• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Whatever happens, I want to see To'omua in the 12 jersey for the Wallabies. He killed it there last season. His backup should be Godwin, of course, who I thought was one of the best centres in all of Super Rugby last year.

I want to see how they all go this Super season. The last international season was the first under Link and To'omua does have first dibs on 12 after his great EOYT, but there are a lot of people lined up to play 12 this year who could also demand attention.

T

tranquility

Whatever happens, I want to see To'omua in the 12 jersey for the Wallabies. He killed it there last season. His backup should be Godwin, of course, who I thought was one of the best centres in all of Super Rugby last year.

Yep.

FairWeatherAussie

Ted Fahey (11)
I think it's going to be a great competition between To'omua and Godwin for the 12 Jersey. To'omua was fantastic in the EOYT's, but playing 10 for the Brumbies may hurt his chances a little come Wallaby time. Beale will also be in the mix if he manages to step up into the 12 jersey for the 'tahs, although I think he may end up on the Wallaby bench covering 10, 12 and 15.

caymantim

Herbert Moran (7)
I'm looking forward to seeing how Beale handles some H-Badger at full tilt!! Test out that shoulder and his heart!

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
How'd you guys let Jake Ball go?!

I'm watching him play for Wales and he's exactly the nuggety tough-stuff kind of lock that we don't usually get in Aus.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Richard Graham

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha, if you can produce quality performances starting in the 6 nations 2 years after leaving a development contract, mistakes were made.

I like Rory Walton who got his contract though, he could be the same kind of nuggety fellow for us one day.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Haha, if you can produce quality performances starting in the 6 nations 2 years after leaving a development contract, mistakes were made.

I like Rory Walton who got his contract though, he could be the same kind of nuggety fellow for us one day.
Richard Graham refused to pick wa talent the only wa players he ever played was Godwin and Longbottpm both who were already in the system (and that had more to do with management. Jake ball was ready to go all through 2011 but never got a chance then in 2012 when RG was gone we needed a lock for the tour of NZ but unfortunately he was injured and we flew Atkins over from nsw and by the end of 2012 had signed a contract in Wales another one that got away...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)

I too like Rory and loved the passion shown against the Crusaders.

Watched Rory against the Reds A team.

Continued border-line Yellow Card activity is not even going to get him on the bench in the main game. Just too much of a risk.

Robbie Abels showed the same traits against the Pampas XV.

Doing nothing for the team when sitting in the sin bin!!!

Both need to smarten up to move from the EPS.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
KB (Kurtley Beale) isn't the defensive liability he once was. If the Tahs defence is shaky it will be on the back of poor team defensive effort. But even though Cheika has gone for all out attack I rate him too highly to think he won't have defense covered as well.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
KB (Kurtley Beale) isn't the defensive liability he once was. If the Tahs defence is shaky it will be on the back of poor team defensive effort. But even though Cheika has gone for all out attack I rate him too highly to think he won't have defense covered as well.
If the back rowers are doing their job,it's easy meat covering that channel.
I hope they hurt any fuckers that test that route.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
The first piece to the puzzle that is a successful Force team is a coach who players want to come and play for. That is the only way we will attract the talent to give this thing a shake. And before everyone loses their shit saying we want local players, no team is comprised of solely local players.

And to try and pick the eyes out of South Africa hoping to find all of their diamonds in the rough will only unearth fools gold. You may find the odd diamond, but it's not a sensible method to try and assemble a champion team in a reasonable time frame.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Kyle Godwin will not play at 10 as it will leave too big a hole in the Centres. Hence, don't hold your breath for 2014.......

If "we" means the Reds then you can't have him!!!

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
The first piece to the puzzle that is a successful Force team is a coach who players want to come and play for. That is the only way we will attract the talent to give this thing a shake. And before everyone loses their shit saying we want local players, no team is comprised of solely local players.

And to try and pick the eyes out of South Africa hoping to find all of their diamonds in the rough will only unearth fools gold. You may find the odd diamond, but it's not a sensible method to try and assemble a champion team in a reasonable time frame.

Where else do you think the Force will go?

Champagne tastes on a beer budget......

Local talent development will take even longer...but improving with the new competitions.

T

tranquility

Kyle Godwin will not play at 10 as it will leave too big a hole in the Centres. Hence, don't hold your breath for 2014...

If "we" means the Reds then you can't have him!!!

Nah mate, Kyle is heart of the West. My years of anger with you lot gutting our club have subsided.

I'm not sure what Kyle's best position will be long-term, but Zack didn't look like the 10 to unleash the men outside of him today. First round, so who-knows how he will build from there. But you would think that the more times Kyles gets the ball in his hands, the more correct decisions will be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.