebels took them lightly and got spanked the confidence is sky high and its amazing what it does for a team.. I'm just happy we have already played you in perth and got the points.. I think the force going take some beating now

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.