• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
He has been in japan helping out one of the teams but I think his base is still in Sydney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get Morrison on the phone! He knows how to get rid of "illegals" and on the basis of what we've seen Deans 457 visa application had to have been concocted with dodgy qualifications. Get him into detention and on a flight home as soon as possible. :)

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Deans' family has settled in Balmain, from what I heard, and I think he remains there for schooling reasons.

Nucifora would be hilarious, but I don't wish that on any Australian team.

There's sadly not a lot of options for the Force; but if I was their board, I would be canvasing options throughout the year with a plan to axe Foley this year and have a new coach ready for the pre-season.

Maybe you'd like Richard Graham back?

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I think to judge him on that effort alone was harsh. The team was getting rolled and it was his first Force cap against a far superior backline i don't many would do better.

Heiberg has by all reports i have heard been impressive in Pacific Rugby CUp

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Anyone else keen to CTM and Chris Heiberg injected into the match day squad?

Tough call to make re: changes to the side. This is what I would like to see:

1. Cowan
2. Charles
3. Hoskins
4. Steenkamp
5. McMeniman
6. Cottrell
7. Alcock
8. McCalman

9. Mathewson
10. Godwin
11. Cummins
12. CTM
13. Hayward (kicker)
14. Rasolea
15. Morahan

Or Morahan and Hayward switched.

I like Hoskins. He seems to scrum well, carry well and tackle well.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I think to judge him on that effort alone was harsh. The team was getting rolled and it was his first Force cap against a far superior backline i don't many would do better.

Heiberg has by all reports i have heard been impressive in Pacific Rugby CUp

He looked like he was doing that thing kids do when they try really hard to look like they're trying to make tackles and failing, rather actually trying to make the tackle. It was messy and everything from his skills to body language was awful.

That being said, it's a sample size of 1 and I would like to see him play again so I can judge better.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
He looked like he was doing that thing kids do when they try really hard to look like they're trying to make tackles and failing, rather actually trying to make the tackle. It was messy and everything from his skills to body language was awful.

That being said, it's a sample size of 1 and I would like to see him play again so I can judge better.

I know there is a big jump from SHute Shield to Super Rugby but the CTM in that game looked like a completely different person to the gamebreaker in the Norths midfield.
My Force Team:
1. Pek Cowan
2. Nathan Charles (Charles hasn't looked the same after the knee but he gets one more chance)
3. Ollie Hoskins
4. WillHelm SteenKamp
5. MMM
6 Cottrel
7. Alcock
8. Benny Mac
9. Matthewson
10. Zac Holmes (he gets 1 more chance but ebersohn has looked much better so far)
11. Honey Badger
12. Godwin
13. CTM
14. Morahan
15. Hayward
16. Tessman
17. Longbottom
18. Heiberg
19. Wykes
20. Walton
21. Prior
22. Ebersohn
23. Stubbs

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
CTM has been captaining the Force A team and has been doing a great job with the team undefeated this year in the pacific cup.

Playing at 13 he has been more than solid score 2 tries on sat and was very strong on defence I think he would be very close to getting a gig I think we have to be Careful to judge him and others from the lions game.

My team would look like this.

1 Pek
2 Charles
3 Hoskins
4 Steenkamp
5 Wykes (MMM has just been released from the last year of his contract)
6 Cotrall
7 Alcock
8 McCalman (C)

9 Prior (Alby has been very bad which I think is one of the reason Holmes has been down
10 Holmes (gets another chance outside prior)
11 Cummins
12 Godwin
13 CTM
14 Morahan
15 Haywood

16 Teessmann
17 Heiberg
18 Faulkner
19 Walton
20 Stander
21 Alby
22 Burton
23 DHP

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
The service he has been giving has been way down on last year.

A lot of ball behind or at the knees and the forwards have had no direction it's no coincidence that when Prior came on the field against the brumbies that the tempo stepped up the forwards started to go forward and the backs where able to get set and attack the line.

I think Holmes is the best 10
In the squad and I feel he hasn't been getting good service and want to see what he can do with his old training buddy Prior.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Ok I'm convinced. CTM to 13. Rasolea really hasn't done much to impress yet. That's based on last year as well.

Let's face it, I'd rather CTM leak a try and score a try than Rasolea do neither.

M

Moono75

We need some changes CTM and DHP should definielty be looked at but there's no way they will leave Hodgson out of the team with this being his 100th Force cap.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
If I was the Force, I'd put Ebersohn in at 10, Godwin 12, try CTM at 13, and replace Dellitt with Hayward on one wing.

They have to be given license to have more of a crack. It was sad that they didn't really have a go until the final 5 minutes against the Brumbies and the backs provided plenty of penetration then.

So far, Holmes, Rasolea and Dellitt haven't provided a whole lot and Hayward and Ebersohn have looked threatening off the bench.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Tough call to make re: changes to the side. This is what I would like to see:

1. Cowan
2. Charles
3. Hoskins
4. Steenkamp
5. McMeniman
6. Cottrell
7. Alcock
8. McCalman

9. Mathewson
10. Godwin
11. Cummins
12. CTM
13. Hayward (kicker)
14. Rasolea
15. Morahan

Or Morahan and Hayward switched.

I like Hoskins. He seems to scrum well, carry well and tackle well.

I like the look of that back row. Probably the best the Force could put on the park. If CTM recaptures his Shute Shield form from 2012, he would also be a positive change.

Status
Not open for further replies.