• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I'm sure it's in the works, and wouldn't it be great to see two Perth boys being the nucleus of the WA backline. You little ripper.

Sounds as if the WA U20s are going well too, so the grassroots appears to be coming along a treat. Just need to get the seniors going to keep the cash and interest from the public in the black.

Hodgo is a legend of the club, but Alcock has to start. Was MMM only on the pine because he is coming back from injury? He would start at any club in Super Rugby, so it doesn't make much sense to not have him out there.

That’s what we had on the weekend 2 WA boys Holmes and Godwin.

While Holmes didn’t have the best game he showed enough at the Brumbies and in the Trials he is good enough just needs time to gel with everyone.

On Hodgo i agree he has been great for us but Alcock is the better player now and needs to be starting. Its a tough call benching your captain and someone who has been so good for his team but he would understand he has always put the team ahead of his self.

My Back row going forward.

6 Cottrall/Stander
7 Alcock
8 McCalman

With Hodgo on the Bench.

MMM will start this week he was on the bench because he only had 40mins under his belt since returning from injury.

T

tranquility

Yup, I'm aware that Holmes is from Perth - but I'm not sure they he will be the mainstay in the back-line that Kyle is, and that Burton probably will be.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
The Force actually have an alright backline, the first time they've had one since their first few years when they had guys like Giteau, Mitchell, Shepherd, Staniforth, Cross, JOC (James O'Connor), etc.

Mathewson, Godwin, Cummins and Morahan are all pretty damn good players, and I think that Holmes has potential too. Back in 2012 at the Brumbies, I think it was, Holmes did a pretty good job distributing to his backline and getting it moving.

What frustrates me is the lack of backline organisation. I don't know who is running the backline at training, but they're not getting them set and whoever does the game plan is not using them well. Morahan and Cummins are classy runners of the ball and Godwin is handy with the defence in two minds, and Rosalea is pretty strong to boot. But, there's no effort to use the backs in this way.

The Force are relying on disrupting tactics from their pack and as for the backs, you can throw a blanket over them. Meanwhile the Force pack, to put it politely, does not appear as effective or as strong as it was a few years ago. In comparison, the backline appears better but it is currently overlooked.

Such limited game plans will only provide limited results as they will only score a limited number of points. This is even worse given the defensive issues offered up on the weekend - particularly it seemed that there was just a lack of trust in the person inside them, or maybe it was a lack of communication, or a lack of manning up, or a combination thereof.

Frustrating.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I bow to nobody in my love of The Badger and now people outside of G&GR are starting to get the message:

http://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby-...yer-nick-cummins/story-fndpt9s1-1226837074907

NICK Cummins is the most Australian man on the planet.
Really. We don’t care how many Southern Cross tattoos you have. You can’t compete with this bloke.
The Honey Badger, as he’s called, is a winger for the Wallabies and the Western Force. We thought we’d celebrate the start of the rugby season by sifting back through some of the Badger’s most indecipherably Australian quotes.

There is some 24-carat gold in that story.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
His latest Force video titled "Nick Cummins says the darndest things" has been going viral on Facebook recently. Last I checked, it has over 200,000-300,000 views.

And to think it all started with me linking that "sweating like a gypsy" video on GAGR... ;)

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Force fans, I need a little help. Going to be in Perth for work so will be catching the Rebels game and was looking at your seating plan. (15 selections on Ticketmaster is a bit over the top)

Where is good to sit? Always prefer side on.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Force fans, I need a little help. Going to be in Perth for work so will be catching the Rebels game and was looking at your seating plan. (15 selections on Ticketmaster is a bit over the top)

Where is good to sit? Always prefer side on.
If you like side on anywhere in the new eastern stand is good or you could go gen admission and have a few beers with the locals in the shed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Can one of you guys please explain to Foley that all he is doing with his non-naming of the team each week is pissing off rugby fans.

Its not like the opposition are sweating on who he names. It's just annoying for Fantasy Rugby coaches and anyone trying to produce a match day program or preview.
Teams are due on Thursdays by 2pm (not sure what time zone) the team will be announced today.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Teams are due on Thursdays by 2pm (not sure what time zone) the team will be announced today.

Last week he named all his positions as: 1. This guy/That guy.

It's pretty annoying. I know it's not necessary to tell us really, but it's a talking point and in the age of social media it's necessary to running a business.

M

Moono75

Naming your team to me projects confidence. It shows you have faith in who your best starting 15 playes are. Its no surprise to the opposition leaving it to the last minute and it shits the fans off.

It's a problem the Force have had for a long time now. Constantly tinkering with players in different positions one week to the next. That's what preseason is for. Work out who your best player is in a given position and then play them. Don't try and get your best athlete on the park and then play them in an unfamiliar position just to have them playing.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Hopefully Foley is willing to make the hard decisions and drop a few players.

Hodgson needs to go for alcock and MMM for Wykes. I also would like to see Manu and/or the saffa prop recieve a call up.

The backline should be given another chance, however i am of the opinion that CTM should be in over Rasolea and Stubbs/DHP for Dellit

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Status
Not open for further replies.