• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Will the Force seek to end the term of Foley this year?

I posted in last week's game thread that I thought he was a disastrous signing for them as a head coach and this week's match only re-enforces my view. The Force simply cannot afford to play the Foley/Hickey brand of percentage rugby. It will destroy what fan base the Force has as it did with the Tahs. I am very disappointed that Foley doesn't seem to have learned from that failure. He was and I think probably still remains an outstanding forwards coach, but for the rest his overall philosophy and game structures haven't changed at all.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Depends on how the rest of the season goes.

I know it has been two consecutive dismal games, but are we calling for Richard Graham's head after the Reds got made mince meat of by the Tahs?

Out of curiousity, who would you suggest to take over the Head Coach role if it wasn't Foley?

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)

I know it has been two consecutive dismal games, but are we calling for Richard Graham's head after the Reds got made mince meat of by the Tahs?

Out of curiousity, who would you suggest to take over the Head Coach role if it wasn't Foley?
No doubt Bruce Ross can enlighten you to the merits of Todd Louden as head coach. Louden's credentials are impressive, to be fair, though.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
There are quite a few Australian coaches I would be happy to see coaching a Super Side in Oz.

Off the top of my head :- Tim Lane, Todd Louden, Scott Johnson (if he could be lured away from the Scots), Phil Mooney (who IMO deserves another go as much of the backline play at the Reds in 2010 and 2011 I think could still be credited to him.

The key however is a complete balanced coaching team. Look at the Rebels this year and the Tahs are better for the input of Grey and Merhtens.

Make no mistake I do not want to see Foley discarded from Australian Coaching, that happens all to frequently and the lesson from the example of Laurie Fischer needs to be learnt.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)

Todd Louden the best option but maybe you could look at Phil Mooney.

Foley lost any respect of mine to be honest was that sham he portrayed for the Lions tour match.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Surely Graham lost any respect after the Waratahs vs Force match in 2011. 'We kicked so much so their crowd booed them' great tactic Richard.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
You want a new Coach?

David Nucifora is currently without a gig IIRC.

Can't believe that no one has thrown his hat in the ring.

Reactions: Ash

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
You want a new Coach?

Jesus HJ, kick a mob while they're down why don't you.

In all seriousness, I'd love to get Louden. We need a young coach who is unproven at this level. The organisation isn't attractive enough to bag a good coach (see 2012 where we courted Cheika and some fucking how ended up with Foley). So we need to find a great one, give him his first chance at this level and he stays for the long haul.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Tonnes of discussions on here about the relative merits of players in Aust Rugby.

In comparison there is stuff all discussion about the state of Coaching, the coaching pathway and up and coming coaches. There is a coaching thread, but this gets little use.

I'd say former G&GR's own Scott Allen would be a good catch as a support coach. I don't know him well enough to know if he is ready to be a head coach, but he is reports here and on the roar make a lot of sense.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Would love Todd Louden he should have got the job in 2012 I wouldnt even mind Deans he is a world class coach not sure he would want to return to aus but in Louden we have a young proven coach to build a club on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
You want a new Coach?

Lay off the crack. :)

I'd be happy with Louden, but I don't think he would bite. I don't know the details, and it was probably different people responsible, but Louden has apparently been stooged by the Force in the past.

I'd be happy with Mooney too.

Whoever it is, they need to be able to pull rabbits out of hats (Jake White/Scott Fardy style) and convince a handful of young and upcoming players to come west.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Would love Todd Louden he should have got the job in 2012 I wouldnt even mind Deans he is a world class coach not sure he would want to return to aus but in Louden we have a young proven coach to build a club on.

I don't think Deans has left Australia yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.